UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Update/Re-Do Wishlists!

AFMcGill

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Believe it or not, they are being discussed, but they may not be the ones you want...

Short of 90's The Crossing versions, I can't think of any Hank and Jan variants I wouldn't welcome (Although I've got no idea what their current status quo is in the comics, is Hank still dead/Ultron?), so it's nice to hear that they're under consideration. Fingers crossed for a classic Avengers wave after the F4.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Short of 90's The Crossing versions, I can't think of any Hank and Jan variants I wouldn't welcome (Although I've got no idea what their current status quo is in the comics, is Hank still dead/Ultron?), so it's nice to hear that they're under consideration. Fingers crossed for a classic Avengers wave after the F4.

Yeah. Hank's still dead.

6 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

I keep holding out hope for an updated classic 90's Dan Ketch Ghost Rider. A less likely hope of a static Hellcyle stand to go with him is probably even more unlikely to see the light of pale eerie night. 

I have been waiting for a Danny Ketch Ghost Rider forever. I really would love a Rise of the Midnight Sons wave. Ketch Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Centurious, Lilith, Strange, Zarathos, Blade, Hannibal King or Morbius. Siege of Darkness would be another good storyline to make a Ghost Rider wave. 

• 4 weeks later...

the 90’s animated juggy coming up gives me hope for another more comic-accurate figure down the line. i love the excalibur jugz but i could always use more, ya know? and on the topic of bulked up villains, i think rhino is due for a newer release as well. normal sized villains would be bullseye daken and kang for me.

i agree with the others who have mentioned ghost rider and blade for sure. then of course first appearance and x-factor x-men are always going to be my vote for a re-release (maybe full team + xavier or a villain for a 6pack) might as well throw in new mutants since they’ve also become tough to find.

i’d also like to add man-thing and howard the duck (blue jacket + hat, and maybe the tiny legs they used for rocket)

Edited by minifigvig

23 hours ago, elhonez said:

Classic Vision re-do with more modern detailed decals/tampos. Solid colors with phasing limb accessories.

I second this. It might actually be cool to get some kinda, like, Ultron family sorta wave. Or a new classic Avengers wave focused on Ultron's extended and complicated family history. Assuming we go back to 4 2-packs a wave, we could finally get that updated Hank Pym/Janet van Dyne set I've been clamoring for (with accessories to shift them into alt. costumes like in the Avengers #1 set), a new classic Vision/Scarlet Witch set (since the last classic Vision we got was in 2008 and the last classic Scarlet Witch was in 2012), an updated classic Ultron/Quicksilver pack (I'm aware that we already have updated versions of Quicksilver in both his blue and green costumes, but maybe you could just re-issue one of those 2 for this?), and as a last pack... IDK, Grim Reaper and Wonder Man? I know we have a pretty decent Grim Reaper from the second Disney Store exclusive Avengers Box Set from 2012, but we haven't gotten a good update to Simon Williams since 2009, and that's in his more modern costume. Our last classic Wonder Man came out in 2007.

I know DST isn't keen on straight reissues but, damn, there are certain characters that should be readily available at retail. Imagine trying to get into this line but the last time a vanilla 616 Spider-Man was offered was ten years ago. All the more reason to continue offering Best of/Greatest Hits assortments.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I know DST isn't keen on straight reissues but, damn, there are certain characters that should be readily available at retail. Imagine trying to get into this line but the last time a vanilla 616 Spider-Man was offered was ten years ago. All the more reason to continue offering Best of/Greatest Hits assortments.

Maximum carnage Spidey was offered 2 or so years ago 

(I've decided against responding, "Oh, good. Newbies only have to go back five years in time.")

I'm just wondering if there's a specific reason Spider-Fan Chuck suddenly refuses to support Spider-Man movies. This isn't like the Fox vs. Disney situation with X-Men and Fantastic Four. Marvel has merchandising rights to the films, not Sony. Are retailers having trouble moving Spidey merch?