UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AFMcGill

Wishes and Dreams of the Fabled Minimates Ten-Pack

Recommended Posts

I'm in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Marvel Legends can have a Serpent Society so can Minimates.  I'm also in!  Assuming, of course, Constrictor, Diamondback, and King Cobra make the cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be so cool and sell so badly.

Speaking of which, this would be my choice:

latest?cb=20160320081819

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serpent Society and the Squadron Supreme  would be wonderful! I’d even be satisfied with a classic Squadron Sinister 4-pack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hellpop said:

That would be so cool and sell so badly.

Speaking of which, this would be my choice:

latest?cb=20160320081819

you are a wise man who makes wise decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mystery Man said:

I’d even be satisfied with a classic Squadron Sinister 4-pack!

Yeah. All 4 we got in the animated line - there's just something wrong with them (Hyperion is given the wrong type of cape, Speed Demon is black-skinned, Nighthawk's wings make his head pop off almost the minute you touch him, Doctor Spectrum is wearing what looks like bad eye-shadow on his mask).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you liked the Power Princess then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Yeah. All 4 we got in the animated line - there's just something wrong with them (Hyperion is given the wrong type of cape, Speed Demon is black-skinned, Nighthawk's wings make his head pop off almost the minute you touch him, Doctor Spectrum is wearing what looks like bad eye-shadow on his mask).

I filed down some of the under portion of the cape on Nighthawk, then glued it down. It’s why I buy extra’s!

Edited by Mystery Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m insane so I’d want something like an X-Men uniform pack like this image https://66.media.tumblr.com/a3d0dbf8111a6a18d1bdfd79e51c58e7/tumblr_pg6ufcYoAt1xxaq7yo1_400.jpg with a male and female form. Or even just a pack of henchmen that mimicked the “lost” marvel legends wave 13: AIM Scientists, Hellfire Goon, Hydra agent, Doombot, Skrull, Hand Ninja, Kree, Brood Drone, Sons of serpent, and Purifier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 2:05 AM, NerdyTrev said:

So you liked the Power Princess then?

She wasn't part of the original Squadron Sinister and she had that bland ugly redesign so I didn't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

She wasn't part of the original Squadron Sinister and she had that bland ugly redesign so I didn't get it.

Huh. I could've sworn she was. Oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Huh. I could've sworn she was. Oh well. 

Image result for squadron sinister first appearance

(thank god Hyperion found pants for his next appearances)

She wasn't on the Squadron Sinister until the miniseries in 2015. And  was even a late addition to the Squadron Supreme (she is one of the characters Mark Gruenwald created - I'd guess because when the original Squadron Sinister and Supreme were introduced, Wonder Woman wasn't active at the time, she was de-powered and a fashion designer at DC). She first appeared in Defenders #112 in 1983 alongside the Zatanna and Firestorm analogues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone here name the DC analogues to the Avengers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...

 

Green Arrow (Hawkeye)

Atom (Ant-Man)

Captain Marvel (Thor)

Superman (Captain America)

Batman (Iron Man)

Red Tornado (Vision)

Flash (Quicksilver)

Zatanna (Scarlet Witch)

Wonder Woman (Black Widow)

 

Hulk has me stumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Can anyone here name the DC analogues to the Avengers?

Spoiler

The Champions of Angor: Bluejay (Yellowjacket), Silver Sorceress (Scarlet Witch) and Wandjina (Thor). Wandjina I mainly remember from Justice League International (although I think all 3 were in the first story arc, Wandjina comes back as a zombie).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFMcGill said:

She first appeared in Defenders #112 in 1983 alongside the Zatanna and Firestorm analogues.

Ya I knew about this. I suppose I was just misremembering my Roy Thomas-era Avengers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFMcGill said:
  Hide contents

The Champions of Angor: Bluejay (Yellowjacket), Silver Sorceress (Scarlet Witch) and Wandjina (Thor). Wandjina I mainly remember from Justice League International (although I think all 3 were in the first story arc, Wandjina comes back as a zombie).

 

Correct! I did not realize that when I first saw them in JLI. And of course the Extremists are based on several big Marvel villains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It always bothered me that Silver Sorceress didn’t wear silver.

There was a Quicksilver analogue too, Jack B. Quick.

They joked about it in JLI, saying that she must be colorblind. I like to think that, on their planet, silver is gold and gold silver. :lol:

There was a great issue of Justice League International Quarterly that goes back to their planet, and features lots of Marvel Universe analogues. Man, were those some great comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It's too bad we only have one or two of those characters, I'd love to get more from Under Siege.

And most of them have Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe figures. 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...