UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

13 hours ago, youbastards said:

Zach, can you clarify why Chuck insists the window has passed for Endgame?  Are there specific licensing dates that your product has to be released by?

We're not allowed to discuss the terms of contracts, but most licenses have a set period of validity. Movie periods may be shorter than others. 

Hot Toys, Funko, other companies don't seem to have to adhere to having Endgame product released by a certain date, so it's confusing to us consumers who want to buy more product and are told it's too late to make more.

I do not know what their terms are. Maybe Hot Toys can afford to extend their terms due to the price point of their items, lengthy development times, and the way they sell product. Funko can sell a Pop of anything at any time. And Hasbro is a master toy licensee. The way we sell product, it may not make financial sense to extend the license too far beyond the movie window, due to retailer interest. I'm sure that will be debated, but unless you're a retailer it's speculative. 

Can you also clarify if DST is moving away from future MCU product altogether, or is Far From Home unique?  We all know how much Chuck loves Spidey, so it is.really disappointing that FFH got skipped.  Did another company grab the 2" license out from under DST?

We are not moving away from MCU product. You'd have to ask Chuck why we did nothing from FFH. I do not believe it was due to another licensee, or you would have seen something by now, right? Sony licenses work differently than straight Marvel licenses. Not sure how Homecoming product did, either. We have some Spidey game stuff coming out around the same time period, so that may have affected the decision. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We are not moving away from MCU product... We have some Spidey game stuff coming out around the same time period, so that may have affected the decision. 

I'm happy to read both these things! I hope this means we're getting Spider-Man PS4 Minimates?

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, luke314pi said:

And just a heads-up, War Machine and Hulk are in the wrong labelled spots in the package on all sets.

4LAsiM8.jpg

Apparently they fixed this in the re-release.

What's odd is that instead of just modifying the name locations on the packaging, they manufactured a new tray???

Also swapped the War Machine helmet for Hawkeye's head.

FUjp6D5.jpg

Edited by youbastards

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Apparently they fixed this in the re-release.

What's odd is that instead of just modifying the name locations on the packaging, they manufactured a new tray???

Also swapped the War Machine helmet for Hawkeye's head.

FUjp6D5.jpg

I had forgotten these were being rereleased. 

On 11/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, youbastards said:

It was probably cheaper and quicker to make a new blister (vacu-forming isn't nearly as expensive as steel tooling) than to ditch packaging they already had approved by Marvel and possibly printed.

It seems more like it's a retailer interest vs. cost issue, a second release of something they've already designed, tooled, and produced would be much cheaper than a set of new tooling-heavy figures, and would need lower order numbers.

There are definitely lots of holes in the Endgame line, but I can't blame DST for not seeing the interest. It seems like even with the box office gross, Endgame's had much less cultural staying power than Infinity War. Even the "I see this as an absolute win" memes have dried up at this point.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

There are definitely lots of holes in the Endgame line, but I can't blame DST for not seeing the interest. 

I can.

Using control art, solicit preorders through Previews. If there are enough preorders, you manufacture the product. If not, you don't. No guesswork from retailers, just a minimum order quantity that's either met or not.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I can.

Using control art, solicit preorders through Previews. If there are enough preorders, you manufacture the product. If not, you don't. No guesswork from retailers, just a minimum order quantity that's either met or not.

Yeah, I am in full agreement. Solicit and see.

18 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Endgame's had much less cultural staying power than Infinity War. Even the "I see this as an absolute win" memes have dried up at this point.

For some reason, this pleases me in a melancholic sort of way. The world has moved on, and all seems as it should be. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, luke314pi said:

And just a heads-up, War Machine and Hulk are in the wrong labelled spots in the package on all sets.

4LAsiM8.jpg

Almost ancient history now ...sorry......but has anybody got spares of this set or have access to purchasing them ?  I have the re-run set but I am particularly interested in obtaining the packaged example above ( Hulk & War Machine in 'that' tray position).  As I'm solely after a packaged example I'm only interested in near mint examples . Thank you.