UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Beast in the brown 'n yellow alternate human and furry heads/hands/feet would be killer.

I was, like, there's literally no way this wave could be better until you said that.  (Iceman is a great example of why changing looks is a good idea for marketability.)

This wave really has me stoked!  I've had a crappy week, but every time I see X-Factor in minimate form, I just smile. 

Oh speak of the devil - nate grey wore a costume a bit like cyke's circa the twelve

BcB9uXDXpnfqn5RBVTq04xOHoQI-9dnIZ3LB_umBDNbTYm_Fr2B0t1PIh4L2JF3h3zqHQlZk_RqG=s1600

(someone asked a few pages back which mates from this wave could easily be used as pieces for other characters planning for having multiple whoever comes with madrox... and we know it's one of cyke, jean, beast or archangel who will be packed with him)

So, so far,
Cyke's body can be used for a Twelve-Era Nate Grey, AOA Quicksilver or a powered down Bobby from the first 25 issues of X-Factor (the ones from the boxset and rare Angel)
Jean can be a first appearance Bliss from the Morlocks or a Husk that appeared in like 2 panels

For the record, I'm totally shocked that we're actually getting a 90s X-Factor team.  I thought it would forever be a pipe dream like the Wrecking Crew, but here we are.  And they look great!  I can't wait to fold them into my collection!

Fantastic stuff! Can't wait until these hit the shelves.

9 minutes ago, elhonez said:

Angel's actually my fave of the bunch... I'm looking to re-create some of the more famous Horsemen. I'd love to have Caliban and War-Hulk too.

We already have AOA Sunfire - that design was used for him when he was a Horseman. So there's another one.

Would love to see Wolverine and Gambit's Horseman looks done as Minimates.

6 hours ago, nandoninny said:

I thought it was a rehash of the x-factor box set that came out a few years ago but each character is a different take.   Nice!!!

Well, the team did have an awful lot of looks so it's surprisingly easy to make multiple versions.

For Havok's team I'm going to have to come up with a recipe for Val Cooper.

11 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

(someone asked a few pages back which mates from this wave could easily be used as pieces for other characters planning for having multiple whoever comes with madrox... and we know it's one of cyke, jean, beast or archangel who will be packed with him)

So, so far,
Cyke's body can be used for a Twelve-Era Nate Grey, AOA Quicksilver or a powered down Bobby from the first 25 issues of X-Factor (the ones from the boxset and rare Angel)
Jean can be a first appearance Bliss from the Morlocks or a Husk that appeared in like 2 panels

That was me wondering. Yeah thinking this is at least a double buy of the full wave for me. The spare Cyclops, Jean, and Havok can be used for other customs. I've been kicking around the idea of using the parts from a second beast 
to try a proper 616 appearance Dark Beast since he looks closer to regular blue Beast nowadays in the 616. Completely spaced Bliss... But no clue how to represent her creepy powers... Nope wait, a painted Xenomorph mouth piece might work. Only ones that wouldn't have a use would be Archangel, Wolfsbane and Polaris. Scratch that as well. Could probably use the head and hair from Polaris for an agent Brand.

Edited by Chigarillo

2 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

That was me wondering. Yeah thinking this is at least a double buy of the full wave for me. The spare Cyclops, Jean, and Havok can be used for other customs. I've been kicking around the idea of using the parts from a second beast 
to try a proper 616 appearance Dark Beast since he looks closer to regular blue Beast nowadays in the 616. Completely spaced Bliss... But no clue how to represent her creepy powers... Nope wait, a painted Xenomorph mouth piece might work. Only ones that wouldn't have a use would be Archangel, Wolfsbane and Polaris. Scratch that as well. Could probably use the head and hair from Polaris for an agent Brand.

You could always do a depowered Rahne to not "waste" the double buy. During this period you have her full Wolf-Girl

wolfsbane-bigcostume7.jpg

But then the closer to human wolf-girl by using a spare piece from the New Mutants set:

108157-186325-x-factor.jpg

wolfsbane1.jpg

And then when she gets cured by Haven.

wolfsbane26.jpg

10 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

I can't remember for sure, but didn't Valerie Cooper (nobody has lamented her absence yet...) wear Polaris' costume in an issue or two?

Failing that, Aurora or Vindicator - the former did actually appear in a few latter issues too with Wild Child albeit not in this costume

021672e64638ab86e5f79a8ddaf55b7e.jpg

7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

You could always do a depowered Rahne to not "waste" the double buy. During this period you have her full Wolf-Girl

wolfsbane-bigcostume7.jpg

But then the closer to human wolf-girl by using a spare piece from the New Mutants set:

108157-186325-x-factor.jpg

wolfsbane1.jpg

And then when she gets cured by Haven.

wolfsbane26.jpg

I'm definitely considering kitbashing between the two Wolfsbane's, i tend to do that between different versions to true and get a "definitive version" (Thor, Wonder Man), i prefer like the less feral look in the X-Factor costume, so might replace the bits with that original New Mutants one ... but then I'd be stuck with the inaccurate Rachel Summers hair piece. And neither have a tail it seems.

2 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

I can't remember for sure, but didn't Valerie Cooper (nobody has lamented her absence yet...) wear Polaris' costume in an issue or two?

Failing that, Aurora or Vindicator - the former did actually appear in a few latter issues too with Wild Child albeit not in this costume

021672e64638ab86e5f79a8ddaf55b7e.jpg

Yup, Valerie wore a version of Lorna’s costume up until the close of X-Factor’s first series. 

188557-109201-valerie-cooper.jpg

Alpha Flight was on a world tour and lost their luggage which caused them to have to wear X-Factor’s costumes as they deal with a mutant that had her powers activate after her death. 

As for Rahne’s rat tail, it is accurate in her light wolf-girl version and for her human form one could use Carnage or Juggernaut’s  hair (hail Ivan). Or just cut the rat tail off. fig1115f2lg.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 6:57 AM, AFMcGill said:

Oh speak of the devil - nate grey wore a costume a bit like cyke's circa the twelve

BcB9uXDXpnfqn5RBVTq04xOHoQI-9dnIZ3LB_umBDNbTYm_Fr2B0t1PIh4L2JF3h3zqHQlZk_RqG=s1600

So, so far,

I dig that art a lot. What comic is that?

Strong Guy for the win! That's a pretty neat baf, can't wait to see how that chest piece works.

This wasn't a set I needed but getting the team in one wave is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Two comic waves back to back and I'll be getting them both! Feels like old times. Keep those comic sets flowing DST. ?