UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

I'd say I'm mostly a movie collector, but Hasbro's comic figures have been killing it lately too. I love the recent Hercules figure especially.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok after having seen the movie, I would love to make a sticker kit right now, but I am way too busy to do it. However, I can include a few designs with my next Luke Crate later this summer. If you would be interested in stickers, please take the following poll (and note that I only included characters that could be made using stickers, so for example Korg is not included): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqgj_ye0mLg-92WLMGGlfHkDrQxU4LR40IFgqHsbCPqvzk2Q/viewform

37 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

Ok after having seen the movie, I would love to make a sticker kit right now, but I am way too busy to do it. However, I can include a few designs with my next Luke Crate later this summer. If you would be interested in stickers, please take the following poll (and note that I only included characters that could be made using stickers, so for example Korg is not included): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqgj_ye0mLg-92WLMGGlfHkDrQxU4LR40IFgqHsbCPqvzk2Q/viewform

voted!  thanks! 

Hey everyone, first time poster here. Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet but I just realized we won't need to buy more than one Cap/Thor and Rocket set. 

If you picked up two 4-packs, Hulk's head and armour using the extra War Machine body looks almost identical to the regular Hulk body. That frees up an extra Quantum suit for the Walgreens Thor head. 

Sorry if this has already been reported!

49 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Hey everyone, first time poster here. Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet but I just realized we won't need to buy more than one Cap/Thor and Rocket set. 

If you picked up two 4-packs, Hulk's head and armour using the extra War Machine body looks almost identical to the regular Hulk body. That frees up an extra Quantum suit for the Walgreens Thor head. 

Sorry if this has already been reported!

Even if it was, nobody needs to go reading through a bunch of pages just to find it. Thanks!

15 hours ago, MisterPL said:

After losing my job last week and just getting to see the movie last Sunday, I'm finally caught up with the dozen pages I avoided due to spoilers here.

Anywho, yeah, there's definitely another assortment worth of viable Minimates that could be offered. (Yet another example of why there should be two assortments for many new films; one for the movie release and another for home video.)

As a now-former Marvel licensee, I can attest that the style guides for product development did not show most of the characters/costumes that would make up such a post-release wave.

Reveal hidden contents

No Lebowski Thor, no Valkyrie, no Rescue, no Korg or Miek.

If there were assets, they were only made available to select licensees for whatever reason.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that PL.

18 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Buy them and sell them on Ebay or find other Board members that are looking for stuff. That's how I have been triggering restocks at my stores.

I would if I had the funds to buy them, but I have my money tied up in trying to buy a house so I can't buy a bunch of older mates and get stuck with them.  I mean one of the local Walgreens still has Ultimate Spider-man and Ultimate Electro from wave 1 of the animated line as well as tons of the wave 6 (Black Bolt/Medusa and two other packs) and we have never seen Wave 8 or 9.  However, we did see the 1,000,000 BC wave.

4 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I voted for the only one we REALLY need... I'll let you fill in the blanks.

6 hours ago, luke314pi said:

YES!!! That is awesome. Thanks Luke!

12 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

I threw it into the other section, but I would definitely use Wong with his goatee from IW/Endgame, or powered up faces for Thor and Scarlet Witch

Good ideas!

6 hours ago, CBMM1 said:

I put Instant Kill Mode Iron Spider in the "other" category. 

I never thought of that, but that could look really cool on a Minimate

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd love to get this version of Rocket's costume, but how would it work as a sticker?

I would make it fit the smaller Minimate torso, and unfortunately people would have to paint the rest. I would make the color match an existing brand of paint color if possible, to make it easier.

4 hours ago, JoeyCrypts said:

I put Rescue. Not 100% sure it could work but I was thinking using a spare iron legion from Age of Ultron as the base

I had a lot of write-ins for Rescue in the poll, but I'm not sure what the best base figure would be. Thoughts?

I added a spoiler tag in the title of this thread.  At this point, spoilers are inevitable with the level of discussion we are at.  The longer the film is out, the tougher it is to dance around details. Thanks for all the diligence so far. The gates are open.

59 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Dreadnought has a nice metallic blue, though it's a bit lighter than the Rescue armor looks.

The MvC Stealth Iron Man could also work. But I am torn on Rescue because I want to make sure I am including stickers that everyone will be able to use, and not just the people who have extras of these really old Minimates, or want to spend the money to buy them when they might be expensive...

Since spoilers have been allowed. Does anyone know what's a good hair piece for Endgame Captain Marvel? 

I was thinking the comic version of hers hair piece but I can't recall if she had the flowy faux hawk look.

Edited by RedTiger95

1 hour ago, RedTiger95 said:

Since spoilers have been allowed. Does anyone know what's a good hair piece for Endgame Captain Marvel? 

I was thinking the comic version of hers hair piece but I can't recall if she had the flowy faux hawk look.

Maybe original Starbuck from BSG?

Well, if we're opening the spoiler-gate...

I'm just now realizing that the team suits we got aren't even accurate to the ones in the movie. The Minimates have a dark, greyish-silver print while the movie has them wearing super bright almost white costumes. I'm not sure if anybody is going to have luck finding the Walgreens wave, but I suppose adding hair from Thor 2/AOU and the powerhouse chest from this Hulk is the closest we can get to an easy "Lebowski" Thor. 

I really wanted to see more from this movie, but it hurts knowing it's not going to happen. Even if we got a box set or something near the DVD release, it wouldn't be the Final Cap/Thor/Rescue/Valkyrie/etc. that people are begging for. I'm imagining Battle Damaged Thanos, Battle Damaged Iron Man, Tony in SHIELD soldier disguise, and a re-release of the same Captain Marvel. Am I the only one who just gets depressed thinking about Minimate releases instead of excitement for the future? ?

16 minutes ago, Smashmaster12 said:

I'm just now realizing that the team suits we got aren't even accurate to the ones in the movie. The Minimates have a dark, greyish-silver print while the movie has them wearing super bright almost white costumes.

That’s why I’m hesitant to buy the box set. The figures kind of just look meh. Like nothing interesting just some grey figures that don’t even resemble the movie.

1 hour ago, Smashmaster12 said:

.... Am I the only one who just gets depressed thinking about Minimate releases instead of excitement for the future? ?

Pretty soon all you will have is the depression of what has/hasn't been released.