UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

Damn. NM was the film I've been looking forward to the most for some time. 
I didn't hold out much hope for Dark Phoenix, but NM looked like it had real potential.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Angela Mate still doesn't make sense to me. I would've much rather have seen Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, or current Groot with a few little Groots as accessories.

14 hours ago, kidcage said:

Now just feel a serious need of Deathlok and Sleepwalker.

You and me both, brother!  Here's hoping the line lasts long enough until that bonkers Dr. Strange sequel comes out and we get a trippy supernatural wave with Nightmare, Sleepwalker, and a new Man-Thing.

9 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

You and me both, brother!  Here's hoping the line lasts long enough until that bonkers Dr. Strange sequel comes out and we get a trippy supernatural wave with Nightmare, Sleepwalker, and a new Man-Thing.

I'd love to get some more of the supernatural kind of things.  I got lucky at a convention one year and picked up that Strange Tales Boxset for $20, right around the time I started diving more into Minimates (about 3 years ago) and found the animated Man-Thing when it hit.  Nightmare, Sleepwalker, a nice Tomb of Dracula version of Drac… heck I'll take some 90s Midnight Sons stuff too.

But more at hand with 79, I'll be glad to pick up Angela as well as I did thoroughly enjoy "Asgardians of the Galaxy" and wish we'd have a chance at both a Kevin-as-Thunderstrike and Throg minimate someday.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Supernatural Marvel's not really my thing, but I would like another chance to get a classic Doctor Strange. Modern Doctor Voodoo would be great too.

This wave's lineup still doesn't make sense, but I'm excited for Star-Lord and especially Moondragon. I just wish she wasn't the BaF.

It makes sense if you're reading the current Guardians run!

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Has Angela shown up, or Gamora in this costume?

I can understand the rest of them, but those two seem out of place, especially since there's no Groot, Beta Ray Bill, or Phyla-Vell.

Angela, no. Gamera just came back but I don't remember her costume. The rest of them are accurate though! I'm all for this Gamora, but I would've much rather gotten current Groot or Beta Ray Bill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, HellfireSamurai said:

These need to hit pronto. So looking forward to snagging a couple of that Cosmic Ghost Rider. 

I believe some time in winter 2020. I have just been exposed to Cosmic GhostRider but I do think he would have been a better build a figure choice than Moondragon. I don’t think she is exciting enough to collect them all for casual collectors especially without a head version with the infinity gem. 

41 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Winter of 2020!? Wave 79 wouldn't be for another year plus!?

I think Winter 2020 means 3-5 months from now. Winter goes from December 21 2019 -March 19 2020, so the vast majority of Winter 2020 is in January-March. At least I hope. 

42 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I think Winter 2020 means 3-5 months from now. Winter goes from December 21 2019 -March 19 2020, so the vast majority of Winter 2020 is in January-March. At least I hope. 

Winner winner chicken dinner.

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I believe some time in winter 2020. I have just been exposed to Cosmic GhostRider but I do think he would have been a better build a figure choice than Moondragon. I don’t think she is exciting enough to collect them all for casual collectors especially without a head version with the infinity gem. 

While I'm glad he isn't the build-a-figure; I do agree that it would have helped push the wave more if he was. I doubt that even I will buy any other packs from this wave just because I find the other characters visually to be meh. If it wasn't for CGR I probably wouldn't be getting any from this wave. 

31 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I think Angela is the only figure I want from this wave. I wouldn't be mad if she was packed with ghost rider, but I'm not going out of my way to get him because I know next to nothing about him. Who is the blonde guy? Warlock? Magus? 

Star Lord/Adam Warlock

Cosmic Ghost Rider/Angela

Gamora/Darkhawk

& BAF Moondragon

Those are the pairings Zach said earlier so looks like you'll end up with CGR.  As for CGR's mate, I want multiples so I can keep one as is & then more for custom parts. The shoulders would work for a more aggressive looking Agent Venom & obviously the trans-chain & fire could upgrade a GR mate & depending on the color I wouldn't mind giving Dormammu some new flames.

Since I'm really happy to be getting Darkhawk, and I like Angela from the "Asgardians of the Galaxy" series, I'll get those two packs.  And might as well at that point throw in the other one so I can get Moondragon to put her with my Defenders display.  (Need Valkyrie though!)

But I'm really pumped for Darkhawk.