UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get the Endgame Minimate wave and put together my own customs. Love the wave which are always tough to get in the UK. Thanos is Really cool. Tell me what you think of my Thor and slightly modified Cap.

IMG_20190511_114410 3.jpg

54 minutes ago, Spider-Cyam said:

Managed to get the Endgame Minimate wave and put together my own customs. Love the wave which are always tough to get in the UK. Thanos is Really cool. Tell me what you think of my Thor and slightly modified Cap.

Both are looking good and pretty similar to what I wanted to do. Which beard is that on Thor?

2 hours ago, Spider-Cyam said:

Very nice !  How/where the hell have you obtained them ? :huh:

21 minutes ago, MJtheJuiceman26 said:

Via twitter:

551699937_ScreenShot2019-05-14at2_55_27PM.thumb.png.c0f428eb066e87fb97c1e4d54f43b768.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

satan's war boner?!?!

that is a great handle!!

i was just in arlington last weekend and i was so tempted to go to every walgreens we passed....glad i didn't piss off my wife for nothing.

and since i'm in houston i expect we'll be around the same time.  thanks for posting!

4 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Just saw a posting on ebay for an Endgame set. The seller wants $110.

There’s another set that has a top bid of $61.00 + $11.99 shipping with 2 and a half days left.

1 hour ago, ABC123 said:

There’s another set that has a top bid of $61.00 + $11.99 shipping with 2 and a half days left.

This is just disgusting. If Walgreens and DST could be more transparent on distribution I feel like people wouldn’t be able to get away with this nonsense.

7 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

This is just disgusting. If Walgreens and DST could be more transparent on distribution I feel like people wouldn’t be able to get away with this nonsense.

I agree. I mean I am happy to see these showing up on eBay, that means more ppl are finding them. But these prices are not cool. 

7 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Just saw a posting on ebay for an Endgame set. The seller wants $110.

That's crazy. Based on some of yesterday's sales I bet it's going to sell at that price too. I managed to grab a set for $55 which I'm happy with. Would have come out to $59 including shipping to Canada if I bought from Luke's if/once he gets these in stock. 

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

What sort of transparency are you looking for? Looks like Walgreens has answered a direct question with a fairly direct answer, but I'm not sure how many actually think to do that. As for us, DST has NO information on when they will make it to stores. Once we ship to them, they have their own internal distribution system we are not privy to. 

People will always pay what they want to pay, and it sounds like some are willing to pay a 50% markup to save themselves the search/wait. A 150% markup seems excessive, but I don't think greater transparency would change that. Only figures in stores will change that, and it sounds like that will happen very soon. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

What sort of transparency are you looking for? Looks like Walgreens has answered a direct question with a fairly direct answer, but I'm not sure how many actually think to do that. As for us, DST has NO information on when they will make it to stores. Once we ship to them, they have their own internal distribution system we are not privy to. 

People will always pay what they want to pay, and it sounds like some are willing to pay a 50% markup to save themselves the search/wait. A 150% markup seems excessive, but I don't think greater transparency would change that. Only figures in stores will change that, and it sounds like that will happen very soon. 

Hi Zach:

Understand this place hasn’t been extremely friendly lately but my post wasn’t meant to be taken as an attack. This is exactly the transparency I want. I want to be told the information in that tweet which I expect from Walgreens’ CSR team as I have worked with them in the past. Previously we have been getting vague answers instead of the reps using the internal coms sources to give us this kind of answer. Also, that stinks they don’t give you more of an idea on the distribution. 

People can pay what they want to but why I think transparency factors in is that people may feel like “they don’t have a choice” because they don’t know that actually it isn’t that you missed out it’s just that the figures actually aren’t out. Similar to how you gave me a heads up that Tombstone wasn’t out yet. 

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Hi Zach:

Understand this place hasn’t been extremely friendly lately but my post wasn’t meant to be taken as an attack. This is exactly the transparency I want. I want to be told the information in that tweet which I expect from Walgreens’ CSR team as I have worked with them in the past. Previously we have been getting vague answers instead of the reps using the internal coms sources to give us this kind of answer. Also, that stinks they don’t give you more of an idea on the distribution. 

People can pay what they want to but why I think transparency factors in is that people may feel like “they don’t have a choice” because they don’t know that actually it isn’t that you missed out it’s just that the figures actually aren’t out. Similar to how you gave me a heads up that Tombstone wasn’t out yet. 

Oh, and my post wasn't meant to be a counter attack! I wasn't sure what kind of transparency you were looking for, as this particular situation doesn't allow for much. Glad they gave you some concrete info.

That said, I think most people KNOW they have NOT missed them when they look online and only see a few for sale. I assume they simply don't want to miss out in the FUTURE, or simply cannot wait, which is why they're pulling the trigger now. But maybe I'm wrong. 

If you mean Hammerhead, then yes, he is not out yet. Later in 2019. I'd love a Tombstone! Character or pizza.

4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

that stinks they don’t give you more of an idea on the distribution. 

I don't get why they would. DST is a business that supplies product to another business, once the transaction is done, why would DST (from a businesses prospective) care how they get distributed. I know DST seems to care a bit more (or seems to with Zach constantly talking to us) but still doesn't make any sense to give follow ups on distribution 

On 5/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, nandoninny said:

i love the mods!  what'd you use for thor?  its killing me that you got them in the UK before i could find in texas

On 5/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, Gabriel said:

Both are looking good and pretty similar to what I wanted to do. Which beard is that on Thor?

On 5/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Very nice !  How/where the hell have you obtained them ? :huh:

Thanks, I used the beard from the Minimates Lord of the Rings line. Used Gandalf the White that had broken anyway so cut the beard from the hair as they're bigger than the Marvel ones and glued the beard to the Infinity War Thor head and painted it. The hair was a from the Jessica Jones netflix 4 pack Patsy Walker. I wanted to save the new Thor head from the Endgame line for my IW Thor Custom.

Still going to customise further with Thor to make him fatter and maybe try and paint a braid on and I've already made Barton look more like Endgame Ronin by shaving the hair down on the sides.

Also got the set posted from Indiana to the UK. It usually takes months before these come over here so bought them online for too much money but was hyped for the film so can feel bad about it later. 

Edited by Spider-Cyam