UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

Raises hand. I wasn't that keen because I don't like Carol's hair (although I may like it with a different face) and of course the painted on jacket. I was excited though that we got the basic male and female version of a Kree warrior to army build and head swap in carol into a uniform if we didn't get one in the main release (which we did).

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, question for those who have these. Do all of your Star Force members have silver highlights? Or is it missing from some?

Bron Char is super silvery. Carol’s torso and left leg are, but her right leg and all of Korvath are just matt grey.

Ronan and Jude Law both appear to be shiny, but I haven’t taken them out of the package yet.

I just opened mine last night. Didn't notice any asymmetrical tampo printing with the silver. I'll give them another look.

I did notice a lack of printing on the chest block under Bron Char's chest piece. Not really surprised but it was still a little disappointing. Still looking forward to doing some army building with these figures.

Just opened my set from Walgreens. Korath does not have silver highlights but the rest do. They all also have completely different tampo designs so they don't all match to begin with.

I'm truly impressed with all of these. The amount of accessories and alternate looks is incredible for what could have been just a bunch of "armybuilders" and guys in suits. Fury and Coulson both look like their previous MCU 'mates but younger, especially Coulson who appears to have the same worried frowny face as the Thor version. I was only planning to track down an extra of each Carol and Yonn Rog to display the helmeted looks. But now I need another full set so I can have all the alt looks on display.

I wasn't sure I was going to get these but after my wife offered to make a stop at Walgreens to look and the whole wave was there I felt like I should go ahead. A few thoughts:

Fury & Coulson: Might as well put these together since they're basically the same figure. The likenesses are decent enough. I appreciate the extra arms and holster so that you can display both figures without jackets, unfortunately the white torsos on both figures have dark scuffs from the jackets so that hurts the display value. The prints on the ties are some of my favorite details I've seen on a minimate and it adds a lot to each figure.

Captain Marvel & Starforce Captain Marvel: More mostly identical figures but no complaints since it's accurate to the source material. I've never liked the design of the hair coming through the helmet, DST has done an excellent job capturing the look though, much better than the comic version from wave 64. The costume details look great. The red clear coat on the helmet of Captain Marvel was very thick on one side of the one I got so it looks pretty bad, not sure if I can fix it or not. I like that the figures have different expressions, it's too bad that it looks like one of these heads will be repeated in the box set. Accessories feel a little light, I'd think Carol could come some sort of energy blast and given the prominence of the cat in some of the advertising and the fact that DST has a cat mold it seems like it really should have been included.

Ronan: Ronan looks good, obviously the pieces are familiar. It's nice that they corrected his weapon.

Korath: Korath is another nice figure though the print doesn't look quite as good since it's gray instead of silver. I like his weapons.

Bron-Char: The costume details are nice but that chest piece is just lazy design, DST can do better. He feels like he needs an accessory but maybe not having an is accurate to the movie.

Yon-Rogg: My favorite figure of the wave. I wish the highlights were silver instead of gray. I like the gloves and helmet a lot even if the hands are too wide to hold his pistol. I'll be curious to see exactly what the energy piece that goes with the right glove represents.

None of the figures fit very well on the stands, obviously DST doesn't see this as a problem since it keeps happening. Overall, a wave with a bunch of aliens in cool costumes with some parts-swapping army building potential is worth buying even without seeing the movie. I would've swapped Att-Lass into this wave for Bron-char for better army building but I can't criticize that decision too much.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

One thing that's holding me back from army-building with these figures is that the costumes are different. I'm guessing each one represents a different rank but I'm not sure. Very cool little plastic dudes, though.

Why wouldn't an army have different ranks? 

other than "captain" marvel none of the others have a rank assigned that i see, and hers might come from her dog tags as  a captain in the USAF ,but im pretty sure that wont be until she joins the Avengers, i think she is known as "Vers" while part of star force.   they  may be part of the kree army, but i was thinking Star force was an elite fighting team, (no ranks???)

Edited by Mattallica