UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this being a Space X-Men themed wave. I remember awhile back Zach had a comment that hinted at Gladiator and Shi'ar figures being in the works. My completely fan boy guesses based on nothing at all but that:

Gladiator and Lilandra
Korvus and Rachel
Havok and Vulcan
Wolverine as Fang and Deathbird
Build a figure: Corsair or D'Ken

If D'Ken is the BAF then release a Starjammers box set later in the year with Corsair, Cho'd, Hepzibah, and Raza.

I feel like this wave will be the Comic version of Dark Phoenix "Movie" similar to the Spider-Man Far From Home scenario. If so perhaps it is

Dark Phoenix / Cyclops

Gladiator / Warstar

Phoenix /Shiar Solider

Sebastian Shaw / Hellfire Goon

BAF - Lilandra

which I find to be the most illogical way of doing it so it has the greatest possibility.  This way you are leaning into the ToyBiz wave. Have army builders but not in a convenient way. Give us a spread of the story line (Hellfire and Shiar) and have a popular "unpopular" BAF. But I"m cyncial without a cup of coffee.

I was thinking the same thing. However, I think it'd be smarter to simply go with just Shi'ar and space characters since it seems the Hellfire Club won't play a role in the movie. I know that probably seems like an unpopular opinion, but from a business standpoint it seems most logical for me. 

Battle Damaged Cyclops (X-Men #137) / Gladiator

Professor X / Lilandra

Dark Phoenix / Shi'ar Soldier

Phoenix / Shi'ar Soldier

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

I think X-related 90's costumes are likely given the nostalgia cycle.  If so, I'd love to see them complete some X-Force line-ups or bang out a killer X-Factor wave.

I would love this but without a TRU or A con exclusive  I don’t think we will ever see these. 

I'm going to throw a wild guess for classic Avengers. I think we could get a few of the missing characters people have been asking for. Maybe a Hellcat or Jocasta or Swordsman or even a FA Wonder Man. Mantis would fit that list too.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what's coming. I'm very glad comic waves are rolling out frequently again, that's what got me into this line from the start.

12 minutes ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I'm going to throw a wild guess for classic Avengers. I think we could get a few of the missing characters people have been asking for. Maybe a Hellcat or Jocasta or Swordsman or even a FA Wonder Man. Mantis would fit that list too.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what's coming. I'm very glad comic waves are rolling out frequently again, that's what got me into this line from the start.

I would SWOON if we got some Englehart/Perez-era Avengers

10 hours ago, Chooch said:

I think X-related 90's costumes are likely given the nostalgia cycle.  If so, I'd love to see them complete some X-Force line-ups or bang out a killer X-Factor wave.

Capullo's Sunspot seems to be the only X-Force costume I can think of blatantly neglected from that era. What else were you thinking?

With Zach mentioning there would be some heavy hitters in this wave, I can't help but think A-list and B-list X-Men or Avengers.

The problem with a Dark Phoenix set is that era of X-Men suits were done in the recent Giant-Size wave. I'd much prefer just a random X-Men wave. 

Kitty Pryde and Shadow King

Lilandra and Gladiator

Updated 90s Cable and Stryfe

Some random A or B-List X-Men and Arcade

I also want X-Factor but it seems unlikely.

20 hours ago, Polarboy said:

It is definitely going to be 90's x-Factor this time

19 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

I can see this being a Space X-Men themed wave. I remember awhile back Zach had a comment that hinted at Gladiator and Shi'ar figures being in the works. My completely fan boy guesses based on nothing at all but that:

Gladiator and Lilandra
Korvus and Rachel
Havok and Vulcan
Wolverine as Fang and Deathbird
Build a figure: Corsair or D'Ken

If D'Ken is the BAF then release a Starjammers box set later in the year with Corsair, Cho'd, Hepzibah, and Raza.

tenor.gif

16 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I think after the Black Knight wave our Classic Avengers dreams are dust.

10 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Capullo's Sunspot seems to be the only X-Force costume I can think of blatantly neglected from that era. What else were you thinking?

With Zach mentioning there would be some heavy hitters in this wave, I can't help but think A-list and B-list X-Men or Avengers.

We are missing Bobby, Warpath, and Feral from that era.

9 hours ago, Minimate said:

The problem with a Dark Phoenix set is that era of X-Men suits were done in the recent Giant-Size wave. I'd much prefer just a random X-Men wave. 

Kitty Pryde and Shadow King

Lilandra and Gladiator

Updated 90s Cable and Stryfe

Some random A or B-List X-Men and Arcade

I also want X-Factor but it seems unlikely.

The main X-Men costumes have been done but we still have a Dark Phoenix in need of a redo, the Hellfire Club, the Imperial Guard and the StarJammers all from that story. I'd give them a hall pass and let them slip in a Sprite and/or Binary to help round out the era but unlikely.

6 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

tenor.gif

If ONLY. I am dying for the Peter David X-Factor wave but my hopes are pretty much dashed at this time until we get distribution sorted. I can't see Walgreens holding an older wave, but then again I never saw them carrying Avengers BC. Maybe if it was offered like the Lost wave online? A nostalgia wave would have to be in LCS, Cons, and online Toys stores like Luke, BBTS, or maybe they will finally get a DST store together like we have been asking for for years.  Whenever I see a He-Man or Gi Joe collector edition I get really bitter that we don't have that option.

12 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Stealing my post from the wishlist thread:

Liefeld uniforms:

Warpath

Boom Boom

Siryn

Capullo uniforms:

Warpath

Feral

Sunspot

Throw in Stryfe and a Cable-variant to anchor and you have a wave of 90's nostalgia that's so hot right now.