UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

On 7/10/2019 at 7:05 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Walgreens & TRU waves have featured 3 2-packs many times whilst  the 'variant' pack in the LCS waves seems to have almost become history .......3 packs to a wave is IMHO better than no wave.

Basically they just replaced the variant figure with the build a figure. Which they probably should have done years ago.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Operation Galactic Storm is a great guess; I can think of three characters off the top of my head (Quasar, Sersi, and Crystal) that have never been made, and several redos (most notably Hercules) that would be welcome. Under Siege is another good guess, and there's plenty of never-made villains in that story (plus, again, Herc) that would make people happy.

I’d happily go with Operation Galactic Storm as it could give us Quasar, Gladiator, Lilandra, Death Bird, Binary, MockingBird, Hercules, Vision, Crystal, Sersi, US Agent, Wonderman and even Hawkeye as Goliath. 

Edited by thereasonsy

I can't make it fit New Warriors either, I know a couple of us have requested them...

Three new characters (my wave is 4)- Night Thrasher, Namorita, Rage, Marvel Boy/Justice

Four Redos (I only come up with 3) - Firestar, Speedball (Penance), Nova

Otherwise I'm going with a 90's character wave

Three new characters - Darkhawk, Speedball, Death's Head (I or II)

Four redos - ???

I would love for it to be Operation: Galactic Storm (there's so many great figures to be made), but I can't see it fitting in Zach's clues...

On 7/9/2019 at 9:19 PM, DSTZach said:

three new characters

Easy. Any mix between Quasar, Lilandra, Crystal, Gladiator, Sersi. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:19 PM, DSTZach said:

two highly requested re-dos and two other redos, one long overdue (only the second version in 10 years) and the other made only once but more recently.

Hercules fits the last 10 years description. That Champions set was released in 2009. 90s style Black Knight I can see as the other re-do done more recently. But who would the other two "highly requested" re-dos be? I can't see a Galactic Storm assortment without Captain America (it is essentially a Captain America story) and he definitely isn't due for a redo. Who else is a highly requested re-do? Vision? I've certainly heard cries for a classic Vision, but not the pale, unfeeling Vision present in this story. I haven't seen a lot of outcry for Wonder Man and he's the only guy after Vision I could fathom being a highly requested re-do. 

I would love to have an assortment based off of Operation: Galactic Storm, but I just don't see it fitting in with the clues. Especially without a Captain America. 

On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, OvenproofBug6 said:

So my theme guesses would be Operation Galactic Storm or Abnett/Lanning Guardians

Either of these sound great! I always want X-themed waves but both those check enough boxes of the other stuff I collect that I'd be pleased. A few X-related characters mixed with other cool versions of mates we have.

6 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Hercules fits the last 10 years description. That Champions set was released in 2009. 90s style Black Knight I can see as the other re-do done more recently. But who would the other two "highly requested" re-dos be? I can't see a Galactic Storm assortment without Captain America (it is essentially a Captain America story) and he definitely isn't due for a redo. Who else is a highly requested re-do?

Based off the clues I think USAgent is the “Captain America”. Is a fairly popular ask for a re-do and along with Wonderman or Spider Woman could fit the “highly requested” redos clues and the storyline. If it’s Operation Galactic Storm I’d say something like:

USAgent - Crystal

Wonderman - Mockingbird

Black Knight - Hercules

BaF - Quasar or Lilandra

Edited by Chigarillo

I'll modify my "highly requested re-dos" to "re-dos of characters that people have been asking for a re-do, even if they're not the exact costumes". Lots of movie versions, few comic versions.

and the theme had been discussed in this thread before I showed up. Not Spider-Man.

25 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I'll modify my "highly requested re-dos" to "re-dos of characters that people have been asking for a re-do, even if they're not the exact costumes". Lots of movie versions, few comic versions.

and the theme had been discussed in this thread before I showed up. Not Spider-Man.

Sounds like the Guardians of the Galaxy (maybe via an Annihilation theme) to me. That would be cool.

58 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Sounds like the Guardians of the Galaxy (maybe via an Annihilation theme) to me. That would be cool.

Yeah I just can't get the maths right though. Redo's that are requested would be a comic Peter, Yondo, Gamora, Mantis, Drax and Warlock which could all be in the Annihilation story (or close enough) mixed with people like DarkHawk, Quasar, Lilandra and maybe finally my Vance Astro.

Edited by thereasonsy

17 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Ya, comic Guardians make the most sense to me. 

...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was modern comic Guardians.

Modern as in Abnett/Lanning? Bendis? Cates? Cates seems unlikely since that series just started this year, though it has some very enticing unmade characters

40 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Modern as in Abnett/Lanning? Bendis? Cates? Cates seems unlikely since that series just started this year, though it has some very enticing unmade characters

I meant not classic Annihilation Wave like everyone seems to be pinning for. Bendis what was in my mind, though. F***ing Bendis. 

It could be more broadly cosmic Marvel, meaning that it wouldn't be limited to just the Guardians (though I imagine Star-Lord is a lock). In that case you could get Quasar, Nova, Gladiator, Mar-Vell, Adam Warlock, Monark Starstalker... lots of possibilities.

32 minutes ago, hellpop said:

It could be more broadly cosmic Marvel, meaning that it wouldn't be limited to just the Guardians (though I imagine Star-Lord is a lock). In that case you could get Quasar, Nova, Gladiator, Mar-Vell, Adam Warlock, Monark Starstalker... lots of possibilities.

I hope you are right but I have a feeling we will see GOTG Thing and Star Lord. As long as I get my Vance I will be ok. - as long as he isn’t the build a figure because that will totally piss me off. 

9 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I meant not classic Annihilation Wave like everyone seems to be pinning for. Bendis what was in my mind, though. F***ing Bendis. 

The only redeeming thing about a Bendis wave would be Kitty Pryde w/ Star Lord costume, which could easily be a highly requested character that isn't the costume people have been asking for