UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now that Wave 78 has been shown, when might we get hints for wave 79?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s time for an FF wave so I hope it goes that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for a cosmic wave with Cosmic Ghost Rider and comic Star-Lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I want a Cosmic Ghost Rider made before he disappears into the ether for sure. I like that character. He was a good addition to the canon. 

I also want DUCKERNAUT from that Guardians team he fought. 

Edited by Trekker 42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cosmic Ghost Rider is surprisingly good. I think he'd fit into a cosmic-themed wave pretty easily if DST were ever to make one. Sadly I don't see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its cosmic wave, will we finally get the conquest/ first appearance guardians of the galaxy(2008)?! And like previous posts, you can even include cosmic the rider in since he was part of the guardians at some point in time!

Related image

Heck there's even a custom wave made already :D

05_GroupShow.jpg

More photos here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90's X-Factor!

 

Oh wait we don't have to say that any more :) :) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very surprised we've never gotten any comic Guardians. All the space stuff has basically been completely overlooked, and even big events with lots of characters like Annihilation and Infinity Wars have not been utilized. We've gotten what, four Star-Lords? But none are comics-based. So I definitely agree that getting some cosmic Marvel love is long overdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

90's X-Factor!

 

Oh wait we don't have to say that any more :) :) :) 

I laughed so hard at that! I have a very strict rule when it comes to a cosmic wave and that is a mandatory Vance Astro addition. I will not compromise.  Also kind of digging this Lilandra head surprise in the Mystique Legend soooo.... get to it DST. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stack32 said:

Cosmic Ghost Rider is surprisingly good. I think he'd fit into a cosmic-themed wave pretty easily if DST were ever to make one. Sadly I don't see that happening.

It would make sense for about now considering his new Destroys the Marvel Universe mini that started this week. 

In all honesty, I think the best way to get Cosmic Ghost Rider would be a "Thanos Wins" box set. Maybe a five pack like the Avengers:AoU SDCC pack. 

Thanos, King Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Mistress Death, Silver Surfer. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cosmic wave would be great.  I'd love some Valentino Guardians if possible.  It's probably too soon for another X-Wave, but I'll once again throw out support for a "finish off X-Force" wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HaoMate said:

If its cosmic wave, will we finally get the conquest/ first appearance guardians of the galaxy(2008)?! And like previous posts, you can even include cosmic the rider in since he was part of the guardians at some point in time!

Related image

Heck there's even a custom wave made already :D

05_GroupShow.jpg

More photos here!

Damn, those beat the hell out of mine!, especially groot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

In all honesty, I think the best way to get Cosmic Ghost Rider would be a "Thanos Wins" box set. Maybe a five pack like the Avengers:AoU SDCC pack. 

Thanos, King Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Mistress Death, Silver Surfer. 

This sounds amazing. I need this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hellpop said:

I'm very surprised we've never gotten any comic Guardians. All the space stuff has basically been completely overlooked, and even big events with lots of characters like Annihilation and Infinity Wars have not been utilized. We've gotten what, four Star-Lords? But none are comics-based. So I definitely agree that getting some cosmic Marvel love is long overdue.

It makes sense when you take into account DST's weird belief that making movie or animated versions covers the demand for comic versions. It's hit the Avengers over the past few years too. For a relatively small company it sometimes surprises me how little they seem to understand collectors.

10 hours ago, HaoMate said:

If its cosmic wave, will we finally get the conquest/ first appearance guardians of the galaxy(2008)?! And like previous posts, you can even include cosmic the rider in since he was part of the guardians at some point in time!

Related image

What makes me sad is that the team would be relatively easy to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that’s the wave I want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stack32 said:

It makes sense when you take into account DST's weird belief that making movie or animated versions covers the demand for comic versions. It's hit the Avengers over the past few years too. For a relatively small company it sometimes surprises me how little they seem to understand collectors.

TBF in some cases it's not DST's decision necessarily, but Marvel dictating what they want and DST being diplomatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be curious how much that is the case. It's obviously not an issue for Hasbro and DST certainly hasn't had a problem releasing movie and comic product close together for Spider-Man or the X-Men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't get why they'd not want to try to make vehicles for the biggest minimate line. It can't be that big of a deal to alter the contract, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding vehicles to the agreement would likely also mean adding to the contract's annual guarantee. (DST would have to pay more money.)

While it would be a way to get a motorcycle for Ghost Rider, how many viable vehicles are there in the Marvel Universe? After a quinjet, the Fantasticar™, and the X-Men's Blackbird, what else is there? Punisher's van? The Milano? Lola?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cosmic Ghost Rider, comic Guardians, Adam Warlock, Hyperion. A few cosmic characters I'd like to see. Does Hyperion count as cosmic? He is an alien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Adding vehicles to the agreement would likely also mean adding to the contract's annual guarantee. (DST would have to pay more money.)

While it would be a way to get a motorcycle for Ghost Rider, how many viable vehicles are there in the Marvel Universe? After a quinjet, the Fantasticar™, and the X-Men's Blackbird, what else is there? Punisher's van? The Milano? Lola?

Multiple motorcycles for the likes of wolverine, cap, black widow etc, Deadpool scooter, shield vehicles, asgardians chariots, Stark sports cars 

Edited by Heinous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing is that, to keep from stepping on another licensee's contractual toes, DST would have to make vehicles with not only the Minimates block-style aesthetic but with the mix & match play pattern.

Personally I love the idea of being able to pop the front of Deadpool's scooter onto one of the Fantasticar's pods and adding wings from a quinjet.

The next challenge is to get retailers to stock these toys, presumably at a higher price point than a 2- or 4-pack of Minimates.

 

What does Cosmic Ghost Rider ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

 

 

What does Cosmic Ghost Rider ride?

A 'bike' with no wheels ....probably a Halley Softail .

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Another thing is that, to keep from stepping on another licensee's contractual toes, DST would have to make vehicles with not only the Minimates block-style aesthetic but with the mix & match play pattern.

Personally I love the idea of being able to pop the front of Deadpool's scooter onto one of the Fantasticar's pods and adding wings from a quinjet.

The next challenge is to get retailers to stock these toys, presumably at a higher price point than a 2- or 4-pack of Minimates.

 

What does Cosmic Ghost Rider ride?

Why would they have to be mix and match? The alien vehicles aren't, are they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...