Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Genis Marvel. 

Yes yes please yes. He recently got a Marvel Legends figure so even though the character has been utterly buried by Marvel, him getting a Minimate isn't wholy out of question at least.

In fact, most the guys you listed recently got Marvel Legends figures...

We definitely need a comic-based Cosmic wave - I am flabbergasted we have never had a comic-based Star-Lord - but sadly I can see us just getting the current versions of the movie characters which themselves are uninspired riffs on their movie versions which we've already got figures for. 

Maybe something like the upcoming X-Factor wave where we have a modern Guardian with an old Guardian - like Star-Lord and Major Victory or Drax and Yondu or Mantis and Starhawk, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 3:32 AM, AFMcGill said:

Yes yes please yes. He recently got a Marvel Legends figure so even though the character has been utterly buried by Marvel, him getting a Minimate isn't wholy out of question at least.

In fact, most the guys you listed recently got Marvel Legends figures...

We definitely need a comic-based Cosmic wave - I am flabbergasted we have never had a comic-based Star-Lord - but sadly I can see us just getting the current versions of the movie characters which themselves are uninspired riffs on their movie versions which we've already got figures for. 

Maybe something like the upcoming X-Factor wave where we have a modern Guardian with an old Guardian - like Star-Lord and Major Victory or Drax and Yondu or Mantis and Starhawk, etc.

I'm totally down for this idea.  It's genius.

79 is a theme everyone has been asking for, including here.

Three two-packs and a BAF, three new characters, two highly requested re-dos and two other redos, one long overdue (only the second version in 10 years) and the other made only once but more recently.

I am a crazy person.  I just spent the last hour or so casually flipping through the database (hail Ivan) looking for who could fit those clues.  

Best I came up with in the "It's been ten years and they've only been made once and long overdue for a redo" category is: Hercules, Sunspot, Photon, USAgent, and Mephisto.

And the best I came up with in the "Only one but more recently" category is: Ms. Marvel, The Jackal, Sersi, and Man Thing.

My best guess for a themed wave - based on what we know about upcoming Marvel shows/movies, weird rights issues, and all that gobblygook - would be either a Supernatural Wave (what with the Ghost Rider and Hellstorm shows upcoming) including a Mephisto and Man Thing OR maybe a Galactic Storm Avengers Wave including a Hercules and like, a Sersi.

I'm more inclined to believe the former than the latter, but really, who knows.  I'm in for whatever it is.

Just now, NerdyTrev said:

When did we get a first Sersi???

Oh!  You know, I'm thinking of that Walgreens Enchantress that people were turning into a classic Sersi.  Total brain fart.  Thank you.

Replace that non-existent Sersi with a comic accurate Dr. Minerva.

6 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

Walgreens & TRU waves have featured 3 2-packs many times whilst  the 'variant' pack in the LCS waves seems to have almost become history .......3 packs to a wave is IMHO better than no wave.

Agreed. I'll take 3 packs and the BaM over nothing at all! If cutting back by one pack helps keep the line alive, I'll accept it.

I don't think anyone would argue for four packs or nothing but it's not a positive development, especially if the build-a-minimate is going to reduce accessories even more or increase the price (though a price increase might be worthwhile compared to the alternatives).

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

79 is a theme everyone has been asking for, including here.

Three two-packs and a BAF, three new characters, two highly requested re-dos and two other redos, one long overdue (only the second version in 10 years) and the other made only once but more recently.

I want to say Inhumans, but the numbers don't add up.

We would need 4 new characters to complete the Royal Family: Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, and Crystal

Black Bolt is definitely eligible - Redo #1

Lockjaw was released in 2010 - Redo #2

Medusa was made recently as an Animated figure only - Redo #3

This lineup is 90% there, maybe Zach is mistaken in thinking one of the unmade characters was previously released?

Edited by youbastards

I'm sure three two packs isn't a good sign, but I can't say I really mind. With the BaF it's the same number of figures as an old wave with a variant, and with less purchases to complete it. This'll probably impact accessories even more than before, though.

There's not much to go on for the contents of the wave, but it's nice to have hints for upcoming releases again. It feels like it's been a while.

Almost every Marvel character has been requested by multiple people here so I’ve got no idea what the wave could be. I’d like a break from spidey/X-men for awhile. 

If 3 packs per wave means a move to more smaller waves per yr then that’s good in my opinion but if it’s still just 3-4 waves per yr, no comic box sets, etc I can’t see it as anything but bad. 

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

4 members on the forum repeatedly saying they want more Inhumans mates?

No ill intent here, I just don't see Inhumans as a high likelihood for a wave theme; they just don't have the brand identity to anchor a wave like the Avengers, Spider-Man or even the Guardians. And considering the struggles 'mates have had at retail as of late, and perhaps that struggle appearing in the form of having less packs in a wave, I see DST playing it safe with themes & characters focused around the above properties, along with the X-Men (even if I'd rather them explore more unmade characters and teams)

Plus DST has already made 3 of the most important players in the royal family. I think best case for seeing more Inhumans at this point would be getting Crystal and maybe a comics Medusa as part of an Avengers wave.

50 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Almost every Marvel character has been requested by multiple people here so I’ve got no idea what the wave could be. I’d like a break from spidey/X-men for awhile.

I mean...I never mind more X-Men, but I definitely see where you're coming from. If they announce the 3rd Spidey wave in the last 4 waves I'd be scratching my head. I agree, there have been so many Marvel comics characters/teams/storylines requested that it's hard to straighten out what it might be.

53 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

If 3 packs per wave means a move to more smaller waves per yr then that’s good in my opinion but if it’s still just 3-4 waves per yr, no comic box sets, etc I can’t see it as anything but bad. 

I'm going to echo the sentiment that 3 packs per wave is better than no waves at all. Obviously, we're not sure why there are only 3 in this wave; it could be an attempt to cut costs on tight budget constraint, or it simply could have made sense with the character lineup, who knows? Only the brains behind the operation, but as long as we're still getting marvel comics 'mates, I'll be happy.

I think it’s a reality of doing business when you are in the middle of a trade war and you lost a part of your distribution plan. I also think it may make the wave more palatable to LCS.

That all being said I think it’s FF/Cosmic related.

10 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Almost every Marvel character has been requested by multiple people here so I’ve got no idea what the wave could be.

Not to mention Zach's definition of highly requested can be a bit... flexible.

Operation Galactic Storm is a great guess; I can think of three characters off the top of my head (Quasar, Sersi, and Crystal) that have never been made, and several redos (most notably Hercules) that would be welcome. Under Siege is another good guess, and there's plenty of never-made villains in that story (plus, again, Herc) that would make people happy.