UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

7 hours ago, youbastards said:

DST has done that with all of the Select figure lines at Walgreens.

LCS gets more accessories at a higher price point.  Walgreens wants a lower price point so fewer accessories.  All of the LCS NBX figures came with parts to build scene dioramas, but Walgreens was figures only.

I believe TRU got select figures at a lower price point also with fewer accessories 

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/5/2020 at 10:01 PM, thereasonsy said:

Walgreens is getting one version and LCS are getting a deluxe version with extra accessories and yadda yadda in order to try and make this line move.

It is the rare action figure line that can be supported entirely by comic shops. Marvel Select is one of them, and even then there is the occasional variant at the Disney Stores. (Most DS figures are not variants.)

Most of our figure lines have been offered at comic shops AND a major chain to reach the minimum order quantity. We've been doing it for over a decade. Major chains like TRU and WG want lower price points and smaller packaging. Comic shops want something the major chains don't have. Universal Monsters had dioramas, Avatar has big effects, Westworld had extra accessories, NBX has dioramas and extra characters, Ghostbusters had dioramas, Castlevania has accessories, nearly all have done this.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, youbastards said:

The only exception I can think of is the Tron line, LCS was *supposed* to get parts with each figure to build a Recognizer, but apparently those parts were scrapped without notifying retailers to let people who pre-ordered know that they were getting less than they expected

Tron was a bit of a mix-up, we let retailers know LATE, but they still came with exclusive effects and we lowered the price accordingly.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone who made a wolfsbane custom with parts from the New Mutants Wolfsbane say how close the browns are between the new one and that one.  I am wondering if you can use the head from New Mutants with the X-factor body or if the matching is very off and it will look off.

3 hours ago, rman1115 said:

Bummer, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I ended up using all of the New Mutant parts on the chest and waist. Not ideal I just hated the face and hair that came with the new figure.

• 3 months later...