UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Construx Heroes Single packs

JeffBohn

Ha, I bought Hellboy too! I had a bunch of these from the classic TMNT sets.

I saw they made Data from TNG, so now I gotta find Picard and the old crew. Warf would be amazing.

I am always tempted to get some of the vehicle and accessory packs for the Construx military sets but I don't want to build anything!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I hadn't even seen that! It's cool that they are doing that, and I'll think about it, but I bet it will be a pain to build. My experience with Mega Construx sets is that they are needlessly difficult, because they don't separate the project into segments the way Lego does. So you end up having to sift through hundreds of pieces, most of which are the same color, looking for some tiny little thing. I bought a few sets when TRU closed, and I only finished the smaller ones because the bigger ones were so frustrating. It would be hard for me to pass on Grayskull, especially if the price comes down, but I'm not sure it will be worth the aggrivation.

10 hours ago, hellpop said:

Wow, I hadn't even seen that! It's cool that they are doing that, and I'll think about it, but I bet it will be a pain to build. My experience with Mega Construx sets is that they are needlessly difficult, because they don't separate the project into segments the way Lego does. So you end up having to sift through hundreds of pieces, most of which are the same color, looking for some tiny little thing. I bought a few sets when TRU closed, and I only finished the smaller ones because the bigger ones were so frustrating. It would be hard for me to pass on Grayskull, especially if the price comes down, but I'm not sure it will be worth the aggrivation.

Which ones did you make/pick up?

13 hours ago, hellpop said:

I have zero experience with Mega Construx as a brand. Aside from the frustration in finding parts during a build, how do they stack up against Lego?
A couple of years ago I bought the Lego Batman '66 set, took 3 days off work and had a nice little mini break at home watching Netflix and building my Batcave. I was thinking I'd do the same thing when Castle Grayskull comes out. Is the quality as nice as Lego? Do the bricks have a similar torque? etc...

I think the quality is fine; not everyone agrees. They seem to use smaller pieces a lot more than Lego, and like I said they don't separate them into numbered bags, though maybe they do for a set this big.  I just imagine having a pile of a thousand olive green parts spread out on my floor, trying to search for this one little tiny piece that hold this whole section together.

I've built a number of Halo, TMNT, and Star Trek sets and I'd say that while MB's quality isn't quite there with Lego it's close enough that it's hard to imagine anyone but a Lego loyalist complaining about it. I do agree about the building experience, since the parts aren't sorted out in a way that's related to the build you really need to do some sorting ahead of time to minimize frustration. That's one of the reasons (the other is space) I've never got around to putting together the Technodrome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i just found all of wave 5 and they are great,

MOTU Stratos and Scareglow (f'n Awesome) Xfiles Mulder and alien grey, TMNT Donatello, and Blue Xeno from Alien

I still need a wave 4 Evil-lyn if anyone can help

Edited by Mattallica

• 3 weeks later...