UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wishes and Dreams of the Fabled Minimates Ten-Pack

AFMcGill

Once upon a time there was a SDCC-exclusive ten-pack of Iron Man movie figures.

Image result for minimates hall of armor

This was a one-off and I've seen Zach shut down people hoping for another one at least once, but here's a thread for all us dreamers to dream of this mythical beast that could justify obscure unlikely characters and fill so many gaps. For example, I remember, Mattel once did an exclusive 12-pack of the entire Legion of Super-Heroes and that was GENIUS - it meant these characters that were mostly unlikely to ever get made as single figures managed to all get done and packaged together.

Go on, fire away, what ten-packs do you wish we had that we never will get. And the great thing is, there's no wrong answers (unless you want 10 more Iron Men and nothing else).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Also I remember that pack sitting on hastings shelves until they went under. Forget how much they were asking but it didn't sell til it was atleast 50% off

Hastings was on its way out well before this set hit their shelves. And to be honest, few collectors were excited to pay full price for the one or two figures they wanted and others they already had. A 10-pack of all new figures would have sold through just fine. 

That said, a 10-pack of completely new figures will still run at least $50, probably more. I'd want all new figures.

INTO THE SPIDERVERSE the whole damn movie

Miles Morales Spider Man

Peter Parker with both Spiderschlub and Spidersuccess alt heads

SP/DR with Peni parts beneath

Noir

Spider-Ham

Spider-Gwen

The Prowler with Aaron Davis head

The Kingpin

Olivia Octavius

The final slot I’m undecided on between Miles in his crap Spider suit, Aunt May, Jefferson Davis, and Stan Lee. I’d accept Scorpion or 2099 too though. 

21 minutes ago, hellpop said:

If I'm really dreaming, I'd like to see an Amalgam box set, but that's really never going to happen.

If I'm really dreaming I'm asking for moviemates they never got around to:

Armored Whiplash

Warriors Three

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rhino

Ghost Rider

Finishing the X-Men movie teams

Deadpool 1 & 2

Logan

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse

Spider-Man: Far From Home

34 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Hastings was on its way out well before this set hit their shelves. And to be honest, a few collectors were excited by the new scary guy's glowing red codpiece & were happy to pay full price  just for that :unsure:. One or two different colour hairpieces were also a bonus  . A 10-pack of all new figures would have sold through just fine. 

That said, a 10-pack of completely new figures will still run at least $50, probably more. I'd want all new figures & some new codpieces ....a tiger .....a bike ...

Sorted :thumbsup:

I can also think of a few Star Trek, Lost in Space, Alien, Pirates of the Caribbean, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, and X-Files 10-packs I wouldn't mind adding to my collection, but if we're sticking to Marvel...

Agents of SHIELD

Coulson

May

Daisy

Fitz

Simmons

Mack

Yo-Yo

Mockingbird

Deathlok

Raina

Or just a 10-pack of Agent Keonig Minimates.

Ultimates: Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Black Widow
Ultimate X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Rogue, Angel, Beast (there's a decent enough Wolverine from Wolverine Thru the Ages)
Ultimate Heroes: Spider-Man, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Thing, Miles Morales, Falcon, Vision, Mahr Vell, Dazzler
Ultimate Villains: Green Goblin, Loki, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Sub-Mariner, Colonel Abdul Al-Rahman, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Deadpool, Red Wasp

I said it's dreaming!

3 hours ago, Chooch said:

New Warriors 10-pack!

Night Thrasher

Marvel Boy (with removable cape and few heads you could get 3-4 looks out of him)

Firestar

"Kid" Nova

Speedball

Namorita

Rage

Silhouette

Darkhawk

Turbo

Take my money.

9 hours ago, Chooch said:

New Warriors 10-pack!

Night Thrasher

Marvel Boy (with removable cape and few heads you could get 3-4 looks out of him)

Firestar

"Kid" Nova

Speedball

Namorita

Rage

Silhouette

Darkhawk

Turbo

9 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

FF Friends and Foes

Gimme gimme. Hot damn gimme. BUT a few changes to the FF line-up which will become clear will the other 2 boxed sets after it. She-Thing was omitted because this set feels much more 1960’s into the 1970’s and she didn’t even show up as Ms. Marvel until ‘85.

Fantastic Four Friends & Foes

"Lab Ready" Mister Fantastic (blue/black uniform)

Solid Invisible Woman w/phasing parts (blue/black uniform)

Red-uniform1970’s Johnny Storm

Medusa (FF uniform)

Crystal (FF uniform)

Thundra

Wizard

Trapster

Dragon Man

Diablo

The Inhumans

Black Bolt

Medusa (Classic Kirby costume)

Crystal (yellow)

Lockjaw

Triton

Gorgon

Karnak

Maximus

Alpha Primitive

Alpha Primitive*

*But have an exclusive two-pack someplace of just Alpha Primitives.

Bronze Age Marvel 

Classic Luke Cage, Power Man

Classic Iron Fist (two chest blocks for with and without dragon tattoo)

Son of Satan

Brother Voodoo

Count Dracula

Killraven

Deathlok

Adam Warlock (parts for both Marvel Premiere #1 and Stranges Tales #180 looks)

Updated classic Spider Woman

First appearance She-Hulk

If we're going hard on a 'never gonna happen' wish list 10-pack, then this year is the 25th anniversary of of Generation X:

Banshee
Emma Frost
Jubilee
Skin
Chamber
M
Husk
Sync
Penance 
Emplate

If you can find a way to include a Mondo somewhere along the way, have at it. 

6 hours ago, Nessex said:

If we're going hard on a 'never gonna happen' wish list 10-pack, then this year is the 25th anniversary of of Generation X:

Banshee
Emma Frost
Jubilee
Skin
Chamber
M
Husk
Sync
Penance 
Emplate

If you can find a way to include a Mondo somewhere along the way, have at it. 

You could probably get away with an alt head for one of them, like um... I suppose, M could be included as an alt head for Husk. But then you'd have to get two (or get one loose) to have them all. But that would allow for a Mondo. Maybe ditch Emma - because this is purely dreaming, we don't necessarily need her to help anchor it as the most notable character, and the First Class Emma is just close enough to be Gen X Emma, methinks.

fig1210flg.jpg

Or maybe be really sneaky and say you also envision a corresponding TRU two-pack of Chamber and Husk to free up two spots for Mondo and um what was the girl with pink hair? Gaya? Or maybe - much better - 616 Blink! Or Black Tom Cassidy. Or whatever.

I'm down for it any way.

Edited by AFMcGill

17 hours ago, Chooch said:

New Warriors 10-pack!

Night Thrasher

Firestar

"Kid" Nova

Speedball

Namorita

Rage

Silhouette

Darkhawk

Turbo

I would pass out of pure joy and happiness if we ever got a set like this. Hell, if we got a wave like this, I’d buy two sets of everything. One to open and display, one keep in mint condition.

Edited by ABC123

9 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Gimme gimme. Hot damn gimme. BUT a few changes to the FF line-up which will become clear will the other 2 boxed sets after it. She-Thing was omitted because this set feels much more 1960’s into the 1970’s and she didn’t even show up as Ms. Marvel until ‘85.

Fantastic Four Friends & Foes

"Lab Ready" Mister Fantastic (blue/black uniform)

Solid Invisible Woman w/phasing parts (blue/black uniform)

Red-uniform1970’s Johnny Storm

Medusa (FF uniform)

Crystal (FF uniform)

Thundra

Wizard

Trapster

Dragon Man

Diablo

I concede and gleefully accept those changes. The Gerry Conway era of FF is my second favorite so I love how this adheres to all of that gloriousness. 

8 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I concede and gleefully accept those changes. The Gerry Conway era of FF is my second favorite so I love how this adheres to all of that gloriousness. 

Me too! It’s got just enough Kirby/Lee in there and just enough Conway. Thanks for the original line-up that I worked from  you did all the work!

Being in the money men. Let’s get this thing in production!

Edited by Mystery Man