UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so miserable  it's depressing coming here because all I hear is "DST isn't doing this" "you did this wrong DST" your move, DST" "i can't believe DST isn't doing this" "the end is near" 

I love minimates, maybe it's because I don't collect the movie mates but you guy suck right now, hard. I can't wait for the x factor wave and the spidey wave. Geeze 

I'm looking forward to the X-Factor and Spidey waves too. They both look great.

However, the movie Mates are what I prefer. Isn't the point of this thread and forum, to voice our opinions and wants for these toys? Our opinion is that the toys for this movie aren't the best and we want better ones.

45 minutes ago, Heinous said:

You guys are so miserable  it's depressing coming here because all I hear is "DST isn't doing this" "you did this wrong DST" your move, DST" "i can't believe DST isn't doing this" "the end is near" 

I love minimates, maybe it's because I don't collect the movie mates but you guy suck right now, hard. I can't wait for the x factor wave and the spidey wave. Geeze 

Complaining about complaining is definitely going to get you the results you're looking for.

Massive potential spoilers

Days before seeing Endgame ....& I had completely blanked out any potential spoilers beforehand....I found myself explaining to a couple of guys ,half my age,  differences between Marvel movie characters/plots & many of the comic plots I have read over the years . I am NOT extensively knowledgeable regarding Marvel comics but I know full well that Steve Rogers ' Cap once 'died' ,Hulk has shared a consciousness(?) with Banner , Thor has gone on several 'benders' , Steve Rogers became old , Tony Stark has died several times etc. etc.

Those who have seen the movie will know how my limited knowledge panned out & ...........  Downey & Evans were out of contract with Marvel was perhaps the biggest spoiler ??

Great movie & TBQH  50 years of occasional Marvel comic reading spoiled nothing for me.

One character that I would've loved as a 'mate would be the big-gutted guy but somebody needs to design a decent Minimate beard accessory first .

You all have to remember that this movie was kept under wraps in different ways than the past MCU films. Even Hasbro pumped out grey team suits. That leads me to believe that all concept art showed that. You can hardly blame DST for that...

Honestly, Civil War Cap look just about the same as final battle cap... see this pic I posted on my Instagram last night...

ABDB3FF3-0DFF-4AC3-8B12-F0F798FA0452.jpeg

4 hours ago, MJtheJuiceman26 said:

If this is true then out of the 10 Walgreens around me only 2  have any chance of ever getting new minimates.

This is due to Walgreens never clearencing out old product or having any meaningful sales. They have sales on items such as marvel legends and good ones at that all the time. It’s their own mismanagement that has created this situation and is keeping them from selling new product.

10 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

This is due to Walgreens never clearencing out old product or having any meaningful sales. They have sales on items such as marvel legends and good ones at that all the time. It’s their own mismanagement that has created this situation and is keeping them from selling new product.

I agree with this...

I think the best strategy is to call and pester your Walgreens until they respond with the wave. 

After refreshing FB groups and eBay like crazy these past few weeks, I'm getting pretty antsy as a Canadian waiting for sets to become available. My relatives in NY also struck out looking for me. At this point I'd probably pay around $20 or so for the Quantum 2-pack. It's killing me having the whole team except for Cap and Rocket LOL.  

21 hours ago, Heinous said:

So why are you coming to the Endgame movie minimates thread?

I don’t think anyone is complaining in the X-Factor or Spider-Man threads.

Probably because DST delivered a solid product on those fronts.

27 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

Boom!

2 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

So why are you coming to the Endgame movie minimates thread?

Because people are posting where they are finding them in this thread. I want a Ronin to fill in for a comic ronin. I really like the Thanos and could use him as a default one. And I want rocket to customize into a DnA version to finally complete my team. I could have ordered an infinity war groot/rocket pack from Luke, as he got the TRU exclusives, but I didn't wanna take that pack from a collector that wants them for infinity war versions. So I'm not really a MCU collector, but sometimes the costumes are close enough to pass on my comic shelf. SORRY 

12 hours ago, minimatestopmotion said:

I called customer service and they said they couldn't locate any sets for ALL of NYC

I have been all over the island and I can’t find Wave 9, Cap, or End Game at this point. Hoping it was just a bad week. 

On 5/10/2019 at 8:15 AM, Planet_Of_The_Mates said:

You all have to remember that this movie was kept under wraps in different ways than the past MCU films. Even Hasbro pumped out grey team suits. That leads me to believe that all concept art showed that. You can hardly blame DST for that...

Honestly, Civil War Cap look just about the same as final battle cap... see this pic I posted on my Instagram last night...

I don't think anyone is faulting DST for using reference material that ended up different than the final movie versions but the fact that we can understand how it happened doesn't make the figures any more accurate or desirable, unless you have a concept art based collection.

Honestly, I can't believe it has to be explained to comic fans why a Cap without scale armor detailing isn't "just about the same" as one with it. It's one detail that makes a huge difference.

If that zero peg thing at Walgreens is true they're even more inept than I thought. I understand that selling toys isn't their focus but you would think they would still follow some inventory management best practices anyway.

Edited by stack32

4 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Can I just say, I'd kill for some MCU concept art Mates!

If you’ve got Raging Hulk from Ultron you do have one. He was gray in the concept art but not in the movie. 

3 hours ago, stack32 said:

In a sense you probably already have some. It actually might be kind of cool though. I'm sure there's a few things I would buy.

Oh yeah! Definitely, but Hot Toys, for example, did those concept art versions of Cap and Tony for the Marvel Studios 10 year anniversary, those would be dope to have as Mates. Or the Infinity War concept art for Cap where he wears the US Agent. I'm sure there's other cool stuff that I could find looking through my books, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

If you’ve got Raging Hulk from Ultron you do have one. He was gray in the concept art but not in the movie. 

Good point! (Also, it was really dumb as to why he wasn't grey in the movie. Because "audiences wouldn't get it." I feel it wouldn't need to be explained. They should've done it.)