UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

2 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

4 pack of (redacted, redacted, redacted & redacted)

walgreens wave of:

- redacted/redacted

- redacted/redacted

-  redacted/redacted

-  redacted/redacted

It's fucking cancelled? Is this the end of mini fucking mates?

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we didn't get Minimates for Endgame and we're not getting them for Far From Home, I'd probably cry. Also, seems pretty dumb that the biggest Avengers movie yet is only getting as many spots as Captain Marvel got 

43 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

If we didn't get Minimates for Endgame and we're not getting them for Far From Home, I'd probably cry. Also, seems pretty dumb that the biggest Avengers movie yet is only getting as many spots as Captain Marvel got 

Yeah, I'd get suicidal. I hate the way they are marketing Endgame.

We’re getting endgame stuff, we haven’t seen it yet because we’re not supposed to yet, we weren’t supposed to see any of this stuff from any companies yet, except for lego, I think they get special exceptions, I’ve heard march 31st rumored as the date companies can start revealing stuff and apparently thats also the street date for most things

13 minutes ago, FightTheDead118 said:

We’re getting endgame stuff, we haven’t seen it yet because we’re not supposed to yet, we weren’t supposed to see any of this stuff from any companies yet, except for lego, I think they get special exceptions, I’ve heard march 31st rumored as the date companies can start revealing stuff and apparently thats also the street date for most things

They've made the right choice... 

But Marvel is annoying me with how secretive they're being... It was not wise on their part to annoy me.

3 minutes ago, Minimate said:

They've made the right choice... 

But Marvel is annoying me with how secretive they're being... It was not wise on their part to annoy me.

Why? They gonna lose your $10's to see the movie out of the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are already going to make?

Chill out. Be patient.

12 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Why? They gonna lose your $10's to see the movie out of the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are already going to make?

Chill out. Be patient.

Hundred thousand range? Try four more zeroes. Anyway, the money isn't my point. I'll still see it and buy all the toys because I'm a little bitch.

BUT.... it wasn't wise to annoy me because I will send them angry emails and instead of giving 9/10... I might give 8.5 or even 8.

47 minutes ago, Minimate said:

Hundred thousand range? Try four more zeroes. Anyway, the money isn't my point. I'll still see it and buy all the toys because I'm a little bitch.

BUT.... it wasn't wise to annoy me because I will send them angry emails and instead of giving 9/10... I might give 8.5 or even 8.

Who does that help though? Rating something lower out of spite and out of context helps no one and just makes the people working on the project or the toys think that there is less interest and pushed the toyline closer to cancellation. 

1 hour ago, Minimate said:

Re-read. I said HUNDREDS of thousands.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Who does that help though? Rating something lower out of spite and out of context helps no one and just makes the people working on the project or the toys think that there is less interest and pushed the toyline closer to cancellation. 

I'm talking about Avengers: Endgame reviews on imdb, my dude. I still support the toys hard af because they are awesome.

1 hour ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Re-read. I said HUNDREDS of thousands.

And I said hundred thousand range which applies to anything between 100,000 and 999,999. This is a pointless thing to argue about though and I don't want to, I'm just stoned out of my mind and getting pissed at Marvel for fucking with me. 

When I was a kid, I saw this space movie back in 1977. It was really cool and ended up being pretty popular. I couldn't wait to buy the toys but there weren't any yet. I had to wait almost another year before the figures hit but when they finally did, it was pretty special.

53 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

When I was a kid, I saw this space movie back in 1977. It was really cool and ended up being pretty popular. I couldn't wait to buy the toys but there weren't any yet. I had to wait almost another year before the figures hit but when they finally did, it was pretty special.

Thanks, PL. Doesn't seem to be any patience in this new world. Just "gimme gimme gimme" and "me me me."

On 3/17/2019 at 2:06 AM, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Didn't the same happen with the Captain Marvel mates? I don't even remember seeing official shots of the Captain Marvel mates. DST just slacks on the movie waves in that sense.

There was a whole press release with images sent out about Captain Marvel. It was on Marvel.com, our blog and numerous others. 

There will be one about Endgame when we are allowed to show them, nobody has officially revealed anything.

I understand that retailers want to take full advantage of the hype surrounding a film's release but there's something to be said for pent-up demand as well.

Also, I'd rather see a product line based on overall demand than one that's developed from speculation well before a film's release.

Sure, it's a safe bet that consumers who enjoyed the latest Spider-Man movie are going to want Spider-Man product based on his appearance in that film. But as an action figure collector, I'd rather wait and get a full assortment than miss out on characters like Rhino.

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

There was a whole press release with images sent out about Captain Marvel. It was on Marvel.com, our blog and numerous others. 

There will be one about Endgame when we are allowed to show them, nobody has officially revealed anything.

I honestly don't remember that for the wave. I do remember shots for the 4 pack. But I remember seeing the Walgreens wave showing up in stores before pictures were shown yet.

I assume you can't show anything till March 31st?

11 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I honestly don't remember that for the wave. I do remember shots for the 4 pack. But I remember seeing the Walgreens wave showing up in stores before pictures were shown yet.

I assume you can't show anything till March 31st?

Apparently that's when Endgame merch is hitting shelves, so it makes sense.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

yeah, i remember all of us being surprised when they hit walgreens -- in fact, i remember asking someone to at least tell us the lineup since they couldn't post pics.  i think they hit earlier than expected.  i do remember the press release too but it was a few days after i'd found a complete set.

i'm trying to remember if infinity war was the same way.

i remember finding sets and not being able to buy them.  that sucked.  ?

anyways, just take this as excitement on our end.  

2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

yeah, i remember all of us being surprised when they hit walgreens -- in fact, i remember asking someone to at least tell us the lineup since they couldn't post pics.  i think they hit earlier than expected.  i do remember the press release too but it was a few days after i'd found a complete set.

i'm trying to remember if infinity war was the same way.

i remember finding sets and not being able to buy them.  that sucked.  ?

anyways, just take this as excitement on our end.  

The first Infinity War series leaked on ebay a while before it was revealed, the second wave didn’t and took forever to pop up everywhere