UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2.5"

TM2 Dinobot

Okay. This is a very simple question. WHY did DCD go ahead and decide to use the 2.5" body. I'd have much rather them done 2" all the way across. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the 2.5" body, but I have to question their logic on the line up. Observe.

In series 1 we've got 2. OMAC and Lex Luthor. Personal preferences aside, OMAC I can accept. Lex Luthor makes no sense however. Why should he be 2.5"? Granted, he's wearing battle armor, but that's not much of a reason. If the average 6' character is 2", then by golly, his head should be in 2" scale also. Bulk him up, give him molded battle armor, longer legs, something. But don't take his out of scale. All of a sudden you're telling me that Lex is 7.5' tall in real life? That makes no sense!

Wave 2, Brainiac, eh, he's a robot, I'll deal. I would have much rather preferred an animated 2" version however.

Wave 3 irritates me. Killer Croc is the only one that is logical. He's in scale, I'll give him that. Ocean Master and Ares though. WTF? Both of them should be 2" high. Ares especially. He's a 6' tall man. He wears a helmet. That's it. Unlike Luthor, that armor doesn't make him 7.5' tall. He should really be the size of the rest of them.

I know what it is. So far every one that's taller is a bad guy. They want to have big bad guys Vs little super heroes. Regardless of the fact that I don't like my Minimates that size, their scale is off on these. I'm just wondering how much attention DCD was paying. Or if they just wanted to snub Diamond because they CAN'T use the 2.5". I don't know. <_<

I thought only Killer Croc, Brainiac, and Ares were in the 2.5" scale. And I imagine Bane will be 2.5" as well. Looking at the pics in the DCD Definitive List Thread Ocean Master and Luthor look like they might be 2.5" as well though (which I never noticed before).

From what I've seen of the control art, I'm glad DCD are using both the 2" and 2.5" scale but I'll have to reserve judgment until I can see them in person.

I really Don't mind that the DC mates are going to be different heights. To me that's kool. :) About Aries being taller, Eh. Nothing to complain about. He is a god. But Ocean Master. Yeah that would be a problem. But I don't know for sure that he will be 2.5"s. I doubt it. Cus that would be weird.

Just think how cool it was in the Lord of the Ring.

QFT

It's pretty slick. Heck, PALz managed to shrink their base size down for a figure. It's a neat visual.

But I can appreciate that it will cause a rift between the Marvel and DC offerings (something DST fought against), but it isn't a deal breaker with me, and I doubt anyone will avoid the DCD 'mates because of the issue.

In series 1 we've got 2. OMAC and Lex Luthor. Personal preferences aside, OMAC I can accept. Lex Luthor makes no sense however. Why should he be 2.5"?

Agreed, but where are you getting the info that Luthor will use the 2.5-inch body?

Wave 3 irritates me. Killer Croc is the only one that is logical. He's in scale, I'll give him that. Ocean Master and Ares though. WTF?

According to this, Ares is 6' 10". I've got no problem with his Minimate being taller than Wonder Woman. As for Ocean Master, again, where have you read he's getting a 2.5" body?

That said, I have to say I'm just a wee bit disappointed that, while there's plenty of room to make big characters BIG, there's currently no solution for more diminutive characters. I'd like to see the founding members of the Teen Titans just a bit shorter than their mentors in the JLA but it's not a deal breaker. It just makes me wonder what might have been had DST been able to use AA's original 3-inch body.

In series 1 we've got 2. OMAC and Lex Luthor. Personal preferences aside, OMAC I can accept. Lex Luthor makes no sense however. Why should he be 2.5"?

Agreed, but where are you getting the info that Luthor will use the 2.5-inch body?

Wave 3 irritates me. Killer Croc is the only one that is logical. He's in scale, I'll give him that. Ocean Master and Ares though. WTF?

According to this, Ares is 6' 10". I've got no problem with his Minimate being taller than Wonder Woman. As for Ocean Master, again, where have you read he's getting a 2.5" body?

That said, I have to say I'm just a wee bit disappointed that, while there's plenty of room to make big characters BIG, there's currently no solution for more diminutive characters. I'd like to see the founding members of the Teen Titans just a bit shorter than their mentors in the JLA but it's not a deal breaker. It just makes me wonder what might have been had DST been able to use AA's original 3-inch body.

Because when I look, I can tell the difference between a 2" and a 2.5" and a 3" body. They look different.

Because when I look, I can tell the difference between a 2" and a 2.5" and a 3" body. They look different.

Sorry TM2, but you're going crazy. Those guys are 2 inchers. If they are 2.5 (not Bane, Ares, Braniac 13, or Killer Croc), then I will eat a hat (Sorry Ady, I'm a thief)

Sorry TM2, but you're going crazy. Those guys are 2 inchers. If they are 2.5 (not Bane, Ares, Braniac 13, or Killer Croc), then I will eat a hat (Sorry Ady, I'm a thief)

OMAC is, Luthor is. I could be wrong about OM. *hands you hat*

I guess this'll be settled in a few months. :P

If the prototypes I saw last year at SDCC are anything to go by BOTH OMAC & Luthor are 2" minimates.

Will you boys just cool your heels or get a room ( or just do this by PM) :P

T.

Besides, as we've seen more than once, prototypes are not the final answer.

The prototypes I saw at the comic co.. err wizard world only sported a 2.5 Killer Croc prototype all the others looked to be 2" figs for whatever its worth.

I'm a fan of the 2 inch body, but i don't mind the 2.5 body. I would rather see larger characters represented in 2.5 form. I just wish some marvel characters had the 2.5 body, like juggernaut and hulk (ho hum) I don't like the 3 inch body though, i'ts the only reason i didn't collect the lord of the rings line, they would have looked too out of place with my collection.

As for luthor and omac, they look 2 inch to me, Luthor looks bigger because of the armor.

By the way, is Bane 2.5 tall?

Will you boys just cool your heels or get a room ( or just do this by PM) :P

A... room? But what would I do with a room? :blink:

Okayokayokay. I'm sorry. I've been a bit snarky lately and I didn't mean to jump all over yall. I really hope that every one is right, because the fewer 2.5"ers there are, the better it is in my book. :D

D'oh, jus realised my mistake. What i mean't was that that the LOTR line normal human size was 2.5", where the hobbits were 2", thats why i didn't collect them. Think i got mixed up coz the only one i picked up was Sauron cuz the 3" body suited him next to my 2 inch characters.