UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

4 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

I’ve still got a full Walgreens series for sale. $47 shipped, because they’re $10 a piece at my store plus shipping. Looking to get them into hands that want them, not make a profit. You want, just PM me. 

yeah what's up with the price hike! or I'm still spoiled by TRU $7.5

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

With the embargo of reviews up today, people are praising Medelson (Talos). Seems odd they aren't making him (unless it's really a typo on the boxset) I really hope skrulls are going to play a huge part of phase 4

there is a skrull in the box set that hits comic stores

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/18/diaomnd-select-toys-toy-fair-bruce-lee-marvel-godzilla-star-wars/img_2835-9/#main

Edited by maxcarnage

It’s disappointing that we aren’t getting Goose or a gun with the Skrull. Otherwise I love the look of the box set. Carol looks better than I thought.

15 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i am using the cat from alien.  the color is a tad off but close enough.  

I picked up the LEGO set to use that Goose.

32 minutes ago, EricM said:

I’m surprised they didn’t reuse the jackets they’ve used in the past and that it’s just part of the mate itself for Carol.

If they were making room for a BAM it would have made sense. As it is, I'll be putting a jacket on her. The trick will be that cool design on the back. Fortunately I have access to that art. ?

5 hours ago, EricM said:

I’m surprised they didn’t reuse the jackets they’ve used in the past and that it’s just part of the mate itself for Carol.

i'd assume its b/c the hair piece then sticks out like Batwoman's and then its just kinda ugly w/out the jacket:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=375&n=Batwoman+Hairpiece

but i think Zach said it was a late design change......no idea what that means.

maybe it means they were planning on it but then decided for some reason they couldn't do it or it wouldn't work.  

18 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i'd assume its b/c the hair piece then sticks out like Batwoman's and then its just kinda ugly w/out the jacket:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=375&n=Batwoman+Hairpiece

but i think Zach said it was a late design change......no idea what that means.

maybe it means they were planning on it but then decided for some reason they couldn't do it or it wouldn't work.  

A coat version of CM was not planned at first, it was subbed in later. So the hair was not sculpted to accommodate a coat; it would not have fit. And no new hairpiece was possible at that time. 

11 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

A coat version of CM was not planned at first, it was subbed in later. So the hair was not sculpted to accommodate a coat; it would not have fit. And no new hairpiece was possible at that time. 

ah ok.  well, i'm happy to get a coat version since she seems to wear it a lot in the film.  and yeah, the hair i figured was another reason to do the coat as a painted on one.  thanks for clarifying!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

After watching the movie, I am not surprised that we’re only getting one Skrull minimates. Having the Kree and the Starforce as the bad guys instead of the Skrulls was not the most shocking part of the film and I should have seen this coming. But, I wished we got a Maria Rambeau minimate or a Supreme Intelligence minimate instead of Ronan or Coulson.

10 hours ago, ABC123 said:
  Hide contents

After watching the movie, I am not surprised that we’re only getting one Skrull minimates. Having the Kree and the Starforce as the bad guys instead of the Skrulls was not the most shocking part of the film and I should have seen this coming. But, I wished we got a Maria Rambeau minimate or a Supreme Intelligence minimate instead of Ronan or Coulson.

Ronan was such a waste, I had high hopes he'd doing something alot cooler in the movie when they announced he was coming back. For such a big character in the cosmic marvel universe, they sure don't act like it in the movies

3 hours ago, Heinous said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ronan was such a waste, I had high hopes he'd doing something alot cooler in the movie when they announced he was coming back. For such a big character in the cosmic marvel universe, they sure don't act like it in the movies

That movie was filled with so many missed opportunities to do something remarkable. Instead they played it safe and made a predictable, by-the-numbers hero origin.

but specifically in regards to Ronan, yeah it was a lame wasted cameo... unless they were setting him up for another movie. It just felt to me like his whole comment about being back for her was the lead-in to a future story. Maybe the Captain Marvel sequel? They could easily fill a trilogy with all that she might have been up to between 1995 and 2019