UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Update/Re-Do Wishlists!

AFMcGill

The stuff that comes to mind for me are what i consider nessecary updates for old figures that don’t fit with the more modern styles or are too dinky if they’re supposed to be bulky characters. They are:

- Invisible Woman is the classic blue/black costume. It should match the “Best of” Mr. Fantastic colors and style

- classic 1970’s Luke Cage, Power Man

- classic Iron Fist (no bulky torso cover. He’d include two collars that extend down his torso, each showing his chest with and without the dragon tattoo)

- Abomination

- The Destroyer

- classic Rhino (no jingle bell armbands on his wrists and shins, just flat costume)

- Daredevil (yellow costume)

- classic Stealth Iron Man (use updated armor mold)

- And I wouldn’t even mind another classic Hercules because the torso capper they used on the original is my most hated piece ever created. 

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be too much to ask for a black and white Punisher too? We've got t-shirt and trench coat, we've got two of the 4 live actions we've got the classic black and grey, and we've got blue and white. But no black and white. Which sucks.

We definitely need that Punisher, I don't understand how it hasn't happened already.

This might sound odd but I think we need an updated classic Thor. We've received all the pieces so we can put a good one together but DST hasn't actually released one.

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I've said it many times.........Thor isn't Thor unless he has biceps ...it is integral to the character  . Howard the Duck & The Toad (example) Minimates have the same size arms as the most powerful Avenger .:huh:

Have I ever mentioned the Thing ? :wallbash:

Meh. He’s not as big as Thing or Hulk. I don’t need a giant muscley Thor. Reminds me too much of Liefield!

I'm guessing Liefield would've designed all minimates without feet ? 

With respect to you MMan the TRU 12 Thor is a spot-on Minimate ,accurately depicting Kirby's first Thor as he appeared on the cover of Journey into Mystery #83 looking IMHO the leanest he ever was or ever will be  .........it's a memorable comic & a memorable Minimate which I too like , I like a lot of the 28 other Thor Minimates as well .

I would also be amongst those people that "don't need a giant muscley Thor"  but I would like....as I said....an increase in the upper part of his Minimate 'arm' .

Finally & perhaps astonishingly I think I'm in the minority ...once again...in my belief that Thor Minimate upper arms have actually 'grown' on recent releases . I confess that I am currently unable to adequately confirm this as a fact (my collection is on the move once more) but a quick scan of all the Thor's in the MMDB seems to show a perceptible 'growth' of the upper-arm .

On 3/15/2019 at 7:02 AM, Mystery Man said:

I wouldn’t even mind another classic Hercules because the torso capper they used on the original is my most hated piece ever created. 

Glad i'm not alone. I really hate it. If only there was a print underneath or something, the Minimate would be improved about 90%.

I don't care for the way bulked-up upper arms look on an otherwise normal figure. I don't think there's a regular humanoid character that can't be adequately represented with either the standard body or a bulked-up one.

I think there are a few places that chest piece can work, it's certainly not worse than the one their using now, but Hercules was not a good character to use it on. He would have been much better if the sash was a separate piece on a normal body.

11 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

With respect to you MMan the TRU 12 Thor is a spot-on Minimate ,accurately depicting Kirby's first Thor as he appeared on the cover of Journey into Mystery #83 looking IMHO the leanest he ever was or ever will be  .........it's a memorable comic & a memorable Minimate which I too like , I like a lot of the 28 other Thor Minimates as well 

What I like are the options to display characters how we want them without resorting to customizing. I wouldn’t mind a Thor like that if you could remove the bicep cover on IF you wanted to. And if I saw one in person, I might actually like it!  If they packed it with a bulked up Destroyer... that’d be a thing of beauty! 

Same thing with that Hercules. Had they a detailed torso under that awful chest cap, it would’ve been so much better. I trimmed off the shoulders on mine and had someone paint them, but that’s not an option for everybody.

God how I hated that chest cap sculpt. I hated it in preview images and I loathe it now. Luckily I think the only noticable use of it I can’t work around it is, yep, Herc. 

23 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

On the topic of Hercules, someone a while back used the AoA Rogue necklace piece over a Ryu torso and removed the skirt and I think it works fantastically. 

I honestly had considered using that but I couldn't immediately find a chest block that matched the arms and legs. But even still, the Rogue bit - it's not quite right for that design. Very close though.

Image result for hercules marvel

tumblr_pokmvqXuct1tms107o1_1280.jpg

That's what it looks like, Shaman crotch and the Street Fighter chest block I was using for someone else (and it still doesn't match). and there's my kitbash between the two Wonder Men, since someone asked - Chest, arms and belt from one and everything else from the other..

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Not that I particularly want one but I'm surprised Jessica Drew Spider-Woman hasn't been updated at some point.

I think the world would be a better place with a fully bulked up Captain Britain figure.

It is pretty ridiculous. She definitely in my top 5. I'm on the verge on making my own