UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man PS4

Heinous

As far as the game goes, I'm a little over halfway complete. I'm super stoked on more of this. And I want minimates of damn near everyone and most of the bonus costumes.

In particular I want the Spirit Spider and the Dark Suit. They're just so... bizarre.  And I'll take one of each of the Sinister Six.

What costume does everyone use as their primary? I mostly use the Vintage Comic Suit just because of how... just weird it looks.

21 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

As far as the game goes, I'm a little over halfway complete. I'm super stoked on more of this. And I want minimates of damn near everyone and most of the bonus costumes.

Hide contents

In particular I want the Spirit Spider and the Dark Suit. They're just so... bizarre.  And I'll take one of each of the Sinister Six.

What costume does everyone use as their primary? I mostly use the Vintage Comic Suit just because of how... just weird it looks.

I keep switching what I use, I goes back and forth from Ben Reilly and the classic design 

On 9/13/2018 at 6:52 PM, Heinous said:

It grows on you in the game, but you unlock his classic outfit almost immediately too. I don't need a figure of it though 

I assumed that would be the case. I just get a little disappointed when there's a chance to create a cool new costume and it ends up mediocre. It would also have to be included if they made any minimates based on the game since it's the core of the marketing. It's even getting an ML figure.

I wonder if DST would even be interested in making minimates based on the game? The problem is they have made or can make practically all the Spider-Man costumes in the game and some of the villains. I can see why they might hesitate to spend extra money on the licensing even though the tech-heavy redesigns of the classic villains are generally appealing and would make cool minimates.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

I assumed that would be the case. I just get a little disappointed when there's a chance to create a cool new costume and it ends up mediocre. It would also have to be included if they made any minimates based on the game since it's the core of the marketing. It's even getting an ML figure.

I wonder if DST would even be interested in making minimates based on the game? The problem is they have made or can make practically all the Spider-Man costumes in the game and some of the villains. I can see why they might hesitate to spend extra money on the licensing even though the tech-heavy redesigns of the classic villains are generally appealing and would make cool minimates.

I posted this in the thread for the game itself, but:

"I am also curious to see when/if the MiniMates for this game get revealed. When I asked Chuck if these were happening (or even could possibly) at the MiniMates panel at SDCC, he gave a sly "No comment." So...take from that what you will..."

On 9/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, stack32 said:

The costumes from the comics are given more details like piping and different textures that really make them pop more. It'd be a cool way to get old costumes updated in minimates 

On 9/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, Heinous said:

The costumes from the comics are given more details like piping and different textures that really make them pop more. It'd be a cool way to get old costumes updated in minimates 

I get what you're saying but looking at pics of the costumes it seems like a tough sell. Scarlet Spider with seams on his pants? A slightly different Negative Zone Spidey? Big Time with shoulder pads? If you already have those in your collection those aren't very appealing.

15 hours ago, stack32 said:

I get what you're saying but looking at pics of the costumes it seems like a tough sell. Scarlet Spider with seams on his pants? A slightly different Negative Zone Spidey? Big Time with shoulder pads? If you already have those in your collection those aren't very appealing.

True but you can almost make a wave out of what DST hasn’t made yet. Secret War, the main suit from this game, The Bulletproof Suit, The Spirit Spider, the dark suit, the one from this game’s endgame, velocity, Spider Punk, Last Stand, and 2099 White. 

23 minutes ago, darthdoughboy said:

I wish I could find pictures of some of these suits you guys are talking about because you make the spirit spider sound cool but I can't seem to find it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spirit+spider+suit&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSlqHQrsfdAhVsFzQIHUE0DakQ_AUIEigC&biw=375&bih=553#imgrc=f__hpp4sr0OuNM:

It’s that guy. 

Ok, I don't know what I was looking up, but those suits do look really cool. I would love the spirit spider suit as well as the velocity (or spider spy suit), the last stand suit and spider punk out of it. I really wish we could get some spider-ham love, but that's just because I look at my collection of Spider-men and feel he's missing.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

@Heinous maybe some of the storm guards from Tomb Raider or Black Mask from Gotham. But they wouldn’t match exactly.

Those look good but I'm looking for actual masks, not painted heads. The nightmare before Christmas boxset with the bathtub has a mask that could work and be repainted. Just need to track some down