Spider-Man: Far From Home

bofox

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 

Boxset: Spidey, Hydroman, Happy, May

Walgreens: Spidey/Big Hydroman, Peter/MJ, Nick Fury/Mysterio, Another Spidey/Ned

Or do they skip the boxset, cut a Hydroman, a Spidey, Ned, and MJ

Trailer looks good!

The villains are The Elementals, and there are 4 of them (air, rock, fire, water). I am hoping that DST keeps the box set completely different like they did with Captain Marvel. So I am going to guess:

Walgreens: Spider-Man / Air Elemental, Mysterio / Water Elemental, Nick Fury / Fire Elemental, Peter Parker / Rock Elemental

Box set: Black Suit Spider-Man, Alternate version of Mysterio, Ned, Maria Hill (not in the trailer but confirmed for the movie)

It'll be interesting to see how this film does at the box office just months after Into the Spider-verse leaves theaters and Spidey is apparently resurrected in Endgame.

As for Minimates, I don't need another Happy or May. What I'd like to see is an oversized Hydroman BAF. 

I have no worries about the movie doing well, what I’m hearing is that the elementals are name Spider-Man characters, I don’t know if people consider who they are a spoiler, so I hope they get made, but I guess that depends on if they’re just stormcloud like all the time or if they take on a more human form at times. 

I think we can expect every Spider-Man suit that shows up in the movie. Mysterio could look cool if done right. What we saw of the villains in the trailer doesn't get me excited for minimates of them.

Also, I could do with never hearing the Spider-Man theme in a movie again.

Edited by stack32

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be some weird backstage shit going on here, the license has to be unavailable because there is no way dst would skimp on a damn spiderman movie, I may be grasping at nonexistent straws, but Zach only clarified no boxset or wave, in all fairness do we really need anything from this movie aside from the red and black suit and mysterio? I think this movie could be covered with a two pack but that seems unlikely 

27 minutes ago, FightTheDead118 said:

... in all fairness do we really need anything from this movie aside from the red and black suit and mysterio?

As much as I'd love supporting characters like Ned and MJ, and given the GIANT-SIZED baddies, I'm inclined to agree. I'd still prefer a 4-pack with both Spidey costumes, Mysterio, and Ned.

Nothing backstage that I know of. I imagine the year is crowded with Cap Marvel and Endgame. And it IS a separate license, so unless we're planning a full range of products including an action figure and multiple PVC Dioramas, it's not really worth it.

Not sure if Walgreens interest had much to do with it, but if there was no room in their planogram for it, I could see that being a factor.

Variant Spider-Man suits are great, but otherwise it's some kids, another Fury, some generic (?) elementals and a comic-accurate Mysterio. I'd rather have HydroMan and Molten Man than water dude and fire dude.

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

Either way, missing product from an MCU film after 22 consecutive films is really, really disappointing.

This is my biggest takeaway. After supporting the line for EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE. I am definitely upset by this. Especially given that Spidey is my favorite. 

37 minutes ago, CBMM1 said:

This is my biggest takeaway. After supporting the line for EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE. I am definitely upset by this. Especially given that Spidey is my favorite. 

Same here, while sometimes the movie waves don’t offer a lot that’s really new, it is fun having all the movie characters together in a display, it’s very strange to me that this one is getting skipped.