UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man: Far From Home

bofox

The biggest thing that sucks about not getting FFH Minimates is that we're not getting, in my opinion, the best actor of this generation, Jake Gyllenhaal, in Minimate form.

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

The biggest thing that sucks about not getting FFH Minimates is that we're not getting, in my opinion, the best actor of thos generation, Jake Gyllenhaal, in Minimate form.

Agreed. It’s such a shame that we won’t get a Minimate version of Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio.

Hopefully this doesn't mean they'll start skipping more MCU movies. I just saw that Emma Watson is in the lead to star alongside ScarJo in Black Widow. I'm not sure who she could be playing, but it'd be cool to get a Minimate of Emma. And if it's a prequel, hopefully we get an MCU version of Red Guardian, which would be an awesome Minimate.

@DSTZach work some magic for us! I need a Gyllenhaal Mate. ? I know the suit is basically identical, that's not what I care about. I care about getting Jake Gyllenhaal as a Minimate! What about a 2 pack for Comic-Con? Red and Black Spidey suit with Mysterio PLEAAASE?

56 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Hopefully this doesn't mean they'll start skipping more MCU movies. I just saw that Emma Watson is in the lead to star alongside ScarJo in Black Widow. I'm not sure who she could be playing, but it'd be cool to get a Minimate of Emma. And if it's a prequel, hopefully we get an MCU version of Red Guardian, which would be an awesome Minimate.

@DSTZach work some magic for us! I need a Gyllenhaal Mate. ? I know the suit is basically identical, that's not what I care about. I care about getting Jake Gyllenhaal as a Minimate! What about a 2 pack for Comic-Con? Red and Black Spidey suit with Mysterio PLEAAASE?

Watch them release an SDCC two pack and not include an unmasked head 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, Nessex said:

So.... not sure if these are the official set names, but it looks like Lego has listed

Hide contents

Molten Man & Hydro Man as the characters in their FFH offerings?

Source with possible spoilers.

Too bad we're not getting the MCU Minimates versions of them.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Nessex said:

So.... not sure if these are the official set names, but it looks like Lego has listed

Hide contents

Molten Man & Hydro Man as the characters in their FFH offerings?

Source with possible spoilers.

Well I guess that explains 

the inclusion of Hydro-Man and Molten Man along with Mysterio in Wave 77.

Edited by CBMM1

I'm happy with the ones we're getting! They look really good. I'd just like to get the MCU versions. ? Especially Mysterio. Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my favorite actors and someone I never thought we'd get in Minimates form, then there was the possibility, and now it's gone!

All these people that say they no problem with movie minimates sure seem quick to jump in and say a comic version is good enough for them.

I was going to post something about Toyark saying DST had showed off a statue from FFH but looking closer I'm pretty sure they just confused Noir for the movie's stealth suit.

30 minutes ago, stack32 said:

All these people that say they no problem with movie minimates sure seem quick to jump in and say a comic version is good enough for them.

I have no problem with movie minimates. However, as a comic book fan, I vastly prefer a comic book variant of a character. That doesn't mean I despise moviemates for taking away opportunities at comic figures. I bought figures for every character that appeared in the Infinity Wars film. Just because we don't have a problem getting movie minimates doesn't mean that we don't like comic versions more.

Now, wherein the problem lies is how people continue to complain about not getting these characters in their movie variants despite the fact that DST made sure that fans could have the characters in one form or another in time for the movie's release.  I understand that you're frustrated that you aren't getting your MCU Spider-fix, but, and I cannot stress this enough, we are still getting brand new, updated variants of all of these characters. 

Trust me, I understand everyone's disappointment in not getting to have the figure you were looking forward to getting. I desperately want a Hercules figure that isn't the absolute worst minimate ever made, a Bishop and Ferro to round out the Aliens crew, and I wish I lived in the universe where DC minimates didn't get cancelled and I'm up to my knees in New Gods minimates. I really understand. However, I have moved on. We have all moved on. Sure sometimes we open back up the conversation to talk with some like minded individuals, but for the most part we've had our disappointment and continued to live our lives. I mean come on. They're toys. Albeit sophisticated and mature toys at that, but at the end of the day these are just action figures. There's no need for there to be so much negativity on this forum about TOYS. One of life's few incorruptible joys. Ever since the announcement of no new Spider-Man movie figures there's been this waft of negative energy and I'm tired of it. I don't want to see anymore empty complaints. And I get that absolutely nobody is going to listen to me on that, but if you all get to complain, then so do I. 

Also, I wouldn't take all those LEGO announcements to heart. The LEGO Group has a tract record with not being the most..... screen accurate. 

*cough* Iron Man 3 *cough* Captain America: Civil War *cough*

That's all. Thanks or indulging me. I'm very sorry if I offended anyone, but also just move on. It isn't that important. 

My earlier post was meant to point out that the names that Lego have given these characters are very different from what other sources have given them. 
I was originally under the impression that the villains were 

Spoiler

Hellfire, Hydron, Magnum, and Zephyr?

Edited by Nessex

Oh ya absolutely! I just wanted to point out that LEGO has been known to put things in their MCU-based sets that aren't entirely perfect representations of what's to be in the film, meaning that we shouldn't believe everything we see released by them. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Oh ya absolutely! I just wanted to point out that LEGO has been known to put things in their MCU-based sets that aren't entirely perfect representations of what's to be in the film, meaning that we shouldn't believe everything we see released by them. 

Personally I suspect that every single one of the Endgame sets are blatant lies in every way. 

3 hours ago, Heinous said:

The lego sets got my hopes up for shuma gorath appearing in doctor strange... 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  i love that lego set and i loved the movie......how did i totally miss that the one toy they made of the film was not in the film?!

i guess they didn't think a random scary looking guy was enough to sell legos.  i love that set.  i put the minimates in there and it makes a perfect display.

same with the arena from ragnarok.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, stack32 said:

I’m right there with what NerdyTrev said.

My comment was due to the fact that I prefer comic Minimates (and classic versions at that), which is a niche that doesn’t happen as much as I’d like. So when it does, like series 77 I’m absolutely ecstatic.

That doesn’t mean I’m not sorry that there won’t be any moviemates for this flick because I am. While I won’t miss them personally, I know others will. Just because it doesn’t affect me doesn’t mean I’m callous of others feelings. When people get stuff made that they want, that’s great! Even if I don’t want it.

• 4 weeks later...