UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

2 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Are we even really getting that many more comic waves though? I've seen people say this, or something similar to this, a few times how at least it means we'll be getting more comic book stuff. But 77 isn't set to release until June, and 78 probably when? October, I'd think? Whereas the movies got the Captain Marvel wave, the box set, probably 2 Endgame waves, and at least one box set. I just don't see why they can't do FFH in there too! Why couldn't we get both? Wave 77 looks great, but I need my FFH mates! Also, really hoping 78 isn't classic. Why is everyone so set on that? We have nothing to suggest it's classic other than "If you like comics..." (Sorry for complaining about no FFH mates again)

It's a good thing that you recognize that you're doing it, but please stop with the constant complaining and negativity. If that's your prerogative then by all means, but I don't think here is the best place for it. For years this site has served as a well needed break from the world for me and many others and to see the same level of negativity here as outside my computer screen hurts my heart. I understand if you're disappointed about not getting a new Spider-Man figure. I'm disappointed about not having Fantastic Four figures for six years. But please, by all means, would you mind toning it down? I don't really like calling somebody out like this, but I felt like I needed to.  

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, youbastards said:

- Mr. Fantastic (time for some new sculpted stretchy bits) / Dr. Doom (alt heads, alt capes/hoods)

- Sue Storm / Crystal 

- Human Torch (painted like 1st release, not translucent, alt normal Johnny Storm head) / Dragon Man

- Thing / Wizard

BAF - Powered Invisible Woman (frosted plastic instead of full translucent)

This would allow for F4 costume Johnny Storm and Crystal if multiple packs were purchased.

I would split the ladies up but would buy this wave in a heart beat. All that is missing is Franklin and Val. 

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

It's a good thing that you recognize that you're doing it, but please stop with the constant complaining and negativity. If that's your prerogative then by all means, but I don't think here is the best place for it. For years this site has served as a well needed break from the world for me and many others and to see the same level of negativity here as outside my computer screen hurts my heart. I understand if you're disappointed about not getting a new Spider-Man figure. I'm disappointed about not having Fantastic Four figures for six years. But please, by all means, would you mind toning it down? I don't really like calling somebody out like this, but I felt like I needed to.  

Seriously? He's made one slightly negative comment outside of the FFH thread.

21 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Seriously? He's made one slightly negative comment outside of the FFH thread.

That's not what I've seen, but whatever. I said my piece. I'd like to see what he says and then we can all move on. Besides, It's not even about Far From Home, I've just seen a bunch of complaining about a lot of recent news on this site. The very post I quoted is mainly a complaint about more comic book waves and shooting down other people's hope and excitement for them. Forgive me if I took that the wrong way, but that's how I read it. 

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

I would split the ladies up but would buy this wave in a heart beat. All that is missing is Franklin and Val. 

I think making a solid Susan with clear arms/legs is the way to go. That would also give the BAF slot to someone else we haven't seen. Maybe another villain or supporting character. As awesome as a Franklin would be I don't think I want him without Val. So I'd totally give it to someone like Triton, Diablo or Psycho-Man. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

Just now, DSTZach said:

No FF yet, sadly, but 78 will be a comic wave, and I'd hesitate to call it classic, unless the 1990s are classic. (I guess it depends on how old you are, and I'm oldish.) 

Not a lot of new characters, but some new costumes.

Awesome news! Any cosmic love is good enough for me. I'd say 90's are classic enough. They still utilized the older, brighter color pallet so I'd put it there. Like you said, depends on age over all else. 

3 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

No FF yet, sadly, but 78 will be a comic wave, and I'd hesitate to call it classic, unless the 1990s are classic. (I guess it depends on how old you are, and I'm oldish.) 

Could we get some hints ???

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

The 90s are classic! Are they scattershot from around the 616 or is it storyline/team related? Maybe even blood related like the epic X-Men/Avengers crossover Bloodties?!! 

49 minutes ago, youbastards said:

X-Cutioner's Song

- Cable / Stryfe

- Havok (X-Factor) / Polaris (X-Factor)

- Cyclops / Jean Grey

- Gambit / Rogue

BAF Caliban

2 new characters, 2 new costumes (maybe 3 depending on which interpretation of Cable...), lots of heavy hitters.

Could we swap a Cable for an X-Factor Multiple Man and have Stryfe have parts for a Cable? Also the Baf be strong Guy and I'm in.

I might love a 90s wave since a lot of the characters/looks I want are from that era: Avengers, New Warriors (which isn't going to happen), and even some X-stuff (mostly X-Factor and a few updates). If DST took inspiration from a crossover like Bloodties (as was just mentioned) or Galactic Storm (just read it, lots of potential characters) it could be a lot of fun but I can't help but think if they're going to the 90s then it must be all X-Men.

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

I can't help but think if they're going to the 90s then it must be all X-Men.

Yeah it’s hard for it not to be X-Men everything from X-Tinction Agenda, Muir Island Saga, Kings Of Pain, Days of Future Present, Blood Ties, AOA, Onslaught, the Space Era and more. The X-Men dominated Marvel’s 90s so it’s hard not to think it’s a mutant wave of some sort. The question is it tied to a story (Inferno) or is it a time frame (say X-Men 1 launch). If it’s a time frame we may get our Cap style Warpath/Feral, X-Man, X-Factor, etc or more...

Edited by thereasonsy

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

With the new avengers end game movie coming up, could this hint points towards avengers operation galactic storm?!

Not a lot of new characters, but if we got one (say Nate Grey) I'd take that! He's got a cool design. I'd love a new Gambit. Multiple Man in the same design that his Legends figure just came out in?

If I get any New Warriors in this 1990’s wave I’m down. I mean a sample from different comics of that era which was really when I starting collecting regularly. 

I know this has nothing to do with it but with both Night Thrasher and Darkhawk showing up in the Marvel Legends line and both becoming playable characters in Contest of Champions they could be two candidates for this 1990’s wave.

Spiderman 2099 showed up in Spiderman into the Spiderverse could be a remake candidate along with Punisher 2099 since he also showed up in the Contest game.

Firestar could be a remake candidate. I’m thinking about others.

1 hour ago, EricM said:

If I get any New Warriors in this 1990’s wave I’m down. I mean a sample from different comics of that era which was really when I starting collecting regularly. 

I know this has nothing to do with it but with both Night Thrasher and Darkhawk showing up in the Marvel Legends line and both becoming playable characters in Contest of Champions they could be two candidates for this 1990’s wave.

Spiderman 2099 showed up in Spiderman into the Spiderverse could be a remake candidate along with Punisher 2099 since he also showed up in the Contest game.

Firestar could be a remake candidate. I’m thinking about others.

I would love Vance Astro with a marvel boy head.