UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I've always wanted a chrome Silver Surfer. 

Now I want a black chrome Surfer.

I had intended to follow up your post with a witty (?) ............... "& a black chrome tiger "  ..........but it seems that Call of Duty have that covered.

I would prefer a flat black chrome Surfer .

-buttheadsmatt 

Just got my full set in from Luke & loving them especially CGR. Kinda wish the dome & head flame were a little more transparent than slightly frosted like they are but still looks amazing. I'm hoping we get the head flame sculpt in the same color as his chain at some point to give Dormammu a better flame upgrade. 

13 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

I'm hoping we get the head flame sculpt in the same color as his chain at some point to give Dormammu a better flame upgrade. 

It's the same piece the Walgreens Ghost Rider has and it's more transparent. 

39 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

It's the same piece the Walgreens Ghost Rider has and it's more transparent. 

I thought about that since I actually bought multiples of the sets with 1MB.C.GR & the animated GR for parts but they still seem a bit off to my eye for some reason.

I did use a spare BC flame along with other parts mixes from various mates to make a classic Ketch GR & really hope we get it in colors other than just yellow & the one time blue for more custom options. It is great for upgrading older figs flames or adding extra wham to fire types.

Also I noticed when I opened all my sets that Darkhawk's lower arms are very loose on mine. Hopefully it is a one off thing & others fair better but just a heads up for folks.

Edited by HellfireSamurai

I'm glad this was a wave with designs/parts I liked since I now own 2 sets. Went back to my LCS today for books & found out he had these in now. I felt guilty like I had betrayed the sop fornordering onlibe so I guilt bought another set to feel like I maintained my loyalty to my LCS. ?

After that he still had 3 full sets left so if anyone wants them & can't find them or Luke's shop runs out; lets me know & I'll go back & snag them to help someone out.

7 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Darkhawk is a beaut and I’m looking forward to kitbashing a classic Moondragon!

I’m just sorry for the Diamond employees. ?

what do you mean with the last part, that you are sorry?

On 6/17/2020 at 1:01 PM, Mystery Man said:

Darkhawk is a beaut and I’m looking forward to kitbashing a classic Moondragon!

I’m just sorry for the Diamond employees. ?

Is this in reference to DC’s eff you or something new?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the Quill/Warlock pack today, and their faces are really a highlight, there's a lot of personality in them for each character. I don't like the look of the hair on the movie Star-Lord mask, so I'm probably going to move this figure's mask to the movie version, even though the hair is substantially lighter.

Moondragon's head in my set has a stray blob of paint over her lip, but from a distance it's easy to ignore. The hairpiece hole for a bald character is annoying, though. I'm still deciding whether or not I'll go back for the other two sets to complete Moondragon, since it's not the classic Avengers version.

Peg holes on bald or non slip on masked characters is one of my personal bugbears. Its not been that bad for a good few waves but when it happens it makes me seethe!

I've not got around to ordering the latest wave So Moondragon had slipped my mind but a quick imige serch an yep head hole. ??

• 1 month later...

Just opened my Darkhawk/Gamora pack and one of the clear stands had the smaller peg hole for the more narrow footed characters. You know, the stand the should have come with the promo Battle Beasts bat or Easter bunny . Anyone else get this?

23 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Just opened my Darkhawk/Gamora pack and one of the clear stands had the smaller peg hole for the more narrow footed characters. You know, the stand the should have come with the promo Battle Beasts bat or Easter bunny . Anyone else get this?

Not in mine 

I'll admit to getting repeated use out of the amount of lube that came out of Quill's helmet and leave it at that.

DST may need to change its marketing strategy. I know a search for "minimates" in the Walgreens.com search engine once lead to personal massagers. 

23 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'll admit to getting repeated use out of the amount of lube that came out of Quill's helmet and leave it at that.

DST may need to change its marketing strategy. I know a search for "minimates" in the Walgreens.com search engine once lead to personal massagers. 

Well those could be considered mini & could be used during mating.....

Edited by HellfireSamurai