Dave

Avengers: Thanos War
Captain Marvel / Swordsman
Adam Warlock / Thanos
Black Panther / Moondragon
Drax / Mantis
BAF: Death

There I fixed it for you ?

Captain Marvel, have a hair piece to offer both blonde and white hair. Swordsman needs a sword. Adam Warlock would be his classic 70s costume (the Jim Starlin one). Thanos can be an update on Classic Thanos and include a Cosmic cube accessory. Black Panther, I'd say include a cape option a bit like the original mate (maybe a more classic cape though?). Moondragon can get away with no accessories. Drax can have  big pieces to bulk him up (even though it's inaccurate to the story) and with Mantis maybe have some alt karate chop hands. And I cut poor Starfox from the wave.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

And please not ANOTHER Iron Man of an armor we already have loads of! (and most of that Avengers/Defenders Wave is a snoozefest - at least give us Namor or Hawkeye or Black Panther who could probably be improved upon rather than characters like Loki or Iron Man who already have pretty great iterations of those exact costumes... they might be big names, but they can easily be subbed for something like Hulk or Black Panther... I'd even say Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer are almost needless...). It almost seems like you're proposing a wave just to get Swordsman and Mantis :p.

Okay, Black Panther and Doctor Strange. Done.

We've never gotten a Defenders version of Strange with the all blue suit and no gloves. Plus, the last comic Strange we got was over five years ago. Don't even get me started on classic Loki. The first one hasn't aged well, but at all, and the Best Of one does not fit the look. His helmet is all wrong and the face is too maniacal. Also, you posing to do Avengers/Defenders War without Loki is like me posing to do the Kree/Skrull War without Rick Jones.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want a new Valkyrie. The first one has never sat right with me. Something about it just isn't all the way there. Same thing with Silver Surfer. I never really liked the newest one we got that came with the Thing and the old one is, well, old. I want one with the same style as the old one (flat silver with some Kirby-esque lines across it) and only a footage on the board. No clunky hole in the Bottom to put it on a stand. I think DST could come up with a new stand that the board itself plugs into from the back. Like the all too scarcely used waist stand. 

Finally, not a single person on this board who has been clamoring for more classic Avengers stuff would say no to both a Classic Dormammu and Mantis and Swordsman. Getting those two in the same pack is the easiest and most effective way to get the characters. And outside the context of an Englehart era Avengers wave, and in a story that they played substantial parts in no less, I don't ever see anyone getting their hands on a Swordsman and Mantis. 

Sure, the Thanos story would be cool and all, but the Avengers/Defenders war makes tons more sense in terms of both character selection and selling point. Unless the Thanos story you're basing your wave off of has anything to do with the Infinity Gems (that's right GEMS) you can kiss sales goodbye. 

7 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Okay, Black Panther and Doctor Strange. Done.

We've never gotten a Defenders version of Strange with the all blue suit and no gloves. Plus, the last comic Strange we got was over five years ago. Don't even get me started on classic Loki. The first one hasn't aged well, but at all, and the Best Of one does not fit the look. His helmet is all wrong and the face is too maniacal. Also, you posing to do Avengers/Defenders War without Loki is like me posing to do the Kree/Skrull War without Rick Jones.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want a new Valkyrie. The first one has never sat right with me. Something about it just isn't all the way there. Same thing with Silver Surfer. I never really liked the newest one we got that came with the Thing and the old one is, well, old. I want one with the same style as the old one (flat silver with some Kirby-esque lines across it) and only a footage on the board. No clunky hole in the Bottom to put it on a stand. I think DST could come up with a new stand that the board itself plugs into from the back. Like the all too scarcely used waist stand. 

Finally, not a single person on this board who has been clamoring for more classic Avengers stuff would say no to both a Classic Dormammu and Mantis and Swordsman. Getting those two in the same pack is the easiest and most effective way to get the characters. And outside the context of an Englehart era Avengers wave, and in a story that they played substantial parts in no less, I don't ever see anyone getting their hands on a Swordsman and Mantis. 

Sure, the Thanos story would be cool and all, but the Avengers/Defenders war makes tons more sense in terms of both character selection and selling point. Unless the Thanos story you're basing your wave off of has anything to do with the Infinity Gems (that's right GEMS) you can kiss sales goodbye. 

Eh I suppose a new Doctor Strange wouldn't hurt (and maybe throw in an alt masked head to win me over, okay?).

I agree, Valkyrie's not great, but when it comes to Defenders, I definitely want at least a Hellcat before a new her. But, yeah, if they did an A/D War wave, I'd prefer her to THAT Iron Man armor again!! I tell you, if I see some variation on the classic Iron Man armor filling a wave again I may scream.

On Loki, have you considered settling for the Stormbreaker one? Or combining that and Best Of. I think I did that. I wouldn't reject a new Loki, just he's never really been on my "Minimates that definitely need redoing" list. But we've all got our little nitpicks, I suppose. Like, I'd quite like a classic-y Hulk with a non-mad face. 

Mantis I think has gotten a bit of a boost from being in a film, so I think she could be thrown into a wave on the back of that. She fits a few different themes... teams like Avengers and Guardians, broad themes like Cosmic or classic, and plenty of stories (A/D War, Thanos War, Celestial Madonna, War of Kings, Annihilation Conquest, even The Crossing... c'mon Crossing 25th anniversary wave!). Swordsman is less likely BUT I think he has a few caveats to him that help - independent of Mantis too. Firstly, he is a VERY early Avenger, he is the earliest Avenger we do not have a Minimate of (excluding honorary members like Rick and Jarvis). He also has been part of a bunch of villain groups like Lethal Legion and Masters of Evil. Usually whenever there's a Legion of the Unliving or a story that temporarily brings people back from the dead, he's there. He also has ties to Hawkeye's origin which makes another obvious figure to pack him with. I don't think either figure is UNLIKELY to receive Minimates, to be honest. They'd definitely both need to be packed with someone to carry their weight though.

The Thanos story is the original ones, the Jim Starlin ones, with Warlock and Mar-Vell. The one that introduces Thanos, Drax, Gamora, etc. The one they've legitimately reprinted 5+ times in different formats over the last few years. I think it's safe to say that merchandise from it wouldn't be a bizarre concept. Especially since it ties in and clearly inspires the movies so much. Mantis has a pretty prominent part in the end. Swordsman doesn't do much besides fight Drax in one issue, but he's definitely there. And yes there are gems, even a giant one, in the Adam Warlock parts.

10 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Man, I know The Crossing is terrible, but some of those costumes are pretty stellar.  Specifically, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Black Widow.  The rest, along with the event, are best left in the quarter bins.

Agreed. I have been begging for these costumes for years. 

Late to the game on this one, but I'd be down for a Champions wave.  It would allow us to get a bunch of new characters, but also add in a couple of redos that people might like.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Totally Awesome Hulk (I'm not feeling his new identity, so I'd pull for this one)/updated Ironheart (though not sure anyone really is clamoring for this)

Ms. Marvel (I think people would like a comic version, even though I think the animated one works just fine)/young Cyclops

Miles Spiderman/Viv Vision (she's the real reason I want this set)

Unstoppable Wasp/pick any of the other characters who've joined for a bit of time (I just realized I have to rush out the door and forgot my 8th pick)

And, the best part, a BAF Sparky the dog!

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhh... Girl power?

Maybe we’ll finally get mocking bird, perhaps a new modern wasp/stinger(Cassie Lang) updated Jessica drew, the daughters of the dragon to accompany Danny and Luke, a comic counterpart instead of the Netflix ones, and Titania for absorbing man, Typhoid Mary BAF?