UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Marvel Movie Minimates

nandoninny

so, i don't want to spoil anything for anyone -- but with the captain marvel pictures released today i'm excited about the Minimates that are sure to follow!! 

Assuming we can find any at walgreens i'm hoping there are at least 8 figures (4 sets at walgreens and a comic book box set that has 2 exclusives).

again, i don't want to spoil anything but i think one of the pictures would make for an excellent SDCC box set -- something a casual fan wouldn't care about but collectors would love.  

if you want to see the pictures -- here is a link:  (the link itself contains a spoiler so i've hidden it)

the sdcc boxset i would love is the 6th picture in the series, or here:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/captainmarvel6.jpg#main

Edited by nandoninny
hide spoilers

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it's possible that this movie will only have a Walgreens assortment, since Ant-Man and the Wasp was only at specialty.

If not, I think it's most likely to be a specialty box set and Walgreens wave, so 10 unique figures. I could see some of the characters in these pictures being made as Wave 60-style head swaps, especially since they're mostly pretty obscure.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

If not, I think it's most likely to be a specialty box set and Walgreens wave, so 10 unique figures. I could see some of the characters in these pictures being made as Wave 60-style head swaps, especially since they're mostly pretty obscure.

Fortunately Captain Marvel has a few different looks. She can easily be in two assortments. A 4-pack like the Crazy 88s isn't a bad idea, taking advantage of the uniforms and offering different noggins, encouraging multiple purchases for army builders.

Nah. That's a terrible idea.

I'm not yet sold on the idea of wanting all of the characters that wear similar uniforms though I can imagine it happening. I doubt it's going to happen. I just hope DST stops and reconsiders how they're offering movie minimates because I don't think the last few movie waves have worked all that well.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Skipping the MCU's first film with a female lead would be bad. Social media would have a conniption. (Well, social media IS a conniption but you know what I mean.)

Agreed however I still wouldn’t be surprised. I mean look at Starwars and the Rey debacle. 

There was no "Rey debacle." There were plenty of Rey action figures on shelves in September of that year. The only problem was that, as with many toy lines, retailers didn't order enough to satisfy the unexpected demand once the film finally hit in December.

There's been Rey merchandise collecting dust ever since thanks to overcompensation.

That's a very optimistic rendering of the situation. Still, I think Wonder Woman is a better comparison here and those figures did okay, certainly no worse than BvS or JL. Plus we can already see there are a number of interesting designs to work with so they shouldn't have to resort to Brie Larson in a jacket to fill out the assortment.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:31 AM, nandoninny said:

Wait.... is that...

Spoiler

Korath?!?!?

Oh - Tenime seems to confirm that it is.

Edited by Nessex

13 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

The only thing I'm really looking forward to from this wave is army building some MCU Skrull 'mates!

Which likely means we will see one slot with a Skrull. In the box set.

Edited by Onyx_6

you can army build skrulls using anything though -- they're shape changers.  ;)

but seriously, yeah, i'd love to at least get a box set of skrulls.  or an army dump like the good old days.

just no blind bags please.

but it seems the popularity just isn't there anymore.  we're lucky to get a box set or two.  

as for civilian Carol -- i'd love one w/ the NIN shirt!!!!