UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

Spoiler

IMG_19492.png.230823644038b7363cfab2458235c5f2.png

I also tried to use Blob's chestpiece, but the beard won't fit on that body. 

So I customized this. With correct paint apps, storm breaker, and the Endgame Thor head, we could get something a little more accurate to what we saw in the movie. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the movie last night and I loved it! I do wish we could have gotten some other characters/looks but so much of the movie was a spoiler so I’m not surprised DST didn’t/couldn’t make certain looks. I would love to get a second wave though.

If anyone has any luck finding an extra set of the Walgreens wave I would love to purchase them ??

5 hours ago, ampirius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So I customized this. With correct paint apps, storm breaker, and the Endgame Thor head, we could get something a little more accurate to what we saw in the movie. 

Man, that is spot on! 

Spoiler

You painted the beard, right?

So, I watched Endgame, again and here's what I have to say about it and what I would want as a wave 2 if we ever got one.

This movie, after watching it twice, is AMAZING. 10/10, and pretty much my favorite MCU movie next to Winter Soldier and Infinity War. The original six in this movie, did such a great job and Endgame does amazing work with their stories. I'm also very appreciative on how they do a lot of callbacks and scenes that we can recreate with our new and old MCU minimates. If you thought you weren't gonna ever use a certain figure in your MCU stash, think again! The Russos, Feige, and the cast did so well with this movie that it truly is a love letter to us the fans. Especially the ones who had started with Iron Man 1 and stuck by from then till now. 

Now then, onto my wishlist for Wave 2 of Endgame mates. I know we're not getting a wave 2, but here's just what I think would be great to get. 

Spoiler

Bearded Thor with a gut and his Endgame costume

Scale armor Cap

Rocket with his comic accurate suit

Rescue armor Pepper

Valkyrie with her new suit and maybe a Pegasus (like how we got Ant-Thony from Antman boxset)

Bulky War Machine

and an Outrider or one of those Chitauri Giant Dogs (https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Chitauri_Giant_Dogs)

With the Rescue armor Pepper and updated Valkyrie we could have an A-Force set with our mates from the other waves! That's insane! Scale armor Cap with maybe a broken shield, only because the fight scene with him and Thanos was insane! Bearded Thor with the gut because it would be a TOP seller. Bulky War Machine because he deserves it especially since his last suit that he uses is pretty reminiscent to Iron Patriot colors. Rocket with his new suit because it could be used a comic and mcu version!  

So that's what I'd choose if we were to get a wave 2. I know some of them are pretty unlikely especially since we won't get a Wave 2, but it's fun to hope for it. Other than that, the boxset and the wave that we did receive does pretty well for what we got. The quantum suits aren't accurate in color, but I'm still glad we got them with all the characters that are actually shown in the movie with them. The Ronin and Black Widow suits look great and I've already got a couple scenes that I'd love to shoot with them, same for the armored Thanos! I'm also really happy that they included Stormbreaker this time. Now I still haven't actually gotten any of these mates in hand yet, however from all the pics of them that are floating on IG and here, I think they're great! 

Now to actually find them all in the wild. I checked 10 Walgreens here in Las Vegas, just today. 10 different ones and none of them had even a hint of this wave. :P

Edited by ampirius

Maybe DST has a secret wave 2 and just can't tell us for spoiler reasons and will reveal it at SDCC. Haha! pipe dream I know. 

It sucks that they can't go back and make more stuff after the initial releases like Hasbro and Funko can.

Edited by RedTiger95

20 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

Maybe DST has a secret wave 2 and just can't tell us for spoiler reasons and will reveal it at SDCC. Haha! pipe dream I know. 

It sucks that they can't go back and make more stuff after the initial releases like Hasbro and Funko can.

Would LOVE this to be true.  

On 4/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, ampirius said:
  Hide contents

Mate. That’s tremendous. 

I gotta say, I am not a fan of how this movie wave was handled.

I feel like the decision to do the quantum suits, that have minimal screen time, was more a cash-grab business decision than fan service.

I believe most people would gladly trade all of those QS figures in for the epic, final battle costumes of Thor, Cap, Rocket, Pepper, etc., etc.

And I know the response will be that DST did not have access to that concept art, but I’d counter and say that I think most fans would happily wait six months for a wave that accurately portrayed the movie.

Granted, these characters may be announced down the road, but until then they just seem like massive holes in MCU collections.

Not releasing them has pretty much convinced me not to buy any of the movie mates because I don’t like having gaps in my collection.

The movie was super good.  I think DST was working with what they had.  A lot of other companies focused on the Quantum suits, but, yeah, a lot of missed opportunities here.  A lot.  I would love to see screen accurate takes on Cap, Rocket, War Machine, and Thor.

I understand that DST had only concept art to work with and could only make what they knew. It seems all the licenses did, if you look at what companies like Funko/Hasbro released it’s all the same.

The problem is the other companies will keep going and will make the rest eventually, DST just moves on.

However, they only move on when it comes to minimates, which makes it even more frustrating. Look at what/when DST releases for statues, Select, diorama, etc. They release stuff way after the movie and currently they are still making items from BP, Ragnorak, Infinity War, etc.

Different licenses may end at different times but if there’s any movie worth sticking with it’s Endgame, especially with how much could be made. Maybe it’s time for DST try something new, they might find they’ve been wrong and there’s still money to be made. 

Edited by fwoosheyman

They also fumbled with Thor. We didn't get the definitive versions of him from Infinity War or Endgame. The Infinity War figure we got didn't have the eye patch. No Stormbreaker or new suit version released. 

Then we finally got the Stormbreaker and the correct head but it came with his Quantum suit. 

And obviously his Endgame look but it's understandable since it would be a spoiler, a later released wave would've helped that though. Just a very confusing situation.

Edited by RedTiger95

They could make some comic version of Thor later on similar to his movie look.

Maybe an Anniversary Boxset like they did with all the Iron Man suits and had the exclusive Pepper Potts. Just do that again but with Alts of characters everybody wants.

and then Genie after you granted my wish, we can move on to Star Trek TNG...

The problem is the other companies will keep going and will make the rest eventually, DST just moves on.

However, they only move on when it comes to minimates, which makes it even more frustrating. Look at what/when DST releases for statues, Select, diorama, etc. They release stuff way after the movie and currently they are still making items from BP, Ragnorak, Infinity War, etc.

Different licenses may end at different times but if there’s any movie worth sticking with it’s Endgame, especially with how much could be made. Maybe it’s time for DST try something new, they might find they’ve been wrong and there’s still money to be made. 

I would think this is especially applicable now since the MCU is slowing down for a while. After Spider-Man (which DST isn't worrying about) there's going to be a big gap with no new movies. Seems like it would be a good time to fill in the gaps from the most anticipated and likely highest grossing MCU movie ever.

Personally, if they do end up going to older movies (which is pretty much zero chance but since we're dreaming) I'd love to see a final armor WHIPLASH, the missing asgardians (warriors 3?) and the creatures from Infinity War that attack wakanda at the end there.  that would be cool.  then the ENDGAME character/costumes that got passed up.  that could be a few lines in itself. 

While we're on this topic, and maybe a better question for Zach, but is it possible to make 'mates from past movies, and if not then why? Hasbro had a great run with the 10 year figures and they seemed fairly sought after. Seems odd to me that DST wouldn't try and capitalize in the same way. Maybe not full-fledged but con exclusives or even specialty store boxsets for all us die hards...

Apparently the Marvel movie licensing is a by-movie deal (which is why they’re skipping Spider-Man). To make products from older movies they’d have to reacquire the license which they don’t see as worth it. I’m not sure how that works in relation to the statues from past movies, though.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but based on what I’ve read the missing looks and characters I’d like to see from Endgame have a pretty good chance of reappearing in future James Gunn and Taika Waititi films.

11 hours ago, DDM said:

Mate. That’s tremendous. 

Thank you! I tried to find something similar and even messed around with alternate body parts.

8 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

I understand that DST had only concept art to work with and could only make what they knew. It seems all the licenses did, if you look at what companies like Funko/Hasbro released it’s all the same.

Well it's still possible for them to do a wave 2. I believe Zach said that there won't be any other waves this year when it comes to Endgame, but crossing our fingers, maybe they'll have one coming early next year after Christmas. I know it's not likely, but maybe if we voice our opinions enough and let DST know that we want another wave and we're willing to dish out for them, they'll do it? Here's to hoping so. 

I love minimates so much, especially the MCU minimates, and I'm kind of sad that DST hasn't really said anything about another wave yet. The MCU mates are  the only ones I really collect and it'd be sad to not get another wave for the biggest Avengers movie ever. I mean they just announced that Endgame broke the $1.2 Billion mark on it's opening weekend. This is a HUGE event and DST would make a load if they did wave 2.