UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

1 minute ago, MisterPL said:

"Better late than never" seems to be DST's business model lately. (Ant-Man and Predator, I'm looking at you.)

Seriously, how many 2-packs of Skrulls do you think they could move? Depending on how many alternate noggins they include, I'd buy a case.

i miss the army dumps.  the aliens ones were cheap enough that i bought 2 cases.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

i think we need to see the movie first as some people say that the skrull in the box set is the main baddie or that someone else may be the baddie.  but also remember Iron Man 2 and Wolverine 2 where the main bad guys at the end (Whiplash in armor and Silver Samurai) were not designed yet when the toys went into production and therefore just had to be left out........  Zach did mention a last minute design change on the Captain so maybe there were other late changes as well.

I’m only assuming because the Marvel Legends Figure has a different name and is played by a somewhat known actor, people may not recognize the name but he’s been in Dark Knight Rises and Rogue One so it seemed like he would have some significance, but I’ve been suspecting an Iron Man 3 style swerve with something based on the Yon Rogg/Mar Vell confusion, so maybe it’s intentional. 

23 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Pretty sure we made an old lady or two. Boom. Skrulls.

Without sounding too rude, as I love Minimates, that's a pretty sorry answer. I really hope the Skrulls play a bigger role in the future of the MCU because I'll be awfully bummed if the only way to get an MCU Skrull is through this box set.

17 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Without sounding too rude, as I love Minimates, that's a pretty sorry answer. I really hope the Skrulls play a bigger role in the future of the MCU because I'll be awfully bummed if the only way to get an MCU Skrull is through this box set.

Sorry, I was trying to be helpful. I don't make the line plans. Maybe putting a skrull in a two-pack would have made sense, with Fury or PHil at specialty, but the two-packs were done before the box set, so it may have been an approval or reference thing. Not sure about the Nuro business, I guess we'll see. And honestly, it sounds like a specialty set is a sure fire way to order what you want, vs. fighting over them at Walgreens, you just have to army build starforce members as well.

Edited by DSTZach

I’m starting to think the Skrulls are only being set up in this one for future shenanigans, the way they’re being presented is just not logical if they’re supposed to be this big menace, unless they’re hiding a plot twist they seem to just be a plot point instead of a major antagonist. 

7 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i'm gonna go with Zach's original suggestion -- any minimate could be a skrull........and how do we know none of these are?  ;)  

YO MAMA COULD BE A SKRULL.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wow I'm kinda lame today.

23 hours ago, Valo487 said:

I’m starting to think the Skrulls are only being set up in this one for future shenanigans, the way they’re being presented is just not logical if they’re supposed to be this big menace, unless they’re hiding a plot twist they seem to just be a plot point instead of a major antagonist. 

Was a Thanos a Skrull? Discuss.

I guess a few years ago i believe it was revealed in either a Thanos book or an Avengers book that Thanos was part Skrull. His mother was revealed to be a Skrull.

Hmmm.. I just read that that story happened in an Earth X. Weird, I have no recollection of that happenin in Earth X. Oh well, carry on.

The amount of ebay listings of this wave, while still insanely overpriced, makes me very hopefull this time around, considering the last animated wave and the second infinity war wave only had one or two listing a piece for months, I’m actually confident I can get these for a relatively okay price some time down the line, because if I can’t I’m only going for the regular marvel and jude law sets, I don’t see enough reason to spend $20+ on the other 2

Gotta say, I know it stirred a lot of controversy when first shown but I really love these green costumes. They are very sleek and the accessories are awesome.

Also, they make better looking Green Lanterns than the Green Lanterns Corp. I need a little green army!

On 1/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Padrino said:

Gotta say, I know it stirred a lot of controversy when first shown but I really love these green costumes. They are very sleek and the accessories are awesome.

I didn't understand the hate. I think the green suits look rad as hell.