UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an Operation: Galactic Storm wave would be a pretty smart idea. Like the Jean DeWolff wave, it gives DST a good framework for rereleasing the big guns and fitting in some cool new figures like Quasar and Gladiator. 

3 hours ago, Nessex said:

100% here of O:GS if it gives us Sersi, Crystal or Binary!

I'm probably in the minority but I don't need an official Sersi in her green bathers release as its such an easy custom. Crystal and Binary however....

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

I'm probably in the minority but I don't need an official Sersi in her green bathers release as its such an easy custom. Crystal and Binary however....

I will co-sign any reason for a Binary figure. X-Men 171 was the first comic I ever bought. Seeing Carol punch Rogue in orbit (and having no idea what was going on) solidified the character for me. Unique and visually stunning. Totally neglected by the toy market. 

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Real talk: My preference would be the red outfit with the brown leather jacket, but she's commonly in green and I'd really just be happy to see her get some sort of offical release.

And speaking of cosmic Marvel, I just read Infinity Wars the other day (pretty good; I'd recommend it but make sure you read the Guardians of the Galaxy series that leads up to it), and that would certainly be a fruitful series for DST to explore. I feel like DST hasn't done a great job is piggybacking with Marvel's events in the last few years, though to be fair to them Marvel's events haven't always been worth exploiting. But Infinity Wars would allow them to make new versions of guys like Adam Warlock, Loki, Emma Frost, Ms Marvel, and Star Lord, not to mention the character combinations. I could definitely see a box set or a wave with characters like Soldier Supreme and Arachknight. Maybe a wave that mixes 616 characters with the merged characters?

OGS is one of my favourite Avengers stories but it has been a story Marvel have buried. Editorial generally don't like anything from the early 90s because "90s comics are awful".

Yep, Sersi is such an easy custom, the minute that Enchantress was announced I wanted it just for that.

Also with OGS you've got even more long in-demand characters, outside of the Avengers - Lilandra, Deathbird, Shi'ar army builder, Imperial Guard, new Kree or Skrull army builders, Binary, I would honestly say getting a OGS wave is only ever going to be disappointing because no matter what you're probably not going to get all the characters you'd want or wished for from the story.

We'd definitely get a Quasar at least.

Maybe a Kree/Skrull War wave is more likely?

Hawkeye as Goliath, re-dos of classic Vision and Mar-Vell and maybe Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Yellowjacket, maybe a new Classic Thor even... an army builder of Kree or Skrull... can even slip Triton in there to help get another bit of the Inhumans royal family built. BAF of... Rick Jones (which would be a waste to me since you can really easily make a perfect Rick Jones with a Predators Minimate)? maybe air force Carol Danvers? Or even the Supreme Intelligence (I'd have no idea how they'd do that, be interesting that's for sure)

I would absolutely LOVE this. Any attention that Roy Thomas' Avengers gets is okay by me. Other than the Vision, people don't usually recognize what a major stamp he has on the Avengers, let alone the rest of the Marvel Universe. 

However, one cannot do the Kree/Skrull War without Rick Jones. He needs an official 'mate. Heck, there was even an issue of What If? that explored what would happen had Rick Jones not been there during the fight! He's perfect for a BaF. I'd like to see something like this maybe:

Scarlet Witch / Vision

Captain Mar-Vell (white hair) / Ronan the Accuser (bulky)

Goliath (Barton) / Classic Thor 

Any Royal Inhuman / Maximus the Mad (its my favorite costume of his)

BaF: Rick Jones 

Edited by NerdyTrev

I think pushing TWO Inhumans into the wave is a bit overkill - especially since the Inhumans strand was mostly a diversion. Triton at least was VERY prominent when he showed up and had that really iconic Neal Adams splash-page (he was also the cliffhanger in the issue before!). Mar-Vell I think should have white hair but also have the blonde hair as a pack-in. I would say there needs to be some Skrull representation... maybe "Skrull Empress" which would be modelled on the princess or whatever. Or just have an army building two-pack of new Kree and Skrull soldiers - that would be great (both their mates are quite anachronistic) but I can't imagine they'd be good for shelves. Maybe do what the Marvel Legends did and include alternate parts so you can say it's Original Captain Marvel vs. Super-Skrull as well as an army builder. 

Edited by AFMcGill

11 hours ago, Nessex said:

Real talk: My preference would be the red outfit with the brown leather jacket, but she's commonly in green and I'd really just be happy to see her get some sort of offical release.

I agree on an official release I am just selfish as I have kitbashes of both I've been happy with and want more harder characters to make to be made.

I would definitely want an official release of Sersi, preferably with a jacket available. I doubt the fact that there's an relatively easy custom out there that some people find satisfying would have much bearing on DST's decision to make her or not, that's all up to their apparent reluctance to make Avengers that aren't MCU-related.

That's almost identical to what I thought the wave could be - and was going to post it! The only difference was I had Hulkling with "Hawkeye as Goliath" though and the Skrull specifically as "Skrull Empress". Just because I can't see two army builders in a wave, especially two we've already had ages ago, as good and appropriate as they'd be.

On Vision - on top of translucent alt parts, they could include a miniature Ant-Man accessory. Wanda would presumably have those magic hands re-used from the AvX minimate (and the main difference - hopefully a better cape). Mar-Vell really only needs an alt hair piece that's his blonde hair. Maybe throw in an alt head that's a Skrull wearing his mask (to recreate the Skrull one from Secret Invasion!). That pack should also contain the Omni-Wave Projector. And Goliath, size-changing parts. Hopefully allowing the option to have him not have any giant add-ons if desired. Hulkling would have a few big pieces too, and alt parts, so, I'm not sure packing him with Goliath would be viable (maybe stick him with Mar-Vell... but then you have to find something better than a "Skrull Empress" to go with Goliath - maybe a new Yellowjacket or blergh something like yet another Iron Man or Captain America). Thor would come with Mjolnir and either the spinning Mjolnir or a new Mjolnir with lightning effects and un-helmeted hair. Triton, probably nothing, beyond a water effect stand. Rick Jones doesn't need any accessories either, although a guitar wouldn't be the worst thing.

I think it is definitely a viable wave (and sadly much more likely that OGS).

I’d like to see the new Havok/Polaris effect in red for Scarlet Witch, as well as a curlier hair sculpt than the AvX version.

And I know Hulkling’s been retconned into the war, but if we got a wave based on it I’d want to stick to character in the original story.

I’d be fine with more Avengers instead of the army builders, but I feel like a Kree-Skrull War wave should have Kree and Skrulls in it.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Maybe skip Vision so we can save them for the Avengers/Defenders War wave!

Silver Surfer / Vision

Swordsman / Mantis

Iron Man / Doctor Strange

Classic Loki / Valkyrie

BaF: Classic Dormammu

This way we can have Scarlet Witch paired with, perhaps the Skrull Emperor Dorrek. 

11 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Maybe skip Vision so we can save them for the Avengers/Defenders War wave!

Silver Surfer / Vision

Swordsman / Mantis

Iron Man / Doctor Strange

Classic Loki / Valkyrie

BaF: Classic Dormammu

This way we can have Scarlet Witch paired with, perhaps the Skrull Emperor Dorrek. 

Yesssss! Vision could have solid and intangible parts too!

The Vision is probably more iconically used in Kree/Skrull War though. I mean, we've that whole Ant-Man going inside his body bit, "Three Cows Shot Me Down", etc.

And please not ANOTHER Iron Man of an armor we already have loads of! (and most of that Avengers/Defenders Wave is a snoozefest - at least give us Namor or Hawkeye or Black Panther who could probably be improved upon rather than characters like Loki or Iron Man who already have pretty great iterations of those exact costumes... they might be big names, but they can easily be subbed for something like Hulk or Black Panther... I'd even say Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer are almost needless...). It almost seems like you're proposing a wave just to get Swordsman and Mantis :p.

Edited by AFMcGill