UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man: Far From Home

bofox

On 3/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, NerdyTrev said:

I have no problem with movie minimates. However, as a comic book fan, I vastly prefer a comic book variant of a character. That doesn't mean I despise moviemates for taking away opportunities at comic figures. I bought figures for every character that appeared in the Infinity Wars film. Just because we don't have a problem getting movie minimates doesn't mean that we don't like comic versions more.

Now, wherein the problem lies is how people continue to complain about not getting these characters in their movie variants despite the fact that DST made sure that fans could have the characters in one form or another in time for the movie's release.  I understand that you're frustrated that you aren't getting your MCU Spider-fix, but, and I cannot stress this enough, we are still getting brand new, updated variants of all of these characters. 

Trust me, I understand everyone's disappointment in not getting to have the figure you were looking forward to getting. I desperately want a Hercules figure that isn't the absolute worst minimate ever made, a Bishop and Ferro to round out the Aliens crew, and I wish I lived in the universe where DC minimates didn't get cancelled and I'm up to my knees in New Gods minimates. I really understand. However, I have moved on. We have all moved on. Sure sometimes we open back up the conversation to talk with some like minded individuals, but for the most part we've had our disappointment and continued to live our lives. I mean come on. They're toys. Albeit sophisticated and mature toys at that, but at the end of the day these are just action figures. There's no need for there to be so much negativity on this forum about TOYS. One of life's few incorruptible joys. Ever since the announcement of no new Spider-Man movie figures there's been this waft of negative energy and I'm tired of it. I don't want to see anymore empty complaints. And I get that absolutely nobody is going to listen to me on that, but if you all get to complain, then so do I. 

Also, I wouldn't take all those LEGO announcements to heart. The LEGO Group has a tract record with not being the most..... screen accurate. 

*cough* Iron Man 3 *cough* Captain America: Civil War *cough*

That's all. Thanks or indulging me. I'm very sorry if I offended anyone, but also just move on. It isn't that important. 

This is a very good post, and a very good outlook. Kudos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Wow. No need to see the movie now...

They did this with Homecoming too, I went into it thinking that I'd seen the whole movie. Boy was a wrong. That car scene alone makes that movie amazing. But also! I actually didn't think this movie gave away a lot. We don't know exactly how Mysterio got here. We didn't see his heel turn. We don't know why Spider-Man gets his new suit. I think this was pretty tame compared to the Homecoming trailers.

The trailer made me much more interested in the movie in a way that hasn't happened for a Marvel film before. Previously I thought it looked more Sony than Marvel, now I'm showing up just to see how they show Peter processing the events of Infinity War and Endgame.

I think its just my disinterest in the cinematic universe that's showing. I wasn't excited for the movie before and I'm not now. I just don't care about these movies like I thought I would or should! They've compromised the integrity of the comic books and that frustrates me. For the most part, I mean. There's still some bright spots in the current marvel titles. Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man. The end of Jason Aaron's 8-year epic. 

19 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

They've compromised the integrity of the comic books and that frustrates me.

Curious what you mean by that. I assume it's how they've changed the comics to more reflect the movie versions?

19 hours ago, Planet_Of_The_Mates said:

Any ideas on customs for some of spiderman’s various suits?

- we have the one from Homecoming and Iron Spider - which it seems he’s going to wear a lot...

Doubt he wears the iron spider very long. Seems like that's what he had at the beginning and he'll quickly shed it when he leaves the country. 

As for customs, the first superior Spiderman could work with a new head as a stand in for the black and red costume he's seen wearing in the trailers 

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

Doubt he wears the iron spider very long. Seems like that's what he had at the beginning and he'll quickly shed it when he leaves the country. 

As for customs, the first superior Spiderman could work with a new head as a stand in for the black and red costume he's seen wearing in the trailers 

See, I think he may come back to the iron spider suit at the end - or a new suit all together (not black and red).

5 hours ago, Planet_Of_The_Mates said:

See, I think he may come back to the iron spider suit at the end - or a new suit all together (not black and red).

Na, I think it'll revert back to blue and red at the end. It seems all of these costumes are what he gets in Europe 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Heinous said:

Na, I think it'll revert back to blue and red at the end. It seems all of these costumes are what he gets in Europe 

Honestly, I could see the black and red suit sticking around, especially if this is the suit that it looks like he's designing in the trailers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator Genisys - now THAT spoiled the movie. (It was a crappy movie regardless, but I would've been kind of impressed by the twist had they not already given it away.)

Horror movies that show characters die. That's super spoilery. That's almost the entire reason you go to horror movies - to see who makes it & who doesn't, and to guess along the ride. Show who gets killed off in the trailers, and the only thing left is the gore & nudity. If that.

This spoils Endgame's ending, but if anything, makes Mysterio just look like a good guy/hero.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright this has been bothering me long enough- anyone have good ideas for Mysterio? I think I'm really only struggling with what to use for a chest piece. Everything else more or less is doable with the past comic Mysterios