UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

12 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

So... Anymore guesses?

Well - if you insist. We're coming up on the 25th anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse.  My guess is we'll see some of the remaining heavy hitters & villains fill out a wave:
Colossus & Shadowcat
Storm & Iceman
Nightcrawler & Abyss
X-Man & Bishop
Sugarman BAF

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Nessex said:

Well - if you insist. We're coming up on the 25th anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse.  My guess is we'll see some of the remaining heavy hitters & villains fill out a wave:
Colossus & Shadowcat
Storm & Iceman
Nightcrawler & Abyss
X-Man & Bishop
Sugarman BAF

Oh now you have torn me, as much as I need more AoA x-men in my life I might want them to complete the actual other x-men squad which would be (from memory no less)

Iceman

Storm

Exodius

Dazzler

Banshee

Quicksilver

Of course the reality of it being this long between drinks AoA wise what we would probably get would be

Apocalypse

Magneto

Wolverine

Jean

Cyclops

Then if we are really lucky maybe Nightcrawler, Colossus and X-man

On 4/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, MisterPL said:

It's gotta be tiger-themed. Everyone loves tigers.

Shang-Chi has a tiger, right?

Comics and wrestling crossover... all tiger themed. No actual tigers... :)

White Tiger - Tiger Shark

Bronze Tiger - Extreme Tiger

Midnight Tiger - Tigers Mask

Black Tiger - Tigermask

On 4/4/2019 at 7:08 PM, Polarboy said:

Oh now you have torn me, as much as I need more AoA x-men in my life I might want them to complete the actual other x-men squad which would be (from memory no less)

Iceman
Storm
Exodius
Dazzler
Banshee
Quicksilver

If we're gonna finish off a team... I still want Wildchild to finish off Rogue's west coast team.

4 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I forgot about wild child, though I suppose he was more of an accessory in a way

On this the month Alpha Turns 40! How Rude ;) . I think if we are getting an AOA Anniversary wave I may flip a table over the other important anniversaries being ignored (Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X-Tintion Agenda, X-Ecutioner's Song, The Massacre, Fatal Attractions) and the biggest sin Bloodties (turned 25  last year) which would have been a great time for an X-Men Avengers Crossover Wave.

Magneto / Crystal

Black Widow Grey / Bunny Wolverine

White Vision with phasing parts / Acolyte army builder

Hercules / Iceman with AOA Parts

Build a figure of: Exodus  and 3 boxes have to come with Avengers Jackets ;)

I very seriously doubt we're getting AoA minimates. Pretty sure DST is done with that story line.
Was just wish listing something with almost zero chance of being made like a lot of other folks.

To clarify Wildchild was very much his own character in Alpha Flight and X-Factor (The College years) and what ever 15 issue piece of poop he may have been in recently. But if memory serves in AoA wasn't he pretty much mute and just a thing Sabretooth threw at enemies from time to time.

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

To clarify Wildchild was very much his own character in Alpha Flight and X-Factor (The College years) and what ever 15 issue piece of poop he may have been in recently. But if memory serves in AoA wasn't he pretty much mute and just a thing Sabretooth threw at enemies from time to time.

Last I saw wild child, he died in wolverine’s fight with Romulous as a bad guy, Also you are correct, they treated him like a dog in AOA.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Amen. Didn’t they make a marvel universe sized one or am I dreaming?

There is. It was paired with a Howard the Duck figure IIRC.

I can't remember who but someone on here made a great custom out of a repainted Wolfrat from the Thundercats box set. It required shaving down and reshaping the head though.

Edited by Chigarillo

23 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

Uhhh... what is "Bunny Wolverine"?

Bunny Wolverine is the nickname the webs gave Wolvie after Magneto ripped out his metal and he lost his nose.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/angel-vs-bone-claw-wolverine-1505555/?page=1 

I've been reading comics for 25 years and I've never heard anyone refer to that version of Wolverine as 'bunny wolverine'.  Pirate Wolverine, sure.  "Noseless", yes.

That said, I would love to have that weird-ass version of Logan in my collection.  That as him as Death.

12 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Bunny Wolverine is the nickname the webs gave Wolvie after Magneto ripped out his metal and he lost his nose.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/angel-vs-bone-claw-wolverine-1505555/?page=1 

I always thought that was feral Wolverine. I thought bunny Wolverine was when Quentin Quire got into Wolverines mind and made him believe he was a scared lil girl.

Wish I could say I coined it but honestly not that creative. It was rampant on AOL message boards and I think it was even in wizard. It’s been over 20 years now but it was a thing similar to HEAT and the ToyBiz  Brotherhood.

Definitely never heard ole noseless called "bunny Wolverine."

Also, not sure why he'd be in Bloodties. Magneto ripped out the adamantium in Fatal Attractions, but Wolverine didn't go feral until Genesis tried to rebond the adamantium to him. When he resisted,his body actively purged the metal, causing THIS transformation. That was well after Bloodties. Post-AoA even... I think.

4 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Definitely never heard ole noseless called "bunny Wolverine."

Also, not sure why he'd be in Bloodties. Magneto ripped out the adamantium in Fatal Attractions, but Wolverine didn't go feral until Genesis tried to rebond the adamantium to him. When he resisted,his body actively purged the metal, causing THIS transformation. That was well after Bloodties. Post-AoA even... I think.

Yes, but If I have to have a Wolverine figure I’d want one I didn’t have instead of version x of him in y costume.