UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

On 10/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, thereasonsy said:

That wolfsbane is a great upgrade, did the colors on the hands and feet match? (I assume you used werewolf by night) 

Edit: just realized everything is custom except the costume. What's the recipe? 

Edited by Heinous

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Heinous said:

That wolfsbane is a great upgrade, did the colors on the hands and feet match? (I assume you used werewolf by night) 

Edit: just realized everything is custom except the costume. What's the recipe? 

Painted AOA Weapon X head, New Mutants Wolfsbane face, arms, legs, and Transformation Wolf man werewolf feet and arms. The only painting required was the hair piece as I was going for a full out Wolf girl like the cover. I only wish I had an extra 90’s best as I would take the fur wrists and paint them and put them on her. I did that with the New Mutants one but she lives at my parent’s house in Sydney.

Edited by thereasonsy

4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I loved this line but had to make a few adjustments. Starting with Rahne. 

I did the same thing but put Val in an X-Factor costume and used the 90’s Beast hair with the update for a perfect Beast.

I hate 90s Beast hair, so that def had to go for me lol

4 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Maybe just me but I don't see a problem with Rhane or Beasts hair pieces 

It’s probably more me. I just have specific looks in mind and to me the face and hair for Rahne is off. I’m looking for either a Ken Lashly or Larry Stroman look. The face is too light skinned and the hair is too small imho for both. As for Hank, he looks like a Liefeld version and I’m not feeling that. 

Just got home to find this awesome package of fun waiting for me.  I haven't had a chance to open them up and really feel the glory, but one think struck me: Is this the first time Luke's logo has appeared printed on a set?  It's very cool to see it on there.

50 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Just got home to find this awesome package of fun waiting for me.  I haven't had a chance to open them up and really feel the glory, but one think struck me: Is this the first time Luke's logo has appeared printed on a set?  It's very cool to see it on there.

Second at least. It was on the Deadly Foes set too. 

17 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

wJ3O12f.jpg

P7NbvSu.jpg

I swapped Alex & Guido's upper arms, removed Guido's thigh caps, and stuck a wrist cuff on the waist peg for some more height. Oh, and gave Alex some thigh straps.

Care to show a better Pic of what you did with Strong Guy? I was thinking of how to make him look a little better. 

Also, am I the only one really disappointed in how they did archangels wings? Those two tiny pegs are ridiculous. The wings always feel on the verge of falling off 

Awesome set. Does DST do any sort of missing parts replacement? My friend picked these up for me when he was in New York and now that they're in hand I noticed that one of the BAF arms is missing the wrist accessory. I'm in Canada so a return/exchange won't be possible. The whole wave is really impressive btw. 

AB29A147-EEAF-417C-AC20-25EDE1ABDE0E.jpeg

Great wave!

Only dud is Archangel whose wings are just... rubbish. Flimsy and warp easy, not very strong or poseable and don't look good. Will probably keep using the older one (or using this body with the old wings). Nice to see a slimmer and more subtle wing harness piece though.

I was in no hurry to get Jean, hate the character, but this is a nice enough figure. If this was the worst of the wave, it'd be a great wave.

Cyclops is always welcome and glad they included the alternate head-piece. Would've loved more accessories, like the eyeblast head-piece (ad it could potentially be used with the 90s Cyke) or even a piece like the recent Marvel Legends head with the effects.

Strong Guy - wanted Strong Guy for so long and it's great. Really interesting to see how they had arm pegs on the bulked up chest piece. Has this been done before?

I got 5 Madroxes, 5 is generally my army builder default, but having seen people with upwards of ten Madroxes, I want more. I definitely would get more if they came with alternate arms to have him de-jacketed. As some people have noted, you COULD use extra Strong Guy or Polaris arms but it doesn't quite work - Madrox didn't have the big puffy sleeves and either had yellow patterning continuing on his arms or silver shoulder pieces. Obviously, some alternate heads would help make it even more appealing to army build. But despite all that, it's Madrox in a classic costume so I'm happy.

Beast is a nice update, and works good as a Beast that can be used for both X-Men and Avengers, but I'm also pedantic and want my Beast to match my Dark Beast so will have to keep using the 90s one with the matching correspondent pieces.

Havok I hate as a character but it's a decent Minimate. And I'm getting another one because I've got separate uses for 80% of his body parts (chest block for this, and the jacket, crotch and legs for a Nate Grey). 

Polaris I'm happy to have. Nice hair-piece. I don't have any strong feelings about this one, it's just good to have her. 

Wolfsbane was probably my favourite and, tied with Strong Guy and Madrox, my biggest want. Really happy with this, perfectly done. I'm probably going to get a second one to make a de-powered Wolfsbane. 

Would've loved more accessories and I definitely could've done with a lot less use of those puffed up sleeve arms. 

Now round-out X-Force with Capullo Sunspot, Liefeld Warpath, X-Terminators Boom-Boom, Yost/Kyle Wolfsbane, Rusty Collins, Garrison Kane and Stryfe.

Does anyone have any contact info for DST customer service?  I've tried contacting them about the missing pieces from the Polaris/Jean Grey set, but all I'm hearing is crickets.

I have to say, I'm increasingly disappointed in the quality control of minimates and of the customer service.  It's hard to support a line that is consistently selling incomplete items and ignoring pleas to customer service.  

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Does anyone have any contact info for DST customer service?  I've tried contacting them about the missing pieces from the Polaris/Jean Grey set, but all I'm hearing is crickets.

I have to say, I'm increasingly disappointed in the quality control of minimates and of the customer service.  It's hard to support a line that is consistently selling incomplete items and ignoring pleas to customer service.  

I just contacted them last night on their Contact Us page on their website. I also had missing pieces from that set. I haven't heard back but it's been less than 24 hours so I'm not worried yet. 

13 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Now round-out X-Force with Capullo Sunspot, Liefeld Warpath, X-Terminators Boom-Boom, Yost/Kyle Wolfsbane, Rusty Collins, Garrison Kane and Stryfe.

I would be furious if we got Capullo Sunspot, but Liefeld Warpath. And Rusty with no Skids?

I'd rather see Capullo: Sunspot/Warpath, Feral & Y/K Wolfsbane, Y/K Vanisher/Elixir w/BAF Stryfe. Complete 2 X-Force teams and get arguably their biggest bad.

14 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Only dud is Archangel whose wings are just... rubbish. Flimsy and warp easy, not very strong or poseable and don't look good. Will probably keep using the older one (or using this body with the old wings). Nice to see a slimmer and more subtle wing harness piece though.

Despite how hard the wings are to keep on, I actually do like the flimsiness. I think with some hot and cold water, I can probably mold them coming over his shoulders for a cool shot 

Also, are beast's hands new pieces? 

Edited by Heinous

I haven't got these in hand ,I'm not an extreme X-fan but the choice of figures led me to believe that this would at least be a great opportunity to remedy a few niggles in previous versions of these characters . I have also had an ongoing gripe for years about the oft-heralded Minimate "interchangeable parts" .....why have parts that are supposedly interchangeable when they are often incompatible with the figure that they were made for.......frustratingly I now read that Archangels wings are a problem !  In a minute we'll have a thread about how to solve this....again.

What's the point of a pair of wings that won't fit any other minimate let alone the one that they're designed to fit?  

Rahne .  I remember saying the last time (2010 New Mutants box set)that she would benefit hugely with a pair of 'wolf-like' feet ....just like Jack Russell got in the Marvel 'Strange Tales' box-set some 3 years later........what infuriated me was that the New Mutants box set was released virtually on the same day as the Universal Monsters Wolf Man was showing up in box sets & TRU with moulded 'wolf-like' interchangeable foot- parts.   So here we are 9 years on & we get proper wolf-like hands ............& a pair of standard brown feet .....ugh!!!    I can see that AFMcGill's comments contradict my opinion, I respect his opinion & I'm not being sarcastic when I say I am pleased that he thinks Rahne is 'perfectly done' .....I'll agree to differ.

Beast looks better than we've had quite good ,whilst Havok,Grey & Polaris & Cyclops seem solid versions of some great characters but that Multiple Man looks superb , bravo Luke's choice of an exclusive .  

I'm intrigued by this Strongman Minimate & this apparent new torso ........I'd love some more info.

It's not a new torso, but a slipover chestpiece that has pegs under the shoulder pads. So you plug the arms into that one rather than the regular torso's pegs. It looks nice, but the plastic is a bit soft so you can't really turn his arms without feeling like the peg is going to twist off.  Not a big deal IMHO.

I am pretty happy with this wave, but I do agree with some of the other observations. It's funny, I also looked at Wolfsbane and thought of that AOA Wolverine hairpiece. Larry Stroman always drew her with really big hair/fur (fair? hur?) so it probably would have been a better choice. As for Archangel's wings, I guess someone decided they wanted to streamline the peg piece that holds them on, but it seems like a solution for something that wasn't a problem.

EDIT: YB provided the same answer while I was typing, but I don't feel like editing it, so you get to answers Rob. :lol: