UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously! Keep the comic waves coming! I’d love to see an Extermination box set of Ahab, Young Cable, a Hound (male and Female chest) with a new Jean Grey but I have a feeling the next set should be either Cosmic in nature (begrudgingly Cosmic Ghost Rider) or Fantastic Four related. Either way another comic wave is an automatic buy for me.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Wow, this place is thick with hate for movie waves.

I'm holding judgement for just how awesome this wave is until we get confirmation on exactly what extra parts are included.

Since we've never had a cosmic wave I'd be really surprised if that was the next theme.

I don’t hate the movie mates, I just prefer the comic waves. As for extra parts, I think what we see is what we got which makes me a little sad. The dream extra pack in for me would be baby cable in a circular ball with a stand. As for a cosmic wave I include GOTG as cosmic so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of them. Although I really want to make 2019 the year we finally get a Vance Astro.

Ditto on not hating movie waves; I personally am just more excited to get comic based stuff. Especially when they’re selections from childhood favorite storylines or teams.

I honestly never thought we’d be getting a Strong Guy Minimate, and I’ve always loved that Cyclops costume.

These last two comic-based waves are bringing back a lot of the excitement I had felt in the earlier days of collecting this line

1 hour ago, Donny B said:

Ditto on not hating movie waves; I personally am just more excited to get comic based stuff. Especially when they’re selections from childhood favorite storylines or teams.

I honestly never thought we’d be getting a Strong Guy Minimate, and I’ve always loved that Cyclops costume.

These last two comic-based waves are bringing back a lot of the excitement I had felt in the earlier days of collecting this line

Same, we have only had one “toy” of Jean in her Red costume which is weird since that’s the costume she wore for several important X-crossovers. Growing up I had the Walt Simonson X-Factor up in my bedroom which was the first time my parents let me have a poster up! 

Alright, as I’ve said about a zillion times around here, I’m an X-Men nerd, so these are always my favorite waves. You’d be hard pressed to ever see me poo-poo a classic mutant wave…

That said, my thoughts…

Jean & Cyclops are my least favorite of the wave, though that’s not to say I dislike them. I think I prefer these versions of their X-Factor costumes to the ones we got earlier. Though the X-Factor costumes were never my favorites in general. I do have a soft spot for that cyclops though, being that was his first costume to be an action figure back in the 90s X-Men toys.

I know some would disagree, but I’ve long been an advocate for an update to classic Blue & Pink Archangel, so I’m happy to get one. The first version was one of those minimates that was right on the cusp between old-style minimates with minimal detail, and newer ones with lots of detail. He wasn’t in DIRE need of an update, but I always knew they could do better. I’m also ECSTATIC that they final made new metal wings for him, as I hate the old ones… they’re way too oversized, and mine often had heavy curling, which made then form a shell around the figure, lol. I’m half-tempted to pickup spares just so I can upgrade my older versions of Warren with the new wings.

I’m OVERJOYED to get a new version of Blue Beast, as classic Jim Lee style Blue Beast is my preferred version of the character, and I’ve never been happy with the 90s one. He was too gangly and awkward, and I hate his giant topheavy hairpiece.

On to the more exciting half of the wave, imo…

What’s actually weird is, we already have 4 out of 5 of these characters… just none of them are this particular classic 90s version.

Over-the-moon happy to get Strong Guy. Always love a new mutant joining the line.

I’m trying to decide how I feel about Lorna, Havok & Wolfsbane. I’ve never been quite sure if I prefer classic Lorna & Havok or 90s Lorna & Havok. I similarly can’t decide if these are my new favorite minimate versions of them or not, lol. I think they look very nice, but there’s something about that classic costumes that’s ya’know… classic. In any event, happy to get them. I have similar feelings about Wolfsbane, though see my aforementioned comments about hating that hairpiece. This may be my go-to wolfsbane if I can find a reasonable supplemental hairpiece to replace that. Though it’s kind of a unique one, so I don’t know if I will.

I’m pretty damn ecstatic to get Multiple Man, as I’ve always preferred Jamie in his Skullcap costumes over the modern day “street clothes, guy in a sweater & coat” Madrox. I’m a fan of super heroes in costumes over street clothes. This will definitely be my go-to version of the character. I’m sure we all plan to pickup spares, lol…

It’s probably too much to hope for that Madrox would be paired in a 2-Pack with Archangel right? Since they’re from 2 separate incarnations of X-Factor. I doubt that’s the plan, but it would absolutely be the setup that would save me the most money, lol…

This wave pleases me.

Now we can finally stop begging for 90s X-Factor, and instead start begging for Generation X or X-Factor Investigations. (Either way, I need Husk & Monet minimates in my life.)

EDIT: Okay, I just scrolled back over the thread and I'm realizing for the first time that the old & new teams are paired up one and one, and GOD I HOPE MADROX IS PAIRED WITH ARCHANGEL... I will ABSOLUTELY want extra pairs of those wings, so it's a win/win scenario for me.

Edited by Gillbob316

4 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

is it too late to convince DST to do an army builder 4 pack of the maddrox?  make it a con exclusive or something.  i'd buy 1 

That's a pretty good idea, I don't see it happening but still it's a good idea.

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I don’t hate the movie mates, I just prefer the comic waves.

I just hope people remember that sentiment the next time similar things are said about comic or animated waves. People seem to get a little testy then.

5 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I blame the colors. As much as I love the movie assortments, the comic-based stuff is so toyetically vibrant, it catches the eye. They're like fresh boxes of crayons.

I've heard that sentiment before and while I understand it for children I really don't get it for adults. I don't care about the colors in X-Factor's costumes, I care that I had X-Factor #81 as a kid and loved that story (By the way, we totally need Cyber, he wouldn't even need new parts). Getting one step closer to finishing out the 90s major mutants is also a draw.

I bought seven Madrox minimates the last time he was made and three when ML made this same costume (though they were nice enough to include extra heads) so I would definitely be up for easier ways to acquire more of him. That's probably not going to happen so I hope he's packed with someone I don't mind having extra of.

Edited by stack32

3 hours ago, stack32 said:

I bought seven Madrox minimates the last time he was made and three when ML made this same costume (though they were nice enough to include extra heads) so I would definitely be up for easier ways to acquire more of him. That's probably not going to happen so I hope he's packed with someone I don't mind having extra of.

That to me is the biggest issue. I think he’s going to get packed with Scott since he’s the only original with a different look shown. 

What weirdly makes sense to me is:

Scott/Jaime with Guido head

Angel/Lorna with Guido legs

Beast/Rahne with Guido arms

Jean/Alex with Guido Body

Edited by thereasonsy

A Multiple-Man army builder pack would be phenomenal.  If they didn't want to just pack multiples of the same figure they could pack Jamie from several different looks: 90's X-Factor, X-Factor Investigations, Original Green 'n Yellow, James Franco, etc.  Keep buying boxes until you have 4 different armies.

A spare head with a different expression for Jamie would make buying multiples a bit easier to swallow, but that might not be likely given that we're going to see parts of Guido taking up package space.

Which has always been part of my concern about the build-a-figure concept. An extra head or two should be a minimum expectation for a minimate Madrox, even Hasbro knows it's important to selling the character. If the build-a-figure means we're getting worse minimates I'm not sure the extra character is worth it.

I'm a bit torn on this. I totally feel ya, stack.... bonus parts to make multiple purchases of Madrox makes sense.
But there's no X-Factor without Strong Guy. If a bonus head means we don't see Guido in the line, or an extra pair of web-slinging hands means we don't get Shriek, then I think I'm willing to sacrifice the bonuses...

i think...

probably...