UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man: Far From Home

bofox

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Zach said, they simply don't have the license for it. It was separate from the rest of the MCU stuff, and their year is probably already stacked with a lot of Endgame-heavy merch. Couple that with trying to curb back on expenses probably due to their #1 buyer disappearing, maybe they just couldn't afford it.

I'm sure they wanted to make Spidey stuff, but it's not that they don't want to, it's that they can't at all. I don't think our outcry will make Chuck rethink a licensing deal, Zach's just trying to put a positive spin on it.

1 hour ago, Smashmaster12 said:

Like Zach said, they simply don't have the license for it. It was separate from the rest of the MCU stuff...

Just to be clear, all the MCU films require separate licenses. To your point, if DST is going to gamble on ONE Marvel property in 2019, it's going to be Endgame, especially if Walgreens at its 9,560 locations want to stock Endgame Minimates.

Looks like we got to change this thread to Spider-Man Far From Retail, bummer.  If he has a new suit for the third film, missing this crop of suits will activate the collector OCD of missing them.

If they are building up the Sinister Six then I think we have at least a chance to get a MCU Mysterio figure later. We skipped Spider-Man PS4, Into the Spiderverse and now Far From Home never thought that would happen.

Edited by RedTiger95

5 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

Like Zach said, they simply don't have the license for it. It was separate from the rest of the MCU stuff, and their year is probably already stacked with a lot of Endgame-heavy merch. Couple that with trying to curb back on expenses probably due to their #1 buyer disappearing, maybe they just couldn't afford it.

I'm sure they wanted to make Spidey stuff, but it's not that they don't want to, it's that they can't at all. I don't think our outcry will make Chuck rethink a licensing deal, Zach's just trying to put a positive spin on it.

If they're unable to make minimates for those reasons then minimates are already dead and we haven't figured it out yet.

4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Just to be clear, all the MCU films require separate licenses. To your point, if DST is going to gamble on ONE Marvel property in 2019, it's going to be Endgame, especially if Walgreens at its 9,560 locations want to stock Endgame Minimates.

Agreed it's why the pressure on DST should be for an online marketplace  or model like GiJoe/He-Man and also on Big Boxes like Walmart and/or Target or even DIsney to pick up the line in store because as much as I love the Walgreens team, I don't think they can keep this line afloat without "help". 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mattallica said:

I made my own

thumbnail_IMG_1534

still need to paint the white of his emblem

thumbnail_IMG_1531

the so called "stealth suit"

thumbnail_IMG_1533

thumbnail_IMG_1529

hhh

Great job, Mattallica. Those look amazing, especially the Red & Black Spider-Man.

What chest piece did you use for Mysterio?

Man, as much as I love waves 77 and 78, I'm still super bummed we're not getting anything for Far From Home. ?? @Mattallicawhat's the recipe for your customs? I might need to make my own now.

I only post from my phone, so maybe that's why I don't see that. Buuuut... I saw from another toy line (so it might not be real) that Spidey may have another suit. And if so, then this sucks even more. @DSTchuck Make something happen for this movie, please! ???

1 hour ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I only post from my phone, so maybe that's why I don't see that. Buuuut... I saw from another toy line (so it might not be real) that Spidey may have another suit. And if so, then this sucks even more. @DSTchuck Make something happen for this movie, please! ???

Are you talking about the

spider UK

outfit?