UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I just got word from my Diamond rep - Series 79 is NOT cancelled. They had to change item codes due to an internal code error, so the old code shows up on the cancellation list. But it has a new code and is on track for production!

Thank you! 

Most of the DST items on that list are not cancelled, if anyone wants to re-assess their thoughts about DST's future and/or line-planning. We do cancel items occasionally, but many of those are key releases for us, including Series 79. One of them is pre-sold out!

And I really don't understand the hate on this series. Yes, we've made Angela, yes we've made Walock, but Gamora and Star-Lord are major, anchor characters, and the rest are unmade characters who were players in three different eras of Marvel history. And they've all been Guardians, so it's not really a hodgepodge.

But everyone has opinions, and I respect them all, so I hope it does great for retailers, including Luke.

Not all of us are complaining Zach, some of us are glad we are getting this characters and costumes. 

I have been waiting for a Moondragon for a longtime, everyone else is welcome to the collection as well. 

Edited by Carlos_

@DSTZach and everyone.  Sorry if my initial question and post about this caused any unwanted drama.  When I posted this, asking, I honestly just wanted it confirmed if it was cancelled or not because I felt it had to be a mistake but wasn't sure.  My local comic shop (only orders them if I purchase a case and pay in advance) refunded me for a cancelled item without telling me what it was or why. So I checked the cancellations because I was curious what got cancelled.  It wasn't to complain about how Diamond Select does business or  minimates or the characters in the wave. Minimates are the only toyline that I collect religiously. I'm generally always pleased with what's planned and  offered. I order several multiples because I like having back-ups. I have this set on order from Luke and  my LCS. I try to support this product as best I can because I'd like to see more minimates making their way out to the world.  I'm actually looking forward to series 79 more than I was series 78, but again, sorry.  I didn't mean to stir anything up.

I'm beginning to see why pre-orders for previously cancelled product might have been so low. Or at least perceived by DST as low.

No worries, Augie. If DST didn't want people thinking a product was canceled, they shouldn't be adding it to a list they publish as "orderforms/JAN20_Cancel.txt".

What's troubling is that you got a refund and were led to believe by a retailer that the product was canceled. I have to wonder how many other times an internal error has led to a product with plenty of preorders being perceived as canceled leading to a stop in production. Is this what happened with Ghost Rider? Classic TMNT? Bruce Lee?

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'm beginning to see why pre-orders for previously cancelled product might have been so low. Or at least perceived by DST as low.

No worries, Augie. If DST didn't want people thinking a product was canceled, they shouldn't be adding it to a list they publish as "orderforms/JAN20_Cancel.txt".

What's troubling is that you got a refund and were led to believe by a retailer that the product was canceled. I have to wonder how many other times an internal error has led to a product with plenty of preorders being perceived as canceled leading to a stop in production. Is this what happened with Ghost Rider? Classic TMNT? Bruce Lee?

I'm still hurting over those 80s TMNT?

My only complaint with this wave is Angela and that's only because her previous Mate is only a few years old and she hasn't had any major redesign since that release. Otherwise, I'm happy with this wave and I'm very glad it isn't actually cancelled.

5 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

My only complaint with this wave is Angela and that's only because her previous Mate is only a few years old and she hasn't had any major redesign since that release. Otherwise, I'm happy with this wave and I'm very glad it isn't actually cancelled.

I'll buy her off you when these come out. 

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Did we actually establish that that's the item Augie got refunded for? He wasn't clear about that. 

Edited by DSTZach

Really happy with every character in this wave. My AoU Angela came broken out of box so I'm glad to have another shot at her. Really wish I could pre-order reliably here in Canada from local stores and online sites, though. I usually wait until it's in stock at Luke's or when I go to NYC, which is usually only once a year or so. 

@DSTzach The refund was for this wave. I went in to talk to the shop owner today about it.  I got the refund because one of the employees noticed them on the cancellation list and processed it.  They added them back to my pull list but wasn't happy with my conversation today and will probably only be buying my minimates from Luke in the future.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:54 PM, DSTZach said:

Most of the DST items on that list are not cancelled, if anyone wants to re-assess their thoughts about DST's future and/or line-planning. We do cancel items occasionally, but many of those are key releases for us, including Series 79.

So what happened with John Wick?  Did it get cancelled?  Did someone forget to tell the factory to press the start button?

On 1/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, DSTZach said:

And I really don't understand the hate on this series.

I certainly don't hate the series - I actually ordered an extra Darkhawk pack because my friend will lose his mind when he sees it.  That being said the line-up feels kind of hodgepodge after the X-Factor wave and how Marvel Legends has been working on completing teams of an era lately.  Yes, they were all Guardians, but not at the same time and they're not really completing a lingering line-up.  We're super-close to completing both the Liefeld and Capullo X-Force costumes - but not quite - and that's been going on for years.  I know it can serve to keep interest in a line by holding back, but that strategy has fizzled so many times for collectors of various lines that a rapid completion like the X-Factor wave brings back a spark of joy.