UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I'll be stoned by my in-laws but as much as FA Cap Britain would be, there are so many other characters that haven't even gotten one mate done and I think that is more important.

IMHO ,the Excalibur Captain Britain 'mate is amongst the worst Marvel Minimates ever produced & if anyone wants to discuss the Wave 31 version I am "all ears" .  There are definitely a few Minimates that I'd prefer to have done without rather than being almost embarrassed by their existence . The Excalibur Captain Britain Minimate is THAT bad.

I'd embrace a new one .

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

IMHO ,the Excalibur Captain Britain 'mate is amongst the worst Marvel Minimates ever produced & if anyone wants to discuss the Wave 31 version I am "all ears" .  There are definitely a few Minimates that I'd prefer to have done without rather than being almost embarrassed by their existence . The Excalibur Captain Britain Minimate is THAT bad.

I'd embrace a new one .

What was so wrong with it out of curiosity?

If we're talking about the Excalibur version just line him up alongside Meggan from the same set, he looks like a child wearing his dad's oversize fishing waders . A painted mask rather than a slip-over made his dad's waders look even bigger & was a big mistake  .  If you really want me to ramp things up then let me add that the blue colouring on this 'mate would have been fine for 'Captain America' but this was Captain Britain & his suit (I had always believed) was based on the Union flag ........y'know he's Captain Britain & the colours might want to match the flag ?:yes:

17 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I wouldn't mind a new Captain Britain. Can we get him in a pack with Red Guardian? That'd be awesome. 

Only if Red Guardian can have an alt female chest block too (and alt female head) too!

Image result for defenders red guardian!

I do think Red Guardian is likely eventually - he's managed to have both Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe figures made already - but since he's a character that really is only going to be made for the recognizable design/costume and representation status as a notable flag hero rather than for any character - I'd really hate to get him and have DST miss the opportunity to get one more classic Defenders member out there.

Especially since otherwise her chances are zilch (despite being the most long-lived and notable of the Red Guardians).

Defenders Annual (1976) #1

2 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Only if Red Guardian can have an alt female chest block too (and alt female head) too!

Image result for defenders red guardian!

I do think Red Guardian is likely eventually - he's managed to have both Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe figures made already - but since he's a character that really is only going to be made for the recognizable design/costume and representation status as a notable flag hero rather than for any character - I'd really hate to get him and have DST miss the opportunity to get one more classic Defenders member out there.

Especially since otherwise her chances are zilch (despite being the most long-lived and notable of the Red Guardians).

Defenders Annual (1976) #1

now I want a gold Valkyrie

20 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

If we're talking about the Excalibur version just line him up alongside Meggan from the same set, he looks like a child wearing his dad's oversize fishing waders . A painted mask rather than a slip-over made his dad's waders look even bigger & was a big mistake  .  If you really want me to ramp things up then let me add that the blue colouring on this 'mate would have been fine for 'Captain America' but this was Captain Britain & his suit (I had always believed) was based on the Union flag ........y'know he's Captain Britain & the colours might want to match the flag ?:yes:

OMG I just looked at mine and remembered I head swapped him years ago with a vindicator mask and a blond bearded face. As for the blue I recall it matching Kitty’s blue in the books which should be Union Jack blue. Now to find my Kitty...

If the X-Factor wave means that we're going to start wishlisting Excalibur and the Defenders then I AM HERE FOR IT.

Captain Britain is one of my favorite characters, and while I like the original figure well enough, what I really want is one that looks like it stepped out of an Alan Davis page. In fact, I think that should be the general aesthetic for all Minimates going forward: the more Alan Davis-y the better.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, AFMcGill said:

I do think Red Guardian is likely eventually - he's managed to have both Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe figures made already...

That's true, but it's mostly because he's a Cap repaint with a new head and they were looking for characters to throw in a Captain America themed wave. I'd buy one (even the female version that I don't really care about), I just don't think I can call it likely.

1 hour ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Don't say that! I want Red Guardian!

SAME and I love the chest swap trick! Also I have been expecting an American Dream for a decade so who knows what can happen with the repainted Caps. 

I think Red Guardian is at the least a notable design (more so than he is a character), people do either know the design without having actually read anything with him in or at least can tell a lot from just the costume. I think it's not just to "pad a Captain America wave", I think it's also that he is... well... a representation for a country. Like, Union Jack always gets figures (weirdly more than Captain Britain) and Guardian is usually the first port of call for Alpha Flight characters - I think characters having a flag on them is a big reason, I think that helps them appeal a little more to people not versed in comics.

12 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Don't say that! I want Red Guardian!

Can we just get the whole Winter Guard mixed with Avengers updates?

Darkstar, Ursa Major, Red Guardian, Vostok,  Perun. Do we Need another Crimson Dynamo? Personally I feel like wave 36 nailed that character and we could leave him out. Sprinkle in a few Avenger updates, and Valkerie.

Profit.

9 hours ago, hellpop said:

Ursa Major has basically already been done:

fig1623flg.jpg

This is the easiest custom ever; you literally just have to remove the bandana.

Great that's a skip and we can have the others! I am still in shock I haven't realized I have had the wrong helmet on Captain Britain for years...

IMG_0651

Now that we've been talking about new Captain Britain and Red Guardian, I want a Captain America wave.

1. Hydra Cap

JUN170880-SECRET-EMPIRE-10-OF-10-DELLOTT

2. Captain Britain

450?cb=20131206070421 Or

723589-capbmi013_cov.jpg

3. Red Guardian

450?cb=20100113034357

4. Union Jack

UnionJack_Spitfire01.jpg

5. Falcon

5939223-falcon+cap.jpg

6. Frank as Cap

detail.jpg

7. Nuke

732?cb=20180809212228

8. Patriot. Either of the two versions.

450?cb=20170321211028

Or

719551-patriot2.jpg

BAF: Um... I don't have a BAF idea. ?

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

I want more classic comic characters. People we haven’t gotten or updates of olllld figures. My dream wave is done-in-one and only has 2 re-treads for completeness sake. If THIS line-up don’t grab ya, then ya got no soul!

Presenting the classic “Kirby” Inhumans!

- Updated Black Bolt (regular head, screaming head and scream effect) & Medusa (includes new hairpiece, reused animated hairpiece and that “Medusa” hairpiece from the Calico jack 

- Karnak and Gorgon (no accessories needed)

- Triton and Crystal (includes a couple elemental energy attachments)
-Maximus the Mad (first appearance costume from FF #47 with removable crown) and an Alpha Primitive army builder who has a head or two for swapping. 

- And a slightly altered color Lockjaw for the BAF and to move all the sets.

Luke could even do an exclusive two-pack!
- Medusa in her FF costume and Crystal in her FF costume!

Who says this isn’t the Marvel Age of wishlists?!
Edited by Mystery Man