UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Madrox didn’t have a BaF part or any alternate heads, so I don’t see how it’d be guaranteed.

It does seem like it’ll be a pain to build up an army of Multiple Men, though. His pack will sell out long before the other three, so either it’ll be rare or the other three will be discounted. Or both.

I wish Beast was smaller and less 90’s looking, but I might end up getting that pack to put him with my classic X-Men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The last Madrox didn’t have a BaF part or any alternate heads, so I don’t see how it’d be guaranteed.

It does seem like it’ll be a pain to build up an army of Multiple Men, though. His pack will sell out long before the other three, so either it’ll be rare or the other three will be discounted. Or both.

The last Madrox was released nine years ago, at that time we weren't even getting stands with minimates. DST upped their game with accessories since then which I think is a large part of the reason there's still a line to collect.

It was a pain to army build last time even with two in the wave. I'm not sure how much of a difference the Angel debacle made there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, stack32 said:

The last Madrox was released nine years ago, at that time we weren't even getting stands with minimates. DST upped their game with accessories since then which I think is a large part of the reason there's still a line to collect.

It was a pain to army build last time even with two in the wave. I'm not sure how much of a difference the Angel debacle made there.

The Angel situation had me debating on which box to open. It was stressful but made it through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

This wave has me on an X-Men kick. I just went and (re)bought Gambit, Bishop, and Hope. I'm building Morph and trying to figure out a recipe for Mimic lol

That Mimic recipe has alluded me for years. I spent yesterday thinking about a Nocturne and Wild Child. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

That Mimic recipe has alluded me for years. I spent yesterday thinking about a Nocturne and Wild Child. 

For Nocturne I found that the Pathfinder Merisiel hairpiece painted blue since it has the pointed ears and pop it on the recent Giant Size Nightcrawler body works pretty well. That's what I did at least. Sorry just remembered that thereasonsy has trouble painting so that wouldn't work...

IMG_2835.JPG

Edited by Chigarillo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That reminds me of Nightcrawler from X-Men Evolution. His hair was usually longer like that and he had the ears. (On the topic of Nightcrawler, I'd love to see the recent Bearded Nightcrawler get a Mate)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the things that's kept me interested in minimates over the years it the possibility of getting stuff that doesn't fit into other lines, like scene-specific minimates and unmasked or depowered looks. Iceman is a perfect example of this, unfortunately the only version of Bobby they've made like this is probably the least popular one they could pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you. I like your custom I’m trying to go for a white costume version though. As for the baby blue Iceman I’m IN. All three of these costumes are great and I wish we got them:

iceman-bigcostume3.jpg

 

iceman-bigcostume6.jpg

iceman-bigcostume9.jpg

 

I am so thirsty for the graduation and X-Factor versions not be spot on but just do a torso and arms swap. Although I’m not going to lie if we ever got a Jim Lee Bobby I would Kit bash a Vance Astrovick Justice and not care about the big X on him. There is a lot of love for this costume as I stalk the variant Marvel legend of it and it’s always expensive. Also would love a better ice slide. I’ve been meaning to see how this one would work with minimates but I keep forgetting it at my folks place in Sydney. 

D_NP_776278-MLM27259467472_042018-Q.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He does. I will probably pull the crotch peg out as far as I can to make home taller. I did that with the big Kree from Captain Marvel and he looks much better to my eye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

x-factor_0.jpg

 

It's gonna be weird seeing Jean Grey, Wolfsbane, and Polaris (thanks to their hairpieces) taller than Strong Guy. Doesn't he look short compared to the other 'mates in this line? 

Crouch wolfsbane, put Jean and Polaris on flight stands. Done. 

But for real, without having him in person, it's hard to tell if you can do anything to him to make him taller. But this is also the problem with minimates. Just be glad we got a strong guy, I guess 

Also, those new effects would look cool with jubilee

Edited by Heinous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not unusual for minimates at an event to be put together slightly incorrectly so it's possible Guido's chest block is further down than it should be anyway.

Too bad Wolfsbane doesn't have Wolf Man hands and feet. I guess that's in keeping with the other Marvel wolf and cat people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

Too bad Wolfsbane doesn't have Wolf Man hands and feet. I guess that's in keeping with the other Marvel wolf and cat people.

Yeah it’s a little disappointing but thankfully the Wolfman is easy to come by ??‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...