UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Construx Heroes Single packs

JeffBohn

It took me to the third wave, but I'm finally getting into these.  I like the variety of characters available, but I think it may be frustrating trying to complete anything.  So far I'm going to probably grab the Masters of the Universe and the TMNT 'Mirage' style figures.  Would probably grab the Futurama figures if I ran across them again.  Aliens, Star Trek and Terminator I'm perfectly happy with the Minimates I have.  Will pick and choose across the other figures available too, Hellboy is a must buy, probably Kratos too.

So, now that I'm trying to get the older MotU figures (only have Faker so far), where are people finding them?  Wal-Mart availability seems spotty, between 4 Wal-marts I only found them at 2.  I used to see them at TRU, no longer an option.  Target and Walgreens only seem to get the Call of Duty (I think it's Call of Duty) or HALO figures.

Currently searching for wave 1 and 2 Motu figures (or may wait for the 5 pack coming), and also Fry and Bender.  (I did see someone state wave 2 has showed up at Tuesday Morning stores, may make a stop tonight).

Edited by JeffBohn

I've got a few of them: He-Man, Skeletor, Picard, and a couple of the Halo guys. Nice little figures for what they are, and the removable armor on the Halo ones are really cool.

From what I remember, I think the sets with the mixed licenses are exclusive to Wal-Mart? My store only had wave 1 for the longest time, then skipped to wave 3 just recently, but was mostly picked clean when I found them.

I have all of Series 1 and everything from 2 except Kirk and Spock. I didn't know Series 3 was out yet. My closest Wal-mart has never stocked anything beyond 1 and even had them on clearance for a few weeks during their most recent reset. They're back at full price now but it looks like the pegs are just for Halo and CoD. I've also found these at Meijer, finally scored a Teela there a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn - the MotU line is starting to fill out nicely
What I wouldn't give for Minimates of MotU characters... Seriously thinking about jumping ship for these. 

EDIT: Damn - looks like Stratos, ScareGlow, Evil-Lyn and Man-at-Arms aren't getting made :(

Edited by Nessex

17 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Damn - the MotU line is starting to fill out nicely
What I wouldn't give for Minimates of MotU characters... Seriously thinking about jumping ship for these. 

EDIT: Damn - looks like Stratos, ScareGlow, Evil-Lyn and Man-at-Arms aren't getting made :(

Where did you see that there aren't getting made. I have the first wave and was looking forward to those as well.

12 minutes ago, lopez888 said:

Where did you see that there aren't getting made. I have the first wave and was looking forward to those as well.

BBTS cancelled orders for waves 4 - 6, claiming that the manufacturer would not be producing them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wave 4, the Wind Raider, and the Masters of the Universe 5 pack are starting to show up at Wal-Marts.  I haven't found Evil-Lyn or Hellboy yet, but have seen the rest of Wave 4, and only seen reports and shelf tags for the Wind Raider and 5 pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...