UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

We got a feral like 8 years back in a comic con set, was my first minimate set, and I had no damn clue who the hell she was

Yes we did get a Feral then but to "complete" the full GC line up:

tumblr_mh4f13jaE51s09aebo1_1280.jpg

So we would need this costume to get them all.

686130-feral_versus_fury.jpg

Although personally I am really hoping for X-Factor and them being packed with Reavers, because even though they are traditionally villains who doesn't want to army build cyborg assassins? 

340?cb=20161025130218

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

That would be hilarious at this point.

We would be missing Feral but she turns traitor anyway.

I'd happily take 'swimsuit' Feral, but her big hair/opera gloves look is def. my fave. 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Watch this wave not even be X-Themed.

It is going to be hysterical and sad when it turns out to be nothing that we've guessed here. The last few comic waves have been pretty great and we are due for an X-Men wave so I'm hopeful. Then again I want every wave to be X-themed.

5 hours ago, Chooch said:

I'll just take this moment to re-iterate how close we are to finishing both Liefeld and Capullo X-Force teams.  We can do this!

Which is kind of ridiculous really. It's weird that they started another version before finishing the first. I don't mind having both, it's just strange.

12 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Which is kind of ridiculous really. It's weird that they started another version before finishing the first. I don't mind having both, it's just strange.

Neither iteration of the black and grey X-Force teams are completed either.

Still waiting on that Vanisher, Wolfsbane, Elixir, and Nightcrawler.

My biggest pet peeve with every single toy line is their refusal to finish what they’ve started with superhero teams/themes.

1 hour ago, Swarm198 said:

My biggest pet peeve with every single toy line is their refusal to finish what they’ve started with superhero teams/themes.

Same! I got burned badly by toybiz so I made a “rule” about toylines and I wouldn’t start collecting the line until they had a majority of the team or a Jean Grey/Batgirl. It’s why I didn’t start collecting minimates until the Ultimate X-Men Wave. 

13 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Same! I got burned badly by toybiz so I made a “rule” about toylines and I wouldn’t start collecting the line until they had a majority of the team or a Jean Grey/Batgirl. It’s why I didn’t start collecting minimates until the Ultimate X-Men Wave. 

That's only the third wave. Pretty good start for you, I should say. 

Ehh. The two packs kind of make it harder to get complete teams though In a way. Each two pack has to have a big name or rare figure packed in.

We'll likely never get a full wave of Gen-X or X-factor because those just don't have big names attached. Sure as collectors we all think it would be great to get Wonderman, Stryfe, or Maddrox but those aren't going to sell as well as Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Iron Man even if it's the 20th variation produced.

It's just the way of the marketplace currently. Just look at how poorly the Most Wanted classic Avengers wave did. No big names does equal low sales, it's a depressing realization as a collector.

As far as this wave goes, I'm hoping it's 90s X-Factor and Havok, Polaris, Wolfbanes are the repeats in new costumes, but im fully expecting a wave of Wolverine, Cap, Tony, and Thor variants with a new hero or villain thrown in.

Edited by Chigarillo

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

It's just the way of the marketplace currently. Just look at how poorly the Most Wanted classic Avengers wave did. No big names does equal low sales, it's a depressing realization as a collector.

I think that wave had issues besides no big names but it's difficult to figure out exactly how all the factors contributed.

3 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Ehh. The two packs kind of make it harder to get complete teams though In a way. Each two pack has to have a big name or rare figure packed in.

We'll likely never get a full wave of Gen-X or X-factor because those just don't have big names attached. Sure as collectors we all think it would be great to get Wonderman, Stryfe, or Maddrox but those aren't going to sell as well as Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Iron Man even if it's the 20th variation produced.

It's for this reason why I'm hoping that Build-A-Mates work out so we can rely on those to get newer characters while having one or two also sprinkled into the respective wave. 

Also, as long as they keep the Cap/Iron Man variants exciting with minimal straight up reissues I'm satisfied. 

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

It's for this reason why I'm hoping that Build-A-Mates work out so we can rely on those to get newer characters while having one or two also sprinkled into the respective wave. 

Also, as long as they keep the Cap/Iron Man variants exciting with minimal straight up reissues I'm satisfied. 

True I've come to view them as a necessary evil. Like the battle damaged Wolverine from a few waves ago was great and became my new default Wolvie to display! I actually really liked the Thor paired with Surtur recently as well, same with the Hydra Cap from that same wave too. I'm fine with fun variants like that and as long as they stick to those for the big names I'm fine with rebuying characters I already have. Oh and updates like the Spidey that came with wave 76. That is pretty much the best Spidey there is with the sonic gun, Twip hands, and webs. I'm fine with great updates like that.

Was just looking at the Database, has it really been almost two years since the last X-Men wave of 72? And the Brotherhood boxset was November 2017? X-Universe seems like it's due a wave or two... Please let wave 78 be X-related.

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

Damn - are we talking Wave 69? Did that wave not perform? I loved that wave.