UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

A Diamond Select Toys release! One of the most anticipated movies of 2019 is almost here, and DST is offering an all-new box set of Marvel Minimates based on it! This four-pack includes Captain Marvel, Kree soldiers Att-Lass and Minn-Erva, and the Skrull Nuro! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts. The set comes packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Barry Bradfield!

Box Set SRP: $24.99

Release Date: Spring 2019

captainmarvelminimatesboxset-1150722.jpe

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wouldn't normally be excited for this box set as that Carol is not the best in any way shape or form for my standards BUT those Kree and Skrull mates make this an easy build and we get both genders of Kree.  Easy swap out to get the pink skinned ones so this is a must buy.

1 hour ago, ABC123 said:

Jeez, they couldn’t give Captain Marvel a jacket piece instead of painting it on her?

I agree, making the jacket a tampo doesn't look as good and reduced my interest in the figure. I assume they would say it's being done that way because of the hair.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Can we get a yay shot? Where's Goose and Coulson and Fury and Maria and Talos? 

They aren't even in production yet, never mind in a yay. There will be an assortment at Walgreens to complement, with no overlap. 

42 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

:D any release date news (more specific than "Spring")?

i find it quite annoying when its released way after the movie has been out.  in the case of ant-man i think the dvd had already come out by the time the toys came.

Two-packs will hit in January. Not sure when this set will hit, but probably not sooner than spring. 

12 minutes ago, stack32 said:

I agree, making the jacket a tampo doesn't look as good and reduced my interest in the figure. I assume they would say it's being done that way because of the hair.

I do not think hair or a new coat piece were able to be factored into the design, because this design replaced another design late in the game. So it is somewhat of a compromise, but I also think a separate coat piece would have bulked her up too much. I know we've given women coat pieces in the past, but this is a movie, and product is often held to a different standard. 

14 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Two-packs will hit in January. 

At Walgreens.com?

15 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I do not think hair or a new coat piece were able to be factored into the design, because this design replaced another design late in the game.

Was the other design Carol in her Kree uniform?

So all the figures here are exclusive to this box set? If so that leaves 4 two packs with some interesting choices.

Also Minn-Erva's hairpiece would have been perfect for my custom of Spider-Gwen from Into the Spiderverse, if the long hair part was on the other side, bummer.

Edited by RedTiger95

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

They aren't even in production yet, never mind in a yay. There will be an assortment at Walgreens to complement, with no overlap. 

Two-packs will hit in January. Not sure when this set will hit, but probably not sooner than spring. 

I do not think hair or a new coat piece were able to be factored into the design, because this design replaced another design late in the game. So it is somewhat of a compromise, but I also think a separate coat piece would have bulked her up too much. I know we've given women coat pieces in the past, but this is a movie, and product is often held to a different standard. 

thanks for the info, Zach!

i hope i don't come off as whining or annoying.  i'm just excited!  

:D

Edited by nandoninny

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

At Walgreens.com?

Walgreens, anyway. I don;t know about the website. 

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Was the other design Carol in her Kree uniform?

No, that will be at Walgreens. Not going to get too deep into it, but there are two Carols and six completely different characters in the assortment. 

3 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

So all the figures here are exclusive to this box set? If so that leaves 4 two packs with some interesting choices.

Yes, the figures and three of the characters -- there will be two other Carols. 

So the Walgreens assortment will include two Carols (Captain Marvel sans jacket and Kree uniform), zero Skrulls, maybe a Coulson, a Fury, possibly Maria in her flight suit, and a couple more Starforce characters (unless alternate heads are offered in the 4-pack).

Please, no Ronan.

10 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Got the word from DST on Facebook that this is the only Skrull figure included for the movie, sadly.

Only one Skrull and he's in a boxset? That sounds about right.

Carol and Att-Lass don't look very good to me. I think it must be the faces because the uniforms look as I'd expect them to. Minn-Erva on the other hand is much more interesting, depending on accessories, which I expect are going to be limited.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

So the Walgreens assortment will include two Carols (Captain Marvel sans jacket and Kree uniform), zero Skrulls, maybe a Coulson, a Fury, possibly Maria in her flight suit, and a couple more Starforce characters (unless alternate heads are offered in the 4-pack).

Please, no Ronan.

Probably Monica rambeau too

5 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

Does the description have the wrong name for the skrull? It says Nuro but the main skrulls, which that looks to be, name is Talos

I was wonder that too. Because I'm already disappointed that we're only getting one Skrull but if we don't even get the main Skrull advertised for the movie, then I'm gonna be even more disappointed.