UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

We're almost a year out from the demise of TRU and the effects are definitely starting to be felt in the line.

With newer licenses like Sonic, Bruce Lee, and Kingdom Hearts (and Castlevania?) not finding the retailer support they needed, DST needs to refocus on the lines that have been proven successes, Marvel, Alien, Predator, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. 

These have been the tent poles for the Minimates line for the last 5+ years since the demise of The Walking Dead and TMNT lines.  Refocus on these existing lines, keep new product coming, reissue some older characters where appropriate, and don't be afraid to get creative.

Since I mentioned TRU has been gone for almost a year, it's time to stop advertising TRU merch in the included Marvel poster.  Make a Checklist for Marvel Minimates being released in 2019, throw some "Coming Soon" prototype artwork on there or something, but stop wasting time, money, and effort marketing product that consumers physically can't go and purchase at retail anymore.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the way back to the office after visiting a local comic shop, stopped by a Walgreens and they had the Cap/Rocket, Ronin/Black Widow, and Hulk/War Machine sets. No IM/Thanos set. I picked up the 3 sets for my son who has been waiting on them and was more hyped after us finally seeing End Game last night.

These Minimates were done well before February. 

I don't think we have ever been shown what happens in the final scenes of a movie that far ahead. Maybe told, but rarely shown.

I am not required to interact with anyone here. Sorry if my responses seem avoid-ery, I am not avoiding anything. 

10 hours ago, youbastards said:

Since I mentioned TRU has been gone for almost a year, it's time to stop advertising TRU merch in the included Marvel poster.  Make a Checklist for Marvel Minimates being released in 2019, throw some "Coming Soon" prototype artwork on there or something, but stop wasting time, money, and effort marketing product that consumers physically can't go and purchase at retail anymore.

That's on me, I need to update cross-sell; I didn't realize TRU items were on there.  I need to invest time, effort; money will stay the same.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

These Minimates were done well before February. 

I don't think we have ever been shown what happens in the final scenes of a movie that far ahead. Maybe told, but rarely shown.

I am not required to interact with anyone here. Sorry if my responses seem avoid-ery, I am not avoiding anything. 

i've always wondered if being behind the scenes ruined the experiences for you guys.  these films have been such a freaking joy to watch over the past 11 years.   Do you still get surprised when you see the films?  

i've always been impressed and i appreciate your interaction with the fans and the askdst columns (even though most of the 'questions' just seem to be people's wish lists).  so i personally want to thank you for that.  i know it takes time away from other things.  i can imagine some comments can be discouraging.  it reminds me of one writer's advice which said 'never read the reviews'.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Um, yes, we made that agreement that time in that place when we were drinking and you assured me it was all quite official. :P

I have the set but I haven’t seen the movie. Finally get to see it tomorrow. With that being said I think the minimates are good. If you get two sets it lets you display 7 different characters and if you get the full set of Walgreens you could use that Hulk and use the pieces from the 2nd 4 pack set to make Thor so you wouldn’t have to buy another raccoon set. I think if you like movie minimates it’s a great set with lots of options and they are in very different outfits than the past movie minimates.

9 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Endgame wave 2 Pops (spoilers)

sigh.....? sure would make a nice wave/boxset along w a few others.

So Funko still sees good sales even sometime after the movie?

Was just coming here to mention this!

Your move Diamond!

22 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I really was hoping we'd get a Rescue. 

hell yeah.  but again, there was a lot of potential figures that could have come from this movie.  my hope would be for her to show up in the future.  some of the outfits we can get in later movies.   i really wish there were a wave II of this though.  i'll just focus on/worry about getting wave 1 for now though.

Edited by nandoninny

18 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

its not really fair to compare DST to Hasbro and Funko though

Hasbro is  huge company with tons of money behind them and funko has competent people whom listen to their fans working for them ?

That shade!

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

its not really fair to compare DST to Hasbro and Funko though

Hasbro is  huge company with tons of money behind them and funko has competent people whom listen to their fans working for them ?

i would say funko just has more money/resources and leave it at that.  

Whatever all the reasons are it is interesting to see the different approaches to the same license, especially since it used to be DST that would thoroughly cover a movie and Hasbro would make a couple figures and be done.