UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, bofox said:

Anyone have any ideas for a good hairpieceĀ for Hawkeye? Daken's seems a little large and not totally accurate as only the sides of his head are shaved.

The M'Baku hair piece.

8 hours ago, Heinous said:

So is there only no post credit scene? Or nothing after the movie ends? No mid credit scene?Ā 

I'd stay through the mid credits since the credits themselves are a tribute to each MCU actor and are emotional on their own. But once you see credits you have seen every scrap of movie this movie has.

The official imageĀ of the Endgame Walgreens sets were released today, if anyone is interested.

EndgameWGWave.jpg

Still a shame that we didnā€™t get a Scalemail Captain America or an Stormbreaker Thor, but itā€™s not difficult to customize those.

Ā 

Edited by ABC123

2 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

After seeing the movie Iā€™ve got to agree w @minimatestopmotionĀ there is so much good stuff that DST could make. TheyĀ are leaving tons of money on the table.

Something has to be up we donā€™t know about with no second wave at walgreens despite no other waves for the rest of the year.Ā 

I doubt it. They seemed to have gone off concept art like they always do, same with Hasbro. Though Hasbro is more likely to go back and do others.Ā 

13 hours ago, minimatestopmotion said:

Just got out of the movie. Without spoiling anything, first off best movie ever. Secondly, I donā€™t know if DST did not have the sources to do so, but I feel like there were a lot of missed opportunities. I really wish they could make a second wave or something along those lines.

I agree - coming out of it, I was like where is this? Or that? I'm glad to be able to build all the different teammates in their quantum suits though. Things I wish we could get:

Spoiler

Scruffy Thor head for his quantum suit

Final battle Thor and Cap suits

An Iron Man infinity gauntlet - regular and Hulk/Thanos sized

Ā 

I just got my box sets from Luke.Ā  I already have them on display and only wish I had the Walgreen's sets to add to them.

I had a hard time getting the shoulder parts off of Hulk but finally got them to pop off.Ā  I have not seen the movie, but I wanted an Iron Man in the Quantum Suit so I popped the gun off of the War Machine and used an Iron Man mask from the IW Iron Man.Ā  I have it displayed off to the side of my other that are official.Ā  I could customize Thor and Captain America if I wanted to, along with Captain Marvel all in Quantum Suits but will hold out hope I get the Walgreen's sets.

46 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

I just got my box sets from Luke.Ā  I already have them on display and only wish I had the Walgreen's sets to add to them.

I had a hard time getting the shoulder parts off of Hulk but finally got them to pop off.Ā  I have not seen the movie, but I wanted an Iron Man in the Quantum Suit so I popped the gun off of the War Machine and used an Iron Man mask from the IW Iron Man.Ā  I have it displayed off to the side of my other that are official.Ā  I could customize Thor and Captain America if I wanted to, along with Captain Marvel all in Quantum Suits but will hold out hope I get the Walgreen's sets.

years ago i made an agreement with my LCS to always have any Marvel minimates ordered for me.Ā  they're a big shop (6 locations) so its never been a problem.Ā  for some reason they didn't order any of these.Ā  I expressed my disappointment to them.Ā  first time they let me down........Ā  :(Ā  they say they've ordered them for me now

i should have ordered from Luke........

i can't wait to see the movie tomorrow and then hunt for some minimates!

10 hours ago, Heinous said:

I doubt it. They seemed to have gone off concept art like they always do, same with Hasbro. Though Hasbro is more likely to go back and do others.Ā 

As will Funko too, I'd imagine. So that begs the question why no retconning for all these fantastic new looks... This, along with the complete lack of anything for Far From Home really has me curious.Ā 

4 hours ago, bofox said:

As will Funko too, I'd imagine. So that begs the question why no retconning for all these fantastic new looks... This, along with the complete lack of anything for Far From Home really has me curious.Ā 

You can be curious, Iā€™m going to be shitting myself. The only thing I can think of is that Walgreens didnā€™t order more because the pegs are clogged. I went to a store on the UES that had Thor, Black Panther, infinity war, Animated Wave 8 & 9 sets and it made me pause for a moment.

10 hours ago, slipstream said:

I agree - coming out of it, I was like where is this? Or that? I'm glad to be able to build all the different teammates in their quantum suits though. Things I wish we could get:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Scruffy Thor head for his quantum suit

Final battle Thor and Cap suits

An Iron Man infinity gauntlet - regular and Hulk/Thanos sized

Ā 

Also:

Spoiler

Fat Thor

Valkyrie in her final suit

Outrider

Powered-Up Captain Marvel w/ short hair

Pepper in the Iron Man Suit

Some of Iron Man's suit attachments

Maybe Cap's broken shield

The Quantum Realm helmets

and so, so much more.

Ā 

Also, Hawkeye's, Tony's, and Nebula's look are just way different in the movie than in Minimate form which is a little disappointing.

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

You can be curious, Iā€™m going to be shitting myself. The only thing I can think of is that Walgreens didnā€™t order more because the pegs are clogged. I went to a store on the UES that had Thor, Black Panther, infinity war, Animated Wave 8 & 9 sets and it made me pause for a moment.

Walgreens really buggered themselves with the single SKU. Those shouldā€™ve all been discounted months ago.Ā 

43 minutes ago, minimatestopmotion said:

Also:

Ā  Hide contents

Fat Thor

Valkyrie in her final suit

Outrider

Powered-Up Captain Marvel w/ short hair

Pepper in the Iron Man Suit

Some of Iron Man's suit attachments

Maybe Cap's broken shield

The Quantum Realm helmets

and so, so much more.

Ā 

Also, Hawkeye's, Tony's, and Nebula's look are just way different in the movie than in Minimate form which is a little disappointing.

Ā 

Ā 

I would love all that! If DST could make another wave for this movie like they did with Infinity War, Iā€™m sure weā€™d be able to get a lot of this stuff. But I do think itā€™s mainly because of how Marvel didnā€™t release a lot of the info of Endgame for spoilers sake. DST was probably only given certain concept art in order to not spoil anything for the movie. Which sucks because we missed out on a lot of great figs!Ā 

And weā€™ve seen this in the past with other movies as well. For example, Thor Ragnorak. It would have been badass to get characters and costumes that were in the final movie that werenā€™t shown in concept art and trailers. It wouldā€™ve been so cool to have gotten a Fenris Wolf and a Pegasus for Valkyrie. I just think that Marvel doesnā€™t reveal a lot of things ahead of time and thus DST doesnā€™t get the info in order to make a movie accurate wave. Idk, just some thoughts.Ā 

Maybe DST can make a new formula for their figures and their initial 2-pack waves can be all the stuff that is revealed to them before the movie, and then they do a 4-5 pack box set of things that they didnā€™t make that they would want to do.Ā 

Saw the movie earlier and I gotta be honest, I'm disappointed with what we did get. Because there were some dope ass looks in the movie! I'd love a second wave or box set, but I don't see it happening. Minimates seem to be on a downward slope...

Watched the movie today, and when I got home from the theater, my Endgame boxsets showed up. A decent selection of figures in the boxset.Ā I think they could have thrown in the Capt. America/Thor-Rocket Raccoon Walgreens set into the boxset and make it a real Quantum Suit boxset.

Yeah, after hunting down the Walgreens sets, I think Iā€™ll be done from buying anymore movie Minimates for the foreseeable future. I onlyĀ collect the movie Minimates in the first place,Ā I have collected every single movie MinimateĀ since the first Iron Man set, and these box sets just donā€™t seem worth it to me anymore. Plus, ever since TRUā€™s closing,Ā Itā€™s always been a hassle for me finding the Walgreens sets because I donā€™t have that many Walgreens near me and they all have the worst selection of Minimates in stock.

55 minutes ago, WookieFodder said:

i think the suits look cool.

War Machine could be a little bulkier.

An Outrider is what I would've want added somehow.

Ā 

Can we start a fundraiser for a second wave or boxset? Maybe they'll revisit somehow like 1 year anniversary?

Ā 

Letā€™s do a fundraiser! Or maybe @DSTZachĀ can take our money now as a pre-preorder of wave 2? Haha

Too bad the buyers from Walmart or Target don't jump on exclusive movie box sets in their "memorabilia/collectors" department timed for DVD/Blu-Ray releases. The box set would feature looks and characters that are integral to the film but couldn't be released in the concept based Walgreen and LCS sets.