UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

11 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I meant not classic Annihilation Wave like everyone seems to be pinning for. Bendis what was in my mind, though. F***ing Bendis. 

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? Hey, here's a bunch of mates you have been wanting made for years... in their worst possible incarnation and the worst version of all the characters from the worst recent comic story they've been in... Enjoy!

Annihilation, Conquest, Realm of Kings, and the like drew me back into comics after an over10 year absence. If these mates aren't from those stories, and it's the Bendis versions (which made me quit reading GotG)? I don't want them, and won't buy them. That's how strong my dislike of his run on that book is.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants?

Absolutely. If it is "modern" (at one point I considered Abnett/Lanning modern), I really hope they had enough time to make designs based off of Cates' run, but then again, I can't remember the last time Marvel minimates were released that were in an ongoing comic, especially one that is only 6 issues in...

Edited by OvenproofBug6

When DST made Marvel Select GotG figures they used what I think would qualify as Bendis-era costumes (I loathe Bendis so much I tried to ignore this run) and they've made a few characters that would fit in with this team: Venom, Angela, Iron Man. That said I definitely agree with the sentiment that if it's not the 2008 team I'm not interested, excluding the current team because I'm sure there hasn't been time to get those designs ready.

4 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Absolutely. If it is "modern" (at one point I considered Abnett/Lanning modern), I really hope they had enough time to make designs based off of Cates' run, but then again, I can't remember the last time Marvel minimates were released that were in an ongoing comic, especially one that is only 6 issues in...

BC Avengers? 

I think (and hope) we’re getting a supernatural wave. It would line up with the Ghost Rider Hulu stuff and Dr. Strange 2 hype.

Magik, Dormammu or Mephisto could be the second version in 10 years.

Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider could use redos.

Loki could also use a redo.

That just leaves the new characters. Daimon Hellstrom, Brother Voodoo, Vengeance, Blackheart, etc.

My fingers are crossed for:

modern Dr. Strange/modern Loki

modern Magik/Daimon Hellstrom

Ghost Rider/Brother Voodoo

BAF Blackheart

11 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

My fingers are crossed for:

modern Dr. Strange/modern Loki

modern Magik/Daimon Hellstrom

Ghost Rider/Brother Voodoo

BAF Blackheart

I’m only mad at this because I want my Vance. Although I don’t remember when they announced the shows if they announced an on air date. Also it would need a Satana with her new name for the show so sadly Magik would lose out.  Maybe this is wave 80!

AGH!  DARKHAWK IS WHAT I'M HERE FOR!

Super stoked for the whole wave. What a great mix of deep fan cuts (I'm looking at you, Moondragon) with some new hotness and fun costumes.  This is exactly the kind of comic wave I like: loosely related with something for everyone.  Or most people at least.

Great job, DST.  Here's hoping it's the start of a new era!

11 minutes ago, Mystery Man said:

Yay for Darkhawk!! Wonder how I can kitbash that Moondragon into a classic one?

The hardest part is the green cleavage chest. You could try Polaris which is popular or if the exposure isn’t that big of a deal Marvel girl or Viper *could* work.

I'm loving this wave. Star-Lord, Gamora, Cosmic Ghost Rider, and Adam Warlock look great! However, Angela is a weird choice because it looks identical to the previous release but with a different belt piece. Darkhawk looks cool but I'm not familiar with the character and Moon Dragon is whatever. Not familiar with her either. But everyone else seems pretty stoked for her so I'm glad she's being made.