Spider-Man: Far From Home

bofox

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo! But yes, I am referring to the

Spider-Man UK suit

and if that is in the movie, but we don't get a Minimate of it, I'll be bummed. Ugh! DST, figure something out! ??

16 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Woo! But yes, I am referring to the

Hide contents

Spider-Man UK suit

and if that is in the movie, but we don't get a Minimate of it, I'll be bummed. Ugh! DST, figure something out! ??

In all fairness, that toy really doesn't look like the comic costume. It just has some white piping 

Two Spider-Man feature films in a row that aren't getting much product overall. Did Far From Home have much of a presence at Toy Fair?

It's just hard to fathom Chuck passing on both these flicks. Then again, DST settled for the comic version of The Walking Dead and classic Star Trek in lieu of Abrams' reboot.

12 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Two Spider-Man feature films in a row that aren't getting much product overall. Did Far From Home have much of a presence at Toy Fair?

It's just hard to fathom Chuck passing on both these flicks. Then again, DST settled for the comic version of The Walking Dead and classic Star Trek in lieu of Abrams' reboot.

Based on a lot of coverage I've seen from Toy Fair, Far From Home had a limited presence by Hasbro and Funko announced the first five FFH POP's and 1 POP key chain.  Pretty underwhelming overall, but we may see more product after Avengers: Endgame gets released.

Edited by jjwspider

18 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I was thinking the same thing but the lack of product for Into the Spider-verse has me wondering.

Let's blame TRU.

I honestly think everyone got caught with their knickers down when it comes to into the spider-verse and no one was expecting the cultural impact the film has had.

Outside of a new title on the box, what would the movie really give us anyway? We've had the main characters multiple times in both comic and animated formats. I know there are some costume differences but I don't see much appealing there, I'm not really in the market for a fat loser Spider-Man.

On the other hand at least Far From Home would have had at minimum a boxset worth of figures that gave us something a bit fresh.

I’m with @stack32 except that it *might* be an access point for new fans/parents buying toys but they could still stumble on these at Walgreens. Far from Home has more accessibility and figure selection and who knows maybe they will actually do have stuff but can’t say anything because of an embargo ??‍♂️ 

20 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

... It... it could give us Spider-Ham...

The precious wonderful Spider-Ham.

That kinda makes me think. What if we were offered "Famous Firsts" waves? A wave for the premiere, new characters of the 70's, 80's and 90's? We could get a Spider-Ham packed with another Larval Earth character (maybe Captain AmeriCat? HulkBunny?) in the 80's wave. An updated classic Power Man and Iron Fist for the 70's wave. Characters like Darkhawk and Sleepwalker for the 90's. Even representations of the biggest stories from those eras would be appreciated. Just a thought I had. 

Not only Spider-Ham, but Peni Parker and her Sp//dr mech would be a nice addition.

Lady Doc Ock, Tombstone (still hasn't been made at all), Scorpion & Prowler were fresh takes as well. It's really their unmasked looks that are really unique and Miles had some cool suit variations through out the movie. I'm sure the sequel will probably have more product push from companies.

At the risk of derailing this thread (not that there's much to derail anyway...)

Here would be my Spider-Verse breakdown.

Box Set:

Miles (Main Costume + Hoodie), Spider-Man (w/ interchangeable Peter and Peter B. heads), Kingpin,  Prowler

Walgreens Wave:

Miles (Proto Suit w/ cape)/Peter B. Parker (sweatpants and trench coat)

Doc Ock/Gwen

Spider-Man Noir (w/ Spider-Ham little figure a la old Rocket)/Scorpion

Peni Parker/Tombstone

BAF: SP//DR

Edited by CBMM1