UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
MisterPL

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

 that’s 15 possible minimates w only 8 spots.

Nine spots if they do a BAF but, yeah, that's more than a few holes.

I'm happy to buy a third 4-pack to make my own Thor and Cap in Quantum Suits if it means opening up spots for other characters. (Like a Spider-Man in his Far From Home suit if it appears in Endgame.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

What I’d really like to know is why the biggest movie of the year w more than enough known content (there’s probably even more that we haven’t seen) for more releases is getting so little.

Totally speculating here, but I'm guessing that movie waves for the specialty market are a thing of the past. I don't think we've even gotten one since the last Avengers movie. Presumably orders haven't been high enough to justify them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That definitely seems to be the case. The movies have either moved to box sets or Walgreens waves. Infinity War got a specialty wave but if I remember correctly, that was only because that wave was supposed to go to TRU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 4-packs seem to be more specialty-friendly. They don't require retailers to order more than they need and the profit margin is better.

Unfortunately it doesn't allow for as many individual characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Then make another boxset for specialty or a SDCC exclusive boxset or a 2nd Walgreens wave. 

Customers having to beg for more Endgame releases just to cover the basics should never happen if a company is doing things right.

Edited by fwoosheyman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

so where is the Walgreens End game reveal?

^This^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this movie so fucking secretive? They didn't even tell us the stupid fucking title until December... It's obvious the Avengers are going back in time to make their own gauntlet to undo the snap! WE KNOW THE PLOT MARVEL. JUST SHOW THE FUCKING TOYS. By the way, this is not directed at DST or any of the toy companies, because it's not their choice. I know Marvel has ordered them to act all hush-hush about this movie. BUT WHY? FUCK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Nine spots if they do a BAF but, yeah, that's more than a few holes.

I'm happy to buy a third 4-pack to make my own Thor and Cap in Quantum Suits if it means opening up spots for other characters. (Like a Spider-Man in his Far From Home suit if it appears in Endgame.)

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaaah! Don't get me started on the FFH suit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Minimate said:

Why is this movie so fucking secretive? They didn't even tell us the stupid fucking title until December... It's obvious the Avengers are going back in time to make their own gauntlet to undo the snap! WE KNOW THE PLOT MARVEL. JUST SHOW THE FUCKING TOYS. By the way, this is not directed at DST or any of the toy companies, because it's not their choice. I know Marvel has ordered them to act all hush-hush about this movie. BUT WHY? FUCK.

Because the want their grand finale, the culmination of 22 films, to be a huge to surprise to every one? We may know (what we think is) the plot, but the general audience doesn't. They are playing it real cool if you ask me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed but does it matter when DST shows the Walgreens wave considering we won’t have access to it? I have only seen one set of Captain Carol and it’s April. I didn’t see Infinity War Wave 2 until the beginning of the year. At this rate I anticipate having Wave 78 in hand before I even see End Game in stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Minimate said:

Why is this movie so fucking secretive? They didn't even tell us the stupid fucking title until December... It's obvious the Avengers are going back in time to make their own gauntlet to undo the snap! WE KNOW THE PLOT MARVEL. JUST SHOW THE FUCKING TOYS. By the way, this is not directed at DST or any of the toy companies, because it's not their choice. I know Marvel has ordered them to act all hush-hush about this movie. BUT WHY? FUCK.

Jesus dude chill the fuck out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walgreens wave will be revealed soon, waiting to hear on-shelf date. Cap and Thor are coming, no need to buy multiple box sets for anything besides making Ant-Man and Hawkeye. Did I mention Hulk comes with a slim suit underneath so you only need two sets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Then make another boxset for specialty or a SDCC exclusive boxset or a 2nd Walgreens wave. 

Customers having to beg for more Endgame releases just to cover the basics should never happen if a company is doing things right.

At this point it's pretty clear that Minimates aren't a big priority for DST any more. I don't think it has anything to do with "doing things right" or not, but with the realities that: the figure line has been around for more than a decade; has never been more than a niche of a niche of a niche; and lost a major retail outlet with only minimal replacement. I don't want to say that we're lucky we're still getting Minimates at all, but....I don't know how else to finish that sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Walgreens wave will be revealed soon, waiting to hear on-shelf date. Cap and Thor are coming, no need to buy multiple box sets for anything besides making Ant-Man and Hawkeye. Did I mention Hulk comes with a slim suit underneath so you only need two sets? 

thanks for the update!  i think we all get excited in different ways.  so cap and thor confirmed.  that's two on my guess list i can confirm.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hellpop said:

At this point it's pretty clear that Minimates aren't a big priority for DST any more. I don't think it has anything to do with "doing things right" or not, but with the realities that: the figure line has been around for more than a decade; has never been more than a niche of a niche of a niche; and lost a major retail outlet with only minimal replacement. I don't want to say that we're lucky we're still getting Minimates at all, but....I don't know how else to finish that sentence.

i think you've hit the nail on the head.  when i first started collecting it was with the idea that i could customize anything i wanted.  then i got lazy.  then there were so many i didn't have to customize and instead it turned into a "gotta have them all' kinda thing.  since then i think i've only customized a few random ones.  i still buy loose pieces with the intention of customizing.....but i think i have to admit that i'll never get around to it.  maybe i'll put all those loose pieces in a box next to all of the gundams i never built.  :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t need more than two box sets, I guess that means Cap and Thor will be in quantum suits? 

If they are, I’d guess Rocket will be too, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m not sure if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed but does it matter when DST shows the Walgreens wave considering we won’t have access to it?

We do need those weeks of criticizing the lineup.

 

29 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I don't want to say that we're lucky we're still getting Minimates at all, but....I don't know how else to finish that sentence.

I think that's more true than most of us would like to admit. The line certainly doesn't seem healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stack32 said:

We do need those weeks of criticizing the lineup.

 

I think that's more true than most of us would like to admit. The line certainly doesn't seem healthy.

I think it’s healthy I just don’t see evolution.  This line could be everything if it was marketed correctly and distribution wasn’t as big of a hurdle as it currently is. We don’t do ourselves favours though whinging about being able to buy a wave online and then that line not selling out on Walgreens.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remember when we were brainstorming wave 100 and how DST should commemorate it? now it seems questionable that we might even see wave 80 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new trailer doesn't show orange anywhere on nebulas face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I think it’s healthy I just don’t see evolution.  This line could be everything if it was marketed correctly and distribution wasn’t as big of a hurdle as it currently is. We don’t do ourselves favours though whinging about being able to buy a wave online and then that line not selling out on Walgreens.com.

I just don't know what kind of "correct marketing" anyone expects. Minifigures aren't popular right now; vinyl toys are. That Minimates have outlasted all the other similar figures that once populated the collectibles market is pretty amazing. I don't think DST is blameless, or that they haven't made mistakes along the way, but by and large they've gotten as much out of the brand as could be reasonably expected.

1 hour ago, nandoninny said:

i think you've hit the nail on the head.  when i first started collecting it was with the idea that i could customize anything i wanted.  then i got lazy.  then there were so many i didn't have to customize and instead it turned into a "gotta have them all' kinda thing.  since then i think i've only customized a few random ones.  i still buy loose pieces with the intention of customizing.....but i think i have to admit that i'll never get around to it.  maybe i'll put all those loose pieces in a box next to all of the gundams i never built.  :(

 

Customizing has kept my interest alive in Minimates much longer than it probably would have lasted if I didn't customize. I go through waves of productivity, which correspond directly with how into Minimates I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel free to message me with low-cost marketing ideas, obviously there are certain restrictions we need to work within. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hellpop said:

At this point it's pretty clear that Minimates aren't a big priority for DST any more. I don't think it has anything to do with "doing things right" or not, but with the realities that: the figure line has been around for more than a decade; has never been more than a niche of a niche of a niche; and lost a major retail outlet with only minimal replacement. I don't want to say that we're lucky we're still getting Minimates at all, but....I don't know how else to finish that sentence.

Unfortunately I’m well aware DST is now a bust/statue company who just happens to make marvel minimates and Select figures. If Walgreens or Disney store didn’t want them anymore I’m sure they’d be dead.

I’m just not happy about and will go on voicing my opinion on it until the bitter end. 

If DST was making any sort of attempt to evolve minimates or be creative I’d be more understanding but things like@DSTZach just confirming that 2 of the 8 Walgreens mates are just Quantum suit Cap & Thor shows that DST isn’t even trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...