UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Dannii said:

Ops... I forgot there were redos... :(

This got me thinking... does anyone remember the Korvac Quest? The Guardians of the Galaxy track the power of Korvac through time and space, hoping to stop it throughout different time periods. "Korvac Quest" was a four-part storyline running through Marvel's 1991 Annuals. The story took place entirely through Annuals with a cover date of July, 1991.It ran through the Fantastic Four (already debunked), Silver Surfer, GOTG and Thor Annuals. THis could give us some redos as Yondu, Silver Surfer, and Thor have been made before whilst giving a few new characters and villains. A stretch to be sure but I am flexible when it comes to getting my Vance Astro minimate.

That's actually brilliant. Good thinking! I Haven't read all of Korvac Quest, but I read the FF part as it was part of my quest to read every Fantastic Four story. It's a very niche theme for a wave, but it would offer some really sleek looking figures. I've been wanting a Korvac for a while. This, again, stems from my love of Perez-era Avengers.

Yeah Zach’s tricky with his clues so who knows?!? I’m keen for another mutant wave but there are some I prefer to others. If all we know is that simenare redos maybe it’s a Phalanx Covent wave and we will get Gen X Banshee and Emma, Captive Sabertooth and Crimson Dawn Betsy, a Phalanx (warlocks?!?) and Cameron Hodge? Who knows with 10 years during the comics explosion! 

I like this idea of a possible story line from the 90's. I wouldn't call the 90's classic tho. I started collecting comics about 85 but the 90's are when i was really into collecting comics.  I liked when marvel ran their major summer time stories thru their annuals. I would like to see minimates from almost any of the 90's annual stories. I know Atlantis Attacks came out in 89, but i'd like to see mates from that story. Korvac Quest, Days of Future Present, Evolutionary War and Terminus Factor would be other great stories to make minimates from. Sure there aren't many different costumes for the heroes. But ya get some great Villains. I'd like to see a Korvac or an Ahab or High Evolutionary. Or even a Sensational She Hulk (from the Lifeform story line) and Machine Man (from the Terminus Factor story line)

Edited by spidermatt

On 2/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, youbastards said:

X-Cutioner's Song

- Cable / Stryfe

- Havok (X-Factor) / Polaris (X-Factor)

- Cyclops / Jean Grey

- Gambit / Rogue

BAF Caliban

2 new characters, 2 new costumes (maybe 3 depending on which interpretation of Cable...), lots of heavy hitters.

This is really solid and I hope this is what we get.  However, on that same line of thinking, we could end up with a Fatal Attractions wave:

- Psychic Battle ready Professor Xavier / Be-mulleted Magneto

- Acolyte Colossus / Exodus

- Battle Damaged Jean / Adamantium-tendril Wolverine

- Gambit / Rogue

BAF Fabien Cortez

I'm super down for either.

5 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

This is really solid and I hope this is what we get.  However, on that same line of thinking, we could end up with a Fatal Attractions wave:

- Psychic Battle ready Professor Xavier / Be-mulleted Magneto

- Acolyte Colossus / Exodus

- Battle Damaged Jean / Adamantium-tendril Wolverine

- Gambit / Rogue

BAF Fabien Cortez

I'm super down for either.

I’d probably switch to a normal Jean with parts for a space suit and a Bunny Wolverine but otherwise that would be great. 

Not a lot of new character but new costumes still works really well for 90's X-Factor

Havok

Polaris

Wolfsbane

Quicksilver

Multiple Man

all characters we have had before but not in their x-factor uniforms

throw in strong guy and happy days!

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Not a lot of new character but new costumes still works really well for 90's X-Factor

Havok

Polaris

Wolfsbane

Quicksilver

Multiple Man

all characters we have had before but not in their x-factor uniforms

throw in strong guy and happy days!

Fingers crossed

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

Fingers crossed

Strong guy could be a Build a figure.

For a new character Shard could be including which was Bishops sister right? Random would be another new character too which @Chooch mentioned.

Edited by EricM
Updated response

My top picks for new characters from the 90s:

Stryfe, Shard, X-Cutioner, Exodus, Cortez, Maverick, Strong Guy

An X-Cutioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, Phalanx Covenant, or X-Force or X-Factor wave would ALL work for me, though considering some of the Customs I've made, some might be an easier sell than others

On 2/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, DSTZach said:

No FF yet, sadly, but 78 will be a comic wave, and I'd hesitate to call it classic, unless the 1990s are classic. (I guess it depends on how old you are, and I'm oldish.) 

Not a lot of new characters, but some new costumes.

NINETIES X-FACTOR CONFIRMED.