UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man is it tough to not make Carol Danvers a boring character. I suppose having FIVE WRITERS on one movie didn't help. I'm so happy the Kree were the villains after all. They are WAAAAY more evil than the Skulls in the grand scheme of things. Also super happy that Mar-Vell was made a woman. Harkens back to something Chris Claremont always: is there any reason why this character can't be a woman?

Edited by NerdyTrev

51 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

I think one the Carol variants should have been a powered up one. Maybe translucent hair, glowing eyes or glow in the dark parts. 

I would have traded the leather jacket Captain Marvel variant in the box set for a powered-up Captain Marvel variant. It was way more prominent in the movie than the leather jacket look was.

2 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

I think one the Carol variants should have been a powered up one. Maybe translucent hair, glowing eyes or glow in the dark parts. 

I bet that’s in the End Game sets.

3 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Just saw the movie,  loved it. I have some ideas for some customs. Hopefully after everyone has seen it we can start posting other versions of some of the characters. 

carol in the classic kree green and white costume for 2 seconds was awesome

I finally got a set (minus the Fury set) today from a guy on the fwoosh. I only wanted the star force figures just to have a generic squad of figures for my minimate shots. Head swapped SF carol with a spare nightcrawler head, red kree Mohawk and some black gloves. I'll probably end up painting the helmet hair red too for an alt look. Really looking forward to the box set for a couple more members. 

I'm not really too upset with the chest on Bron char (I think that's his name), it makes the gang more diverse. Could they have made better choice? More than likely, but I'm fine with it since I don't care about the character, he's just a generic guy in my display. It'd be cool if korath had a way to have his swords on his back, maybe Coulson's web gear would work and give him a bit of diversity in the costume 

I do really like the red and blue Carol but I feel like it'd stick out too much in a comic display with all the detail and metallics. It's definitely an improvement over the comic version of her helmet, which had a bland expression with the eyes, not saying the movie version is much better but it's better 

Saw it last night, mediocre movie full of missed opportunities. DST didn't miss many opportunities with their character selection though. I could use an extra Skrull or two and the bomber jacket Captain Marvel is a waste of a slot (one ML did too so Marvel might have pushed that look), a powered-up version would have made a lot more sense and been a more impressive minimate. Otherwise I don't see anything they skipped that I'd want more than what was made. Not having energy blasts with Captain Marvel seems like a bigger omission now since laser hands were basically her thing.

55 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

I agree with the Annette Benning head.

I personally wouldn't have minded a Maria or Carol with an Air Force suit. The omission of any form of Goose is weird though, since every other company has a version of him or her.

And DST has a cat mold already 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:57 PM, DSTZach said:

No official street date I know of.

It is still happening though, right?

• 1 month later...

Just this morning found Captain Marvel MiniMates at one of my local Walgreens.  I got a complete set, only wish I had a second set to open.

Now I hope I find Endgame MIniMates VERY SOON!

2 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

Just this morning found Captain Marvel MiniMates at one of my local Walgreens.  I got a complete set, only wish I had a second set to open.

Now I hope I find Endgame MIniMates VERY SOON!

sorry man, didn't know these weren't everywhere yet.  if you need another set i could help you out.  they're all over the place here (Houston) and i'll be going to walgreens looking for endgame anyways.  let me know if you want me to grab you a set.

Did we ever see any production pictures of it?

With the Kingdom Hearts and Bruce Lee cancellations, as well as comments about Marvel movie product sales suffering too long after the movie, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was cancelled too.

Hopefully if it is we still get a Skrull for some future movie.