UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I don't, really. Her and Gamora seem weirdly out of place here, especially Angela.

Gamora will never seem out of place. If it's a character in a movie, they'll sell. Angela was the star of the recent Asgardians of the Galaxy series, which was well received, and a notable player in the War of the Realms story that just wrapped. It makes sense for her to be in a comic book store's assortment.

4 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Gamora will never seem out of place. If it's a character in a movie, they'll sell. Angela was the star of the recent Asgardians of the Galaxy series, which was well received, and a notable player in the War of the Realms story that just wrapped. It makes sense for her to be in a comic book store's assortment.

Groot's also in the movies, though, and he got left out despite actually being a part of what this wave seems to be based on. And there aren't any other Asgardians of the Galaxy here, but there are missing Guardians.

I don't mind the lineup we're getting (although I would have preferred a few more comic versions of the movie team and a Gladiator), but it seems kind of arbitrary.

I'm still very excited for Moondragon, even if she'll be harder to get.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

And there aren't any other Asgardians of the Galaxy here, but there are missing Guardians.

Incomplete teams are DST’s speciality! ?

I’m happy to see a cosmic wave, just concerned about going from four 2-packs to three. So long as the retailers are happy and we keep the Build-a-‘mates, I’m good. 

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I’m  happy to see a cosmic wave, just concerned about going from four 2-packs to three. So long as the retailers are happy and we keep the Build-a-‘mates, I’m good. 

Look I’m always going to be salty when there is any Guardians anything and *my* Guardians aren’t in it (Jim V’s run). As for the three pack it has to be a business decision as I am assuming it is true for DST as it is for Hasbro/Mattel that costs have gone up from tariffs to more and dropping a set of figures would help alleviate that. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, thereasonsy said:

Look I’m always going to be salty when there is any Guardians anything and *my* Guardians aren’t in it (Jim V’s run). As for the three pack it has to be a business decision as I am assuming it is true for DST as it is for Hasbro/Mattel that costs have gone up from tariffs to more and dropping a set of figures would help alleviate that. 

Didn’t the cost of a two-pack go up to $10 too though?

30 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

Didn’t the cost of a two-pack go up to $10 too though?

Not sure but even that increase may be needed to turn a profit. At the end of the day DST does do as much fan service as it can but it does need to turn a profit. Again, I don’t work for them but just seeing the industry trends makes it seem like the move to less assortments is a cost cutting measure.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:58 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Groot's also in the movies, though, and he got left out despite actually being a part of what this wave seems to be based on. And there aren't any other Asgardians of the Galaxy here, but there are missing Guardians.

I don't mind the lineup we're getting (although I would have preferred a few more comic versions of the movie team and a Gladiator), but it seems kind of arbitrary.

Arbitrary lineups is kind of DST's thing. I suspect a lot of it comes down to who they could do a halfway decent job of with existing parts. Most of the logic for the lineup is just working backwards from there.

12 hours ago, stack32 said:

Arbitrary lineups is kind of DST's thing. I suspect a lot of it comes down to who they could do a halfway decent job of with existing parts. Most of the logic for the lineup is just working backwards from there.

Although I'm not really interested in the character, I've got to say, DST is doing way more than a half-way decent job on Cosmic Ghostrider.  That I think will end up being a damn cool Minimate.

27 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I like this wave, but the discussion about it being a supernatural wave really got my hopes up. Maybe some day... 

With the shows and the New Mutants Horror movie next year I would imagine we would be going in that direction hopefully soon.

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

With the shows and the New Mutants Horror movie next year I would imagine we would be going in that direction hopefully soon.

New Mutants is definitely not coming out anymore.

6 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

New Mutants is definitely not coming out anymore.

That movie will come out but it will be a burner. It’s either going on Hulu or a limited release but it will come out... even with the poor performance of Dark Phoenix.

6 hours ago, Heinous said:

I seriously doubt it, it's not a Disney movie. They said Hulu is most likely if it doesn't go to theaters 

Yeah, at media day they said they wanted to keep Disney+ pg13 so Hulu would be the distribution point. I still think it will be in theatre though. Who knows maybe straight to dvod.