UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Update/Re-Do Wishlists!

AFMcGill

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She may be in a completely different look in the movie but if Series 77 is the de facto tie-in to Far From Home, a future comic-based series could be a tie-in to this spinoff. DST loves to do totally different looks for de facto movie tie-ins. Look at Star Trek Into Darkness.

I'd wager DST will redo the classic, iconic suit if only because it doesn't mean paying for another license.

16 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Not that I particularly want one but I'm surprised Jessica Drew Spider-Woman hasn't been updated at some point.

I think the world would be a better place with a fully bulked up Captain Britain figure.

I'm not promoting this ebay listing  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Minimates-Excalibur-Set-Juggernaut-Night-crawler/183751332737?hash=item2ac86ed381:g:L2gAAOSwlJdcnFx3

If ever there was 'a picture that told a story' then those photos say it all about Captain Britain .

One set I've always thought was a no-brainer is the West Coast Avengers. This would allow for three updates: Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Wonder Man. Hawkeye's an easy one, since he wore long sleeves in that book but otherwise his costume is the same, so no new parts. There's two options for Iron Man: a redo of the Silver Centurian armor, or, perhaps more interstingly, Jim Rhodes as Iron Man (Rhodey was still Iron Man in the original WCA mini series, replaced by Tony in the regular book). I know we just got the classic armor again with the hologram head, but getting a Rhodey version would be pretty cool. And for Wonder Man, they can either update the previous two figures, or even make his notoriously ugly red and green costume (which I kinda like). For the last slot, it pretty obviously goes to Mockingbird, since Tigra was just released. The box set would allow enough room to include extra parts to make all her main looks in the series (short and long hair, bare legs/blue boots and covered legs/white boots). Unfortunately, DST seems to have moved past these types of team-specific box sets, so I doubt it's going to happen.

3 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

I'm not against another Iron Man if it means I can get a Mockingbird and a good Hawkeye. Dark Avengers Hawkeye shouldn't be the best Hawkeye 

I think the fear itself mask is the best mask they've done. Reminds me alot of that Pic posted above 

I’d love a classic West Coast Avengers set! I wouldn’t even mind a re-do of the Silver Centurion Iron Man if they’d make the shoulder pads a separate movable piece. 

Mockingbird with long and short sleeve parts would be great!

PS - the best Hawkeye is the Disney boxed set one but the “Best of” paint colors aren’t so bad  

Maybe throw in a classic Vision with solid/phasing arms and legs? Or a nice new villain?

I just don't think the eyeholes to allow us to see the eyes on the head look good on the masks like Hawkeye or Captain America. I really hate that best of one with the loin cloth that is angled outwards, the massive bracelet parts on his arm, the massive chest/neck piece, the mask...

I think the best Hawkeye mask is probably the very first Hawkeye because it's smaller than the Best Of one 

fig0506flg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Samurai Wolverine/Lady Deathstrike sleeves would make more sense.

I’d love to see classic Mockingbird, but it’d be hard to have the parts for both pants/hair down and no pants/hair up looks if they were completely accurate.

The Heroes Return/Best Of Hawkeye mask isn’t perfect, but I think it’s the best option. The Fear Itself mask is a good sculpt, but I’m not a fan of Hawkeye having “Batman eyes”.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I think the Samurai Wolverine/Lady Deathstrike sleeves would make more sense.

I’d love to see classic Mockingbird, but it’d be hard to have the parts for both pants/hair down and no pants/hair up looks if they were completely accurate.

The Heroes Return/Best Of Hawkeye mask isn’t perfect, but I think it’s the best option. The Fear Itself mask is a good sculpt, but I’m not a fan of Hawkeye having “Batman eyes”.

No it's not. It's one extra pair of legs and boots, and one extra hairpiece (presuming the face is a tampo rather than a sculpted mask a la Marvel Girl).

I swear, the things you guys don't know about Mockingbird! :angry:

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

No it's not. It's one extra pair of legs and boots, and one extra hairpiece (presuming the face is a tampo rather than a sculpted mask a la Marvel Girl).

I swear, the things you guys don't know about Mockingbird! :angry:

The pattern on the torso of the two costumes is different too, so all you could share would be hands, arms, hips, and head. It'd be easy to just overlook, but that's why I said completely accurate.

And I think at least the second look would need a sculpted mask.

Image result for mockingbird marvel